Twistin, turnin, windin roads - Galway v Mayo 14/6/15

Started by Farrandeelin, May 17, 2015, 08:10:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Farrandeelin

Quote from: larryin89 on June 01, 2015, 02:59:52 PM
Under two weeks now, gettin a biteen nervous/ excited ? I see mayos odds have gone in to 4/7 now and the handicap has gone from -1 to -2 . Bookies gettin nervous as people start to realise Galway are shite and Mayo are mighty.

A small biteen. It still seems like a good while away.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Farrandeelin

I see (courtesy of a poster here over on Mayogaablog) Mayo played a challenge match in Limerick against Cork, and drew. Any other friendlies, games or anything have they played?

Just to add, rather than seeming to be talking to myself :D, Kenneth O'Malley and Micheal Forde have been released from the panel. Regan, despite his injury is kept on.

moysider

Quote from: Farrandeelin on June 01, 2015, 03:34:23 PM
Under two weeks now, gettin a biteen nervous/ excited ? I see mayos odds have gone in to 4/7 now and the handicap has gone from -1 to -2 . Bookies gettin nervous as people start to realise Galway are shite and Mayo are mighty.

A small biteen
. It still seems like a good while away.

Unfortunately I never get that fear anymore. I suppose the system had to shut out the repeated horror and I ve ended up more of an observer than a fan. Sad but that's the way it goes. I heard on the radio tonight that the news on the injury front in Mayo is good. I heard positive stuff about Chris B. Aidan and Cunniffe but may have missed other good news.
Ye know what it's like in a car. Nobody says anything for ages and just when you want to hear something on the radio, somebody starts asking you something. So I dunno if Parsons was mentioned in the good news section.
Met a Kerryman today that s predicting a Donegal v Dublin final. Reckons Donegal will be even better this year and while he thinks Mayo will win Connacht there is no addition to the ranks. Sure we ll see.

Syferus

Donegal will be doing well to be at the same level they were last year. Looked like they'd make short work of Tyrone but let themselves get entangled in a pitch battle they could have lost.

macdanger2

Quote from: moysider on June 03, 2015, 11:50:46 PM
Quote from: Farrandeelin on June 01, 2015, 03:34:23 PM

A small biteen
. It still seems like a good while away.

Unfortunately I never get that fear anymore. I suppose the system had to shut out the repeated horror and I ve ended up more of an observer than a fan. Sad but that's the way it goes. I heard on the radio tonight that the news on the injury front in Mayo is good. I heard positive stuff about Chris B. Aidan and Cunniffe but may have missed other good news.
Ye know what it's like in a car. Nobody says anything for ages and just when you want to hear something on the radio, somebody starts asking you something. So I dunno if Parsons was mentioned in the good news section.
Met a Kerryman today that s predicting a Donegal v Dublin final. Reckons Donegal will be even better this year and while he thinks Mayo will win Connacht there is no addition to the ranks. Sure we ll see.

No mention of parsons on that report AFAIK, SOS and hennelly mentioned as being available for selection and COC as being "hopeful" or something.

I'm the same with the radio, the sooner the equivalent of sky plus becomes available for radio, the better

RogerMilla

Farrandeelin

Quote from: RogerMilla on June 04, 2015, 02:34:04 PM
A good read on the mayo galway rivalry from a galway perspective

http://mayoclub51.com/way-tuam/

I hope Mayo rip the bloody bastards to shreds after reading that.

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: Farrandeelin on June 04, 2015, 09:54:20 PM

I hope Mayo rip the bloody b**tards to shreds after reading that.

Maybe a slight overreaction. ;D

moysider

Hmmmm.

Only a kid and saw success early, yet would resent it in a neighbouring county that has waited a long time. Seems to be the norm though among our neighbours.
I remember being delighted with Galway's win in '98 and wasn t too upset either in 01 when they won. As a young fella I also would have liked to see that fine Ros. team win the whole shebang.
Things have changed since then I suppose and forums like this and articles like that have educated us all about how much resentment and vitriol is out there. 

GalwayBayBoy

I think you would have to be pretty thin skinned to be offended by that in fairness. Especially as he was only 8 years old in 99.

From the Bunker

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on June 04, 2015, 10:59:19 PM
I think you would have to be pretty thin skinned to be offended by that in fairness. Especially as he was only 8 years old in 99.

Ah, do you not know us Mayos at this stage? Always looking for some else to dislike or to blame for our many bad days at the office.

Lar Naparka

Quote from: moysider on June 04, 2015, 10:46:04 PM

Hmmmm.

Only a kid and saw success early, yet would resent it in a neighbouring county that has waited a long time. Seems to be the norm though among our neighbours.
I remember being delighted with Galway's win in '98 and wasn t too upset either in 01 when they won. As a young fella I also would have liked to see that fine Ros. team win the whole shebang.
Things have changed since then I suppose and forums like this and articles like that have educated us all about how much resentment and vitriol is out there.
Arra, I wouldn't bother me posterior about it, it was a space filler, pure and simple.
You or I, or anybody else with a good feed of porter onboard could churn out the same sort of nonsense without a bother.
He was given a space to fill and he did it in style, maybe not in substance but, heck, nobody's perfect.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

moysider

Exactly - that makes him 24?
He s seen Galway win 2 AIs and he s having fretting about maybe Mayo could win one sometime. FFS when I was 24 I d seen us win a whole 3 Connachts!! But if that s the way he feels - and I suspect it s typical - good luck to him.
At the back of it all though is a curious sense of entitlement.

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: moysider on June 04, 2015, 11:15:52 PM

Exactly - that makes him 24?
He s seen Galway win 2 AIs and he s having fretting about maybe Mayo could win one sometime. FFS when I was 24 I d seen us win a whole 3 Connachts!! But if that s the way he feels - and I suspect it s typical - good luck to him.
At the back of it all though is a curious sense of entitlement.

As I said, thin skinned.

Syferus

Quote from: moysider on June 04, 2015, 10:46:04 PM

Hmmmm.

Ah don't rope us into the hatred angle. Sure we let Galway walk Sam across the Shannon in Athlone in '98. The vitriol is at it's highest level for the year around now because the big provincial matches are coming up. Usually emotions have calmed a bit by August and whoever's left from Connacht tends to get plenty of well wishes.