Leinster SFC - Offaly v Longford 16 May 2015

Started by Shamrock Shore, May 11, 2015, 04:32:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shamrock Shore

Game in Tullamore at 19.00 this Saturday.

Too soon to start a thread? 
:-\

Winners play The Dubs
:-[

Losers on ice until last weekend in June
:'(

For the record if Offaly have any wits about them they will win. If they decide to play open and fast football they will win by a cricket score.

AZOffaly

I'm concerned about the centre of Offaly's defence when Longford run at them. I agree that if Offaly can use the speed advantage they seem to have, move the ball quickly, and have their 4 scorers on song, they should have enough. It's one thing doing it in a League game, it's another doing it in Championship, so I can't see a 'cricket score' no matter what.

I'd be worried about this, it is set up perfectly for a Longford ambush, but I do think Offaly are better.

Shamrock Shore

Seemingly Longford beat Tipp in a challenge the other evening - with Tipp having 10 of the players that hammered us in the AIQs last year.

Maybe we are in with a shout but I hold very little store in the result of an aul challenge with lads maybe not even half trying.

Jinxy

Do Sky have it?
It doesn't get any bigger than this.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

AZOffaly

Jaysus, ye are long way from being in a position to be sarky about ANYTHING :)

Shamrock Shore

Hey Jinxy

From all in the Longford and Offaly camps!

twohands!!!

Always tough for players to go into a game like this when the prize on offer is an away game against the Dubs.

Both teams had decent leagues but to go from playing 8/9 games in a row against Division 4 opposition (I know both of them are out of it now but that's were they started the year,and they are playing each other so I'm going to include it ) to a game against Dublin is an unmerciful jump in quality.

AZOffaly

Unmerciful is the word for it. Having said that, worry about Longford first. We might never have to think about the Dubs at all.

seafoid

the early stages of the LSFC are more interesting than the Dubs pasting Meath again in the final.

Thewildcat

Quote from: Jinxy on May 12, 2015, 01:21:45 PM
Do Sky have it?
It doesn't get any bigger than this.

you will find the winners can't be any worse than Meath were again the Dubs last year :D

Qwerty28

Very low key build up on here with less than 48 hours to go!!

Will travel more in tradition than hope, bigger picture is that a win for either side is just a ticket to a probable roasting the next day unfortunately  >:(

Thewildcat

offaly go for the same 15 that done the job in the league final.

Jinxy

If you were any use you'd be playing.

seafoid

What sort of record do Offaly have against Longford ?

Blowitupref

Quote from: seafoid on May 16, 2015, 05:34:35 PM
What sort of record do Offaly have against Longford ?
Not Bad but I think it's over 10 years since Offaly won Leinster championship match in Tullamore. Longford without some key players which includes their best scoring forward McCormack. Will be closer than the league final though it's a game Offaly should win again.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose