New GAA Season Ticket App

Started by Mayo Club 51, May 20, 2015, 04:54:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mayo Club 51

The GAA will be trialing a new GAA season ticket application for smartphones this weekend in Croke Park. The app is initially being offered to a small group of season ticket holders who will be attending this weekends championship match between Longford and Dublin (football) and Dublin v Galway (hurling) quarter finals. Earlier in the year during the league, Croke Park were trialling new self scanning scanners in Mc Hale Park Castlebar, which worked pretty well.

E-mail sent out to select season ticket holders today;

QuoteST Account:

A Chara,

I hope you're well and looking forward to yet another exciting Summer of GAA Senior Championship action.

As you know, we constantly strive to make our games even more enjoyable for those in attendance and this year we hope technology will play its part in achieving increased levels of satisfaction.

On Sunday, May 31st at the Leinster GAA Football (Dublin v Longford) & Hurling quarter finals (Dublin v Galway) an exclusive smart phone app trial will take place in Croke Park.

A select group of attendees will have messages sent directly to their iPhone or Android smart phone based on their location within the stadium and I'm delighted to let you know that you have been chosen as one of the potential participants!

If you are planning on going to this match, this is a chance to be part of an innovative initiative and we will also provide you with a SPECIAL OFFER on the day to thank you for your feedback.

If you would like to be part of this exclusive trial, follow these two simple steps;

1 - Reply to this email confirming your interest to participate

2 - Await a further email from us later this week with a downloadable link to the test app

Please note that we will be in contact later this week regarding the "Bring a Friend" option along with the full ticketing arrangements for the above fixtures

Kind Regards,

GAA Ticket Office

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rl9YpoXTa9E

Rossfan

I see we have to part pay for admission to Ruislip. Season ticket got you in in 2010. >:(
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Mayo Club 51

Quote from: Rossfan on May 20, 2015, 05:37:57 PM
I see we have to part pay for admission to Ruislip. Season ticket got you in in 2010. >:(

Same with us last year in New York. Got a $5 buck reduction. It was free in 2009 with the season ticket. They reckoned they'd loose too much money with the amount of season tickets!

larryin89

Quote from: Rossfan on May 20, 2015, 05:37:57 PM

Is London game classed as your first championship game or will ye get free admission to Sligo game if ye won .
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

Rossfan

I expect Sligo will be our free admission day - if we win.
If we don't there won't be anyone going to the Qualifier :(

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Rossfan on May 20, 2015, 11:22:15 PM
I expect Sligo will be our free admission day - if we win.
If we don't there won't be anyone going to the Qualifier :(
Apart from you and Syf. Jesus ye might come to blows ;D
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Rossfan

He'll be too busy taking photos of Cregger :P

mayo.mick

Was anyone else offered to trial the new season ticket app this weekend?
mayo for sam-don't ask me what year! :-)
https://michaelmaye.com/mayo-gaa-photos/
@mayo_mick

Croí na hÉireann

They could work on getting the existing system right first before moving on to an app. Not only was there not a scanner in Drogeda last weekend, but they didn't even have the print out of names. Just flash the card as you go in. Should have passed it back out through the fence.
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...