Fermanagh v Antrim - the battle for the Wooden spoon

Started by FermGael, May 25, 2015, 12:27:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Glensman

Quote from: 5 Sams on May 31, 2015, 08:28:34 PM
Pleasantly surprised with the BBC NI coverage of the Fermanagh Antrim game. Is that Thomas Kane commentating? Thought he did well. Clark knows his stuff.

Agree that there was more shown than I thought there would be. BBC probably feel justified now in not showing it live.

It was Thomas Niblock - a few wrong name calls here and there but generally very good and a marked improvement from his professor. Agree re Marty Clarke - pretty much on the money. Makes absolute sense to have someone who played the game as co-commentator.

Real shame with the sending off (deserved) and the players missing/not playing for Antrim but hey ho...

theticklemister

if kevin mcgourty was playing, they would have won

Main Street

In the end the scoreline was a bit  flattering  to Fermanagh, but a well deserved win, eventually.
Antrim tried.

twohands!!!

As others have said Clarke was very decent.

Hopefully BBC NI use him for more games.

Pub Bore

Quote from: hardstation on June 01, 2015, 07:52:36 PM
We've little to laugh about but this is funny.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2knY6LrJXNY

Strange he didn't get a free for that blatant push in the back.  There was a similar one just before that where Quigley of Fermanagh hopped the ball and it came off his toe.

stiffler

Anyone got a link to maddens comments in the IN?
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

ONeill

That was a poor game. The only moments of anything resembling class were McGourty's frees.

Antrim had players as good as Fermanagh but lost by double scores. If Antrim had Pete McGrath manage them they'd cause teams bother.

Is Kieran McGourty the lone baldy player (naturally) in 2015?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

rodney trotter

Kevin Niblock, Kevin O Boyle, Tomas and Michael McCann, Niall McKeever. None of them were available  for Antrim.

Antrim always seem to have a few pulling out or not available every year. Those are all top players.

Farrandeelin

As bad and all as Antrim were in the first game, they could very well beat Fermanagh this time out. I hope Fermanagh's heads don't drop after losing the way they did against Monaghan. They (Fermanagh) played well in the first half according to reports. Antrim will be full of confidence after beating Laois.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

CitySlicker11

Yeah I think this one will be a lot closer than the last time out. Hopefully both teams don't set up as defensively as the last time. It was only in the second half when way behind that Antrim started to play. This should show the management that they can be match teams when they go at the opposition.

FermGael

McCluskeys appeal against the red card has been rejected.
He will miss the game which is a massive blow for Fermanagh.

Anybody coming to the match needs to give themselves plenty of time for travelling. 
One of the main bridges in Enniskillen  beside Brewster park is having work done and it is closed to one lane of traffic.
This has had a massive effect on traffic in the town as there now is only one way in and out of enniskillen. There have been  major traffic delays around the town over the last 10 days.
Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

Pub Bore

Obviously the Roads Service didn't think there'd be any Championship action in Brewster Pk in July ;)

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Pub Bore on July 02, 2015, 09:42:37 AM
Obviously the Roads Service didn't think there'd be any Championship action in Brewster Pk in July ;)

For the 6 cars heading down it won't make a pile a difference ;-) Though I and heading down to Kesh on Sunday, late afternoon though do I head into Enniskillen to get to Kesh?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Jimmyjimson

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 02, 2015, 12:56:48 PM
Quote from: Pub Bore on July 02, 2015, 09:42:37 AM

For the 6 cars heading down it won't make a pile a difference ;-) Though I and heading down to Kesh on Sunday, late afternoon though do I head into Enniskillen to get to Kesh?

Nope head through Omagh - Lack - Ederney - Kesh