Twistin, turnin, windin roads - Galway v Mayo 14/6/15

Started by Farrandeelin, May 17, 2015, 08:10:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rossfan

At least Gerry got elected unlike th'other bolx.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Owenmoresider

Quote from: Rossfan on May 20, 2015, 06:56:00 PM
Quote from: giveballaghback on May 20, 2015, 05:48:03 PM
, Sligo.... a garrison town who support anything but gaelic football,

They are fairly showing themselves up today. Cheering Charlie Windsor everywhere he goes.
Embarrassing :-[
I suppose they have to wait til June 20th to see real royalty visit the town I suppose. And indeed that lot think it's their f***ing birthright to rule over us too.

Syferus

Quote from: Owenmoresider on May 20, 2015, 10:27:55 PM

They are fairly showing themselves up today. Cheering Charlie Windsor everywhere he goes.
I suppose they have to wait til June 20th to see real royalty visit the town I suppose. And indeed that lot think it's their f***ing birthright to rule over us too.

In fairness it's not like you've given us much reason to think otherwise recently..

seafoid

Quote from: Rossfan on May 20, 2015, 06:50:50 PM
Are thongs ye're new secret weapon LarĂ­n and what will ye be doin with them????
thinging

I think galway are 2 years off giving mayo a good going over

larryin89

Quote from: Syferus on May 20, 2015, 09:17:55 PM

Sure I got a few pictureens of him too so I did. Better than cheering Gerry Adams anyways.

Do you do a bit of photography ?
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

Rossfan

Syfeen has a great big fancy cameraeen. He does take loads o pictureens.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Manning18

One thing Galway may have in their favour this year is the change in managers. Horan toyed with Mulholland this past two years, on a completely different level tactically. While Walsh isnt perfect, he does look an upgrade in this regard, whereas the Mayo duo looked lost at times during the league and reports from the camp havent been good. Might be the first time in a long while that Galway have an advantage on the line. That obviously still wont be enough to bridge the gap we've seen on the field

mayoman dan

Quote from: Manning18 on May 21, 2015, 08:27:30 AM
One thing Galway may have in their favour this year is the change in managers. Horan toyed with Mulholland this past two years, on a completely different level tactically. While Walsh isnt perfect, he does look an upgrade in this regard, whereas the Mayo duo looked lost at times during the league and reports from the camp havent been good. Might be the first time in a long while that Galway have an advantage on the line. That obviously still wont be enough to bridge the gap we've seen on the field

Horan was a good coach but tactics were not his strong point.Theres not much confidence in our duo but they have been unlucky with injuries and they may be reluctant to show their hand until they have to.

Farrandeelin

Hopefully there won't be any injuries this weekend either.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Farrandeelin

Can anybody in Galway or indeed any other Connacht county let us know if there's a curtain raiser to this game?

Syferus

Quote from: Farrandeelin on May 25, 2015, 08:34:30 PM
Can anybody in Galway or indeed any other Connacht county let us know if there's a curtain raiser to this game?

I assume the LC might prevent the minor meeting going ahead ahead before this game? It's usually late June before Connacht gears up for the minor championship.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Syferus on May 25, 2015, 08:57:01 PM
Quote from: Farrandeelin on May 25, 2015, 08:34:30 PM

I assume the LC might prevent the minor meeting going ahead ahead before this game? It's usually late June before Connacht gears up for the minor championship.

Correct Syf. The minor game is fixed for July 4th.

mayoman dan

So how do ye think Mayo will line out for this one.I think this will be the team

Hennelly

Cafferkey                             Keane                   Higgins

Keegan                                Vaughan               Boyle

Parsons      Seamus

Mc Loughlin                          Diarmuid            Doherty

Cillian                                 AOS                  Dillon

Personally i would have Tom Cunniffe starting but i dont know where he would go.Can we afford to take Higgins out of the corner or do we move Vaughan further up the field to accomodate him? Ive heard Andy is flying but i think himself and Dillon are better as impact subs.Also Freeman at centre forward is something i would consider.

Farrandeelin

joemamas

Quote from: mayoman dan on May 27, 2015, 06:41:51 PM
So how do ye think Mayo will line out for this one.I think this will be the team

Hennelly

Cafferkey                             Keane                   Higgins

Keegan                                Vaughan               Boyle

Parsons      Seamus

Mc Loughlin                          Diarmuid            Doherty

Cillian                                 AOS                  Dillon

Personally i would have Tom Cunniffe starting but i dont know where he would go.Can we afford to take Higgins out of the corner or do we move Vaughan further up the field to accomodate him? Ive heard Andy is flying but i think himself and Dillon are better as impact subs.Also Freeman at centre forward is something i would consider.

Based on what I have seen, I really do not think that DOC can score and then the Q becomes what will his actual role be. Opposing backs may end up standing off him thereby forcing him to shoot.
Would be very surprised to see Alan Dillon starting, same with Andy M.
Have been disappointed with Lee Keegan this year, he is not a quality defender, and the very obvious tactic of keeping him in a very defensive minded role may not suit his game. Same for D. Vaughan, not a center back.

Based on League, Ronaldson should start. If Cuniffe is fit should be automatic. I would also consider persisting with Freeman. He can finish when he takes the mind to.

A lot more Q than answers, but just an opinion.