Kildare Recruitment Drive

Started by Itchy, April 22, 2015, 07:19:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Itchy

After a severe dose of Karma in Div 2 this year and the news that 2 players have opted out of the panel I ask is the time now right for Kildare to embark on another recruitment drive?

There's a few lads in Tyrone looking for a game for example.

Syferus

Jaysus you're some man for trying to rub it in.

Gael85

Surprised they never went after Jack O'Connor sons. Both playing with Moorefield

twohands!!!

Quote from: Gael85 on April 22, 2015, 08:44:28 PM
Surprised they never went after Jack O'Connor sons. Both playing with Moorefield

I think one of them was invited in for trials at one stage but wasn't interested.

In related news their old club in Kerry got beaten by something like 6-20 to 0-3 by Dr Crokes at the weekend.

Itchy

Sphillis- I am only trying to help. Poor Kildare have only 210,000 to pick from which means a massive 6 counties have more population than them (even including Antrim). We are all Gaels and seems obvious to me Kildare need to get out and recruit. It might be helpful if we made three lists for them. List 1 could be players not on their own counties panel that could move with the promise of glory. List 2 would be players still playing with their own county that could be agitated to leave their own county. For example if a rumour was spread that Mickey Harte kicked Sean Cavanaghs pet poodle up the hole, Sean might be more open to a move. The 3rd list would be any hurlers interested in playing football. Let's do it for Kildare.

rodney trotter

They could recruit Sean Hurley and Paddy Brophy back from the Afl,

Sad that you are still going on about the Johnston transfer.

illdecide

I'm not being funny but you guys had a good manager in place and he had the team playing well but your clubs voted to send him packing...look at the way your team have went form he moved on...
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

highorlow

Howl on for this talk until the Cavan v Kildare qualifier game later in the year?
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

Itchy

Quote from: rodney trotter on April 22, 2015, 10:38:14 PM
They could recruit Sean Hurley and Paddy Brophy back from the Afl,

Sad that you are still going on about the Johnston transfer.

Sure no one mentioned him only yourself Rodders. Its new talent Kildare need now.

Ohtoohtobe

Any more good Gallaghers in Fermanagh? Or do Cavan still have first call on them?

LilySavage

Shame that despite 4 Ulster u21s, Cavan produced no star forward who could warm our bench..

Itchy

No im afraid the well has run dry in Cavan. I suggest Kildare recruit of your close neighbours in Meath and Dublin. You would save on mileage, that would be one advantage. There has to be fellas in them counties that would be desperate enough to play county football and would even move to Kildare.

ck

Quote from: LilySavage on April 23, 2015, 08:51:42 AM
Shame that despite 4 Ulster u21s, Cavan produced no star forward who could warm our bench..

They may have won a few U.21 titles but they won them by everyone playing in defence. Not great for long term development of players

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: ck on April 23, 2015, 12:04:55 PM
Quote from: LilySavage on April 23, 2015, 08:51:42 AM

They may have won a few U.21 titles but they won them by everyone playing in defence. Not great for long term development of players

This is in the wrong thread,  it should be in the State of Gaelic Football!!  Listen Kildare will be back up, a wee run in Division 3 will help them build up momentum. 

Ohtoohtobe

Talk now is that Tomas O'Connor might play with Offaly. If so, will Kildare fans be creating threads in three years time about a player we didn't really want switching counties? Will we f***.