The US policing crisis thread

Started by Eamonnca1, April 28, 2015, 07:10:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

J70

Quote from: foxcommander on August 29, 2016, 06:55:53 PM
Quote from: screenexile on August 29, 2016, 05:27:44 PM
Quote from: foxcommander on August 29, 2016, 03:44:48 PM
Nuns Lives Matter.

http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/national-international/Man-Arrested-Charged-With-Capital-Murder-in-Slaying-of-2-Mississippi-Nuns-391479251.html

Again you just post more incidents of crime with no real point!

Always black crime as well... An interesting pattern!

Appalling that 2 people dedicated to helping others are brutally murdered. Trust you to bring race into it. Go on, make an excuse that he was from a broken home etc if it makes you feel better..

No point? I don't think so. You wouldn't be long squealing if the nuns had murdered this outstanding citizen.

Right, because "nuns lives matter" has no racial connotations to it. Neither does posting it in the thread about police treatment of black people. ::)

And who, outside of figments of your imagination,  is making excuses for this lowlife you fuckin numpty!

J70

Quote from: Gmac on August 29, 2016, 08:29:10 PM
See Colin  kapernick is refusing to stand for national anthem before football games as a protest for perceived police brutality and unfair treatment of black people , he's very close to being cut by 49ers for bad performances and has a big salary wonder will he blame raciism when's hes dumped,

And when he doesn't blame racism, what will you have to say?

Gmac

Quote from: J70 on August 30, 2016, 02:27:00 AM
See Colin  kapernick is refusing to stand for national anthem before football games as a protest for perceived police brutality and unfair treatment of black people , he's very close to being cut by 49ers for bad performances and has a big salary wonder will he blame raciism when's hes dumped,

i
Good riddance he's been shit for 2 years , football stadiums are not the place to make political statements 90%'of people in there are tanked and looking for any excuse to fight he doesn't need to be turning people on each other which will happen when he sits during the anthem , if he wants to make a statement make it away from football.

gallsman

What about the millions watching on TV?

Gmac

Quote from: gallsman on August 30, 2016, 04:43:11 AM
are they tuning in to see him sit on the bench ?

gallsman

Quote from: Gmac on August 30, 2016, 04:50:42 AM

You seem to be struggling to formulate whatever it is you're complaining about. First you're outraged that he would make a protest, but why would you care if nobody will see it because he's on the bench?

How were you aware of it in the first place? I mean, obviously nobody paid any attention to it. You know, because he sits on the bench.

J70

Quote from: Gmac on August 30, 2016, 03:34:35 AM
Quote from: J70 on August 30, 2016, 02:27:00 AM

i
Good riddance he's been shit for 2 years , football stadiums are not the place to make political statements 90%'of people in there are tanked and looking for any excuse to fight he doesn't need to be turning people on each other which will happen when he sits during the anthem , if he wants to make a statement make it away from football.

But the NFL itself has gone all in for the political/patriotic/military bullshit, all in a cynical ratings/PR ploy. Whether or not you agree with Kapernick and/or the form of protest he has adopted, you have to admit that he has got a lot of balls to be using the anthem in the very drunk, hyper-jingoistic atmosphere that exists at these matches. And if some drunken, macho gobshite gets "offended" and decides to assault someone else, that's his own problem, not Kapernick's. Just like it would be if said drunken idiot was an anti war person who started throwing fists because he got offended by the latest fighter jet flyover of the stadium. The NFL are NOT presenting a politics-free form of entertainment.

AZOffaly

And to make the faux patriotism worse, they were actually charging the US military for all those gestures.

J70

Quote from: AZOffaly on August 30, 2016, 10:23:47 AM
And to make the faux patriotism worse, they were actually charging the US military for all those gestures.

The two Arizona senators created a stink last year and Goodell was talking about returning the money. I wonder if they ever did?

Gmac

Quote from: gallsman on August 30, 2016, 06:40:06 AM

You seem to be struggling to formulate whatever it is you're complaining about. First you're outraged that he would make a protest, but why would you care if nobody will see it because he's on the bench?

How were you aware of it in the first place? I mean, obviously nobody paid any attention to it. You know, because he sits on the bench.
When did I say I was outraged by his protest?
This is the same guy who tweeted storms a coming last year when thousands of people were displaced and many killed in Houston floods mostly black people .  like I said hopefully we won't have to look at him for much longer and he can concentrate on his humanitarian efforts full time.

J70

Quote from: Gmac on August 30, 2016, 01:02:05 PM
Quote from: gallsman on August 30, 2016, 06:40:06 AM

When did I say I was outraged by his protest?
This is the same guy who tweeted storms a coming last year when thousands of people were displaced and many killed in Houston floods mostly black people .  like I said hopefully we won't have to look at him for much longer and he can concentrate on his humanitarian efforts full time.

And for which he apologized straight away: ""I'm so sorry about my insensitive post earlier today. I didn't fully understand how many people are struggling in Houston right now and I feel horrible. My prayers are with everyone there"

He is not the first person to be an idiot on twitter (a forum perfectly designed for reactionary, ill-considered, poorly thought-out offerings), and won't be the last (Trump posts offensive nonsense every day and it doesn't appear to hurt him with the same people who are probably "upset" and "outraged" over Kaepernick).

screenexile

https://www.rt.com/usa/357570-muskogee-police-pepper-spray/

84 year old black lady pepper sprayed by police. . . The Police are equal for everybody in America though  ::) ::) ::)

Gmac

Off duty detective from Offaly attacked with a meat cleaver in nyc the suspect had been shot by a taser before this but it didn't take him down .