Hypocrisy in action.

Started by T Fearon, May 02, 2015, 07:34:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Agent Orange

Quote from: T Fearon on May 02, 2015, 07:34:01 PM
Attended Mass this evening in Banbridge at 6pm.Two political parties,both in favour of gay marriage,were canvassing mass goers (one on the steps up to the Church,the other at the Church Gates). >:(

Would it not be hypocritical for you to vote for either of these parties? I hope it wasn't one of those gay priests saying mass.

fearglasmor

Quote from: stew on May 04, 2015, 04:17:30 PM
Quote from: fearglasmor on May 04, 2015, 08:14:32 AM
Quote from: T Fearon on May 04, 2015, 06:45:54 AM
You can love thy neighbour without condoning his or her sinfulness.No problem with that,love the sinner but hate the sin.As I said before love thy neighbour doesn't imply condoning or approving their sinful actions and/or lifestyle.

Does that apply to Seamus Coleman but not Thiery Henry?
Both sinners in equal measure.
Well at least MOTD has more relevance than a set of 2000+ year old writings that have been retranslated and reinterpreted to suit a morally bankrupt patriarchal institution.

The Bible has remained intact with very few changes since it was first written in Greek so you are wrong fear.

That's interesting stew. When did the Greeks write it ? I assume you are saying I am wrong about the retranslations / interpretations rather than the relevance or the nature of the institutions of religion.

Sidney

Quote from: screenexile on May 04, 2015, 01:32:24 AM
How do you qualify the "love thy neighbour" part of the bible with the out lawing of gay marriage\baking of gay cakes you hypocritical mouthpiece??!!??!!?
I wonder how Tony would rationalise the following passages from the Bible? And there's a lot more from where these came from.

If a man is caught in the act of raping a young woman who is not engaged, he must pay fifty pieces of silver to her father.  Then he must marry the young woman because he violated her, and he will never be allowed to divorce her.

----

Thus says the Lord: 'I will bring evil upon you out of your own house.  I will take your wives [plural] while you live to see it, and will give them to your neighbor.  He shall lie with your wives in broad daylight.  You have done this deed in secret, but I will bring it about in the presence of all Israel, and with the sun looking down.'

Then David said to Nathan, "I have sinned against the Lord."  Nathan answered David: "The Lord on his part has forgiven your sin: you shall not die.  But since you have utterly spurned the Lord by this deed, the child born to you must surely die."

---

If within the city a man comes upon a maiden who is betrothed, and has relations with her, you shall bring them both out of the gate of the city and there stone them to death: the girl because she did not cry out for help though she was in the city, and the man because he violated his neighbors wife.

Applesisapples

Quote from: T Fearon on May 03, 2015, 07:05:31 AM
My point is the hypocrisy of parties canvassing Catholics on their way in to Mass when the same parties oppose core tenets of Catholic teaching
Tony, many of those going to mass will already be practicing an al a carte approach to such tenets of Catholic Teaching as sex before marriage, birth control, confession etc. Why is it hypocritical to be canvassing them on equal rights for Gay people?

Maguire01

Quote from: Applesisapples on May 05, 2015, 12:34:39 PM
Quote from: T Fearon on May 03, 2015, 07:05:31 AM
My point is the hypocrisy of parties canvassing Catholics on their way in to Mass when the same parties oppose core tenets of Catholic teaching
Tony, many of those going to mass will already be practicing an al a carte approach to such tenets of Catholic Teaching as sex before marriage, birth control, confession etc. Why is it hypocritical to be canvassing them on equal rights for Gay people?
He's under some delusion that everyone sitting around him is following the bible to the letter. No one sitting beside him has ever used a condom, or had sex outside marriage etc. And there's definitely no one intending to vote Yes in the referendum.

T Fearon

I have already pointed out the folly of a la carte Catholicism,the practitioners of which are only fooling themselves.Catholic catechism makes it explicitly simple what needs to be done in its entirety and consistently.

theskull1

You should weed them out Tony. Don't be shirking from your responsibilities as a member of the one true faith. Only a hypocrite would stay silent
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

T Fearon

Unlike others on this thread,I don't pretend to know who they are

theskull1

Quote from: T Fearon on May 05, 2015, 06:18:02 PM
Unlike others on this thread,I don't pretend to know who they are

Ahh the whole tried and tested head in the sand approach. Is that technique explained fully in the Catechism?

outinfront

Captain Catholic here to save the day!

theskull1

T Fearon

Who knows what anyone really thinks or practices their faith?

theskull1

Paisley did a sermon years ago asking his congregation to "Consider Thy Ways" making it plainly clear what the roles and responsibilities of being a member of 'his' one true faith was. Ever thought of going a bit more hardline? You sound like you'd like it more that way. We all know most mass goers just follow tradition not conviction.

muppet

Quote from: T Fearon on May 05, 2015, 05:56:42 PM
I have already pointed out the folly of a la carte Catholicism,the practitioners of which are only fooling themselves.Catholic catechism makes it explicitly simple what needs to be done in its entirety and consistently.

Like ignoring Jesus' referring to the Old Testament as 'The Word of God'?

MWWSI 2017

T Fearon

It is up to each individual to examine their conscience and decide (or conclude) that it is not possible to pick and choose,but to follow faithfully at all times the core beliefs.