How long does it take for a penny to drop in Tyrone?

Started by Darby, May 23, 2015, 12:46:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

How long does it take for a penny to drop in Tyrone?

Eleven years and counting
Millennia
How long is a piece of string?
They don't drop
I deny everything that this thread might be insinuating. But I don't condone anything, course not.

Darby

How long does it take for a penny to drop in the zero-gravity county?

BennyCake

A Tyrone man dropped a penny once. He bent down to pick it up and it hit him on the back of the head.

Darby

Quote from: BennyCake on May 23, 2015, 01:21:47 PM
A Tyrone man dropped a penny once. He bent down to pick it up and it hit him on the back of the head.
I don't condone such behaviour by units of currency, but I think your source is unreliable, and that kind of paranormal activity goes on everywhere.

Dubh driocht

The main thread on all this stuff is becoming boring with point-scoring obscuring the real issues here.
I like and admire Tyrone people and, by extension, their team. I have always loved their passion about the GAA and they have brought so much to the table over the years. I supported them in all their finals, and was as delighted for them on their three triumphs as any Ulsterman. But I believe their borderline fanaticism has gone too far. Mickey Harte is a man to be respected and I've had the privilege of meeting him and discussing his philosophy on the game. However, since 2008 I have been a bit ambivalent to his protests of innocence about the dark arts. It reached a peak for me when Tyrone did the double over Down at Casement Park in 2010. In the minor game I saw the cynicism and heard the sledging which was shocking for lads under 18. When the same thing happened in the senior game I posted on here that Mickey should take a long hard look at himself as it was clear that the 'culture' in Tyrone was one of grudging admiration of the cute hoor. As long as you win, anything goes. I asked the rhetorical question if that was what Mickey would want for his grandchildren?
I believe that Tyrone minors did make reference to the death of a father of one of the Donegal players during the game last weekend. That is shocking. Where did the perpetrators get a sense of believing that was acceptable and sure it's all forgotten when the final whistle goes. As these threads show- it isn't forgotten and by their actions the perpetrators have brought us all down. The denials by the Tyrone County Board could be compared to the denials of the Catholic Church to CSA or the 2008 financial regulators that credit was being made available too easily. If I hear of any player from Down behaving like this, and if the team management or County Board don't take action, I will withdraw my financial support for the county. Over to you Club Tyrone.

Darby

Quote from: Dubh driocht on May 23, 2015, 03:40:51 PM
The main thread on all this stuff is becoming boring with point-scoring obscuring the real issues here.
I like and admire Tyrone people and, by extension, their team. I have always loved their passion about the GAA and they have brought so much to the table over the years. I supported them in all their finals, and was as delighted for them on their three triumphs as any Ulsterman. But I believe their borderline fanaticism has gone too far. Mickey Harte is a man to be respected and I've had the privilege of meeting him and discussing his philosophy on the game. However, since 2008 I have been a bit ambivalent to his protests of innocence about the dark arts. It reached a peak for me when Tyrone did the double over Down at Casement Park in 2010. In the minor game I saw the cynicism and heard the sledging which was shocking for lads under 18. When the same thing happened in the senior game I posted on here that Mickey should take a long hard look at himself as it was clear that the 'culture' in Tyrone was one of grudging admiration of the cute hoor. As long as you win, anything goes. I asked the rhetorical question if that was what Mickey would want for his grandchildren?
I believe that Tyrone minors did make reference to the death of a father of one of the Donegal players during the game last weekend. That is shocking. Where did the perpetrators get a sense of believing that was acceptable and sure it's all forgotten when the final whistle goes. As these threads show- it isn't forgotten and by their actions the perpetrators have brought us all down. The denials by the Tyrone County Board could be compared to the denials of the Catholic Church to CSA or the 2008 financial regulators that credit was being made available too easily. If I hear of any player from Down behaving like this, and if the team management or County Board don't take action, I will withdraw my financial support for the county. Over to you Club Tyrone.
Thumbs up.

Over the Bar

Yet another "newbie" poster appears to slag off Tyrone.  Strange that. And a newbie with a poll straight off!! 😆
How predicable from Indiana, Giveherlong, Giveballahback etc...

JUst retired

What about the racial abuse of a Crossmaglen player 2years ago.That was from a Down team..

Dubh driocht

JR, as you well know , that was a club team, not someone representing the county. The player(s) involved admitted it and were banned.
What abouttery doesn't cut it. Personal verbal abuse is wrong, full stop.

JUst retired

It was in the club championship,were they not representing Down as Co.Champions. I would say their were.

Darby

Quote from: JUst retired on May 25, 2015, 05:11:20 PM
It was in the club championship,were they not representing Down as Co.Champions. I would say their were.
Somebody else was at it? Oh, well okay then, all is forgiven Tyrone!