Donegal v Tyrone Sun 17 May

Started by tyroneman, April 18, 2015, 07:57:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

omaghjoe

Quote from: Walter Cronc on May 22, 2015, 04:33:12 PM
Omagh Joe sure your club were at it constantly in the Ulster club final.
My club have never been in an Ulster club final ;)

JoG2

Quote from: DermyTDredi on May 22, 2015, 04:32:16 PM
Quote from: omaghjoe on May 22, 2015, 04:27:50 PM
Quote from: JoG2 on May 22, 2015, 04:23:04 PM
Quote from: omaghjoe on May 22, 2015, 04:16:44 PM
Quote from: JoG2 on May 22, 2015, 02:34:43 PM
Quote from: DermyTDredi on May 22, 2015, 12:32:46 PM
Quote from: INDIANA on May 22, 2015, 10:44:12 AM
Quote from: DermyTDredi on May 22, 2015, 10:14:00 AM
Quote from: blewuporstuffed on May 22, 2015, 09:47:23 AM
Quote from: INDIANA on May 22, 2015, 09:43:15 AM
Quote from: DermyTDredi on May 22, 2015, 09:13:10 AM
Quote from: INDIANA on May 22, 2015, 09:05:35 AM
Quote from: DermyTDredi on May 22, 2015, 08:31:34 AM
Lads - take a run through the posts and do a count on the number of times you read "If this is true..."

work out the rest from there

Take a look through the posts and shake your head in shame at your posts above .

You guys run around on the moral high ground until your noses bleed but I hate to disappoint you on this:
- we don't coach this shit in Tyrone
- we don't condone it in Tyrone
- every sport is at their worst
- every county is at their worst

Shake my head in shame at what? at the fact that you are the only perfect GAA fan on this site? That Tyrone are the ONLY county?

FOR f**k SAKE GROW UP - i have yet to see a Tyrone or Ulster GAA Fan celebrate the news headlines this last few days, but if you are telling me that I should believe everything that i read in a newspaper or what i hear on the radio, then I'm not prepared to debate f**k all with someone like you

Minors , u21s and seniors and lower. But it's not organised. My arse it isn't. Now it's systemic in the game especially in Ulster . What's next . How much lower can the game sink
Indianna, how exactly do you think this is 'organised'?
You think we run 'mouthing' sessions up in garvaghy.or therea re courses on sledgeing and opponent?
Serious question,do you really think that is is actually coached?????   :-\

The lad evidently hasn't a clue...its coached at home first, then mass, in the young-fianna, on manoeuvres, THEN primary school, grammar and then the new academy set up

It is systemically engrained in Tyrones football culture. The problem as we saw last Sunday is that it has spread to the rest of Ulster and probably beyond. A low point for the game.

Systematically engrained...can you go about deeper into this, without repeating Joe Brolly? Explain what that might actually look like...ion real life?

Trust me - you really shouldn't believe everything you read in the papers

I wouldn't agree with all of what Indiana says, disagree with a lot actually, and indeed will have a wee smile when Dublin are put to the sword in this years championship, but he is correct when he says "It is systemically ingrained in Tyrone's football culture", has been all through the Harte regime.

Despite the fact that all the evidence points to the contary

what are you blathering about? The evidence I use is my own set of eyeballs

Tell us more about these systems that you have seen that ingrain it into Tyrone football culture.
Have you seen spreadsheets and flowcharts of these systems?

Joe i wouldn't even humour this lad....

very good. Very few have talked as much clap as yourself on this subject

omaghjoe

Quote from: JoG2 on May 22, 2015, 05:25:59 PM
Lads - take a run through the posts and do a count on the number of times you read "If this is true..."

Take a look through the posts and shake your head in shame at your posts above .

You guys run around on the moral high ground until your noses bleed but I hate to disappoint you on this:

Shake my head in shame at what? at the fact that you are the only perfect GAA fan on this site? That Tyrone are the ONLY county?

FOR f**k SAKE GROW UP - i have yet to see a Tyrone or Ulster GAA Fan celebrate the news headlines this last few days, but if you are telling me that I should believe everything that i read in a newspaper or what i hear on the radio, then I'm not prepared to debate f**k all with someone like you

Minors , u21s and seniors and lower. But it's not organised. My arse it isn't. Now it's systemic in the game especially in Ulster . What's next . How much lower can the game sink
You think we run 'mouthing' sessions up in garvaghy.or therea re courses on sledgeing and opponent?

The lad evidently hasn't a clue...its coached at home first, then mass, in the young-fianna, on manoeuvres, THEN primary school, grammar and then the new academy set up

It is systemically engrained in Tyrones football culture. The problem as we saw last Sunday is that it has spread to the rest of Ulster and probably beyond. A low point for the game.

Systematically engrained...can you go about deeper into this, without repeating Joe Brolly? Explain what that might actually look like...ion real life?

I wouldn't agree with all of what Indiana says, disagree with a lot actually, and indeed will have a wee smile when Dublin are put to the sword in this years championship, but he is correct when he says "It is systemically ingrained in Tyrone's football culture", has been all through the Harte regime.

Tell us more about these systems that you have seen that ingrain it into Tyrone football culture.

Me or Dermy?

Anyway back to this evidence you have seen...

tippabu

Quote from: omaghjoe on May 22, 2015, 05:38:08 PM

Me or Dermy?

Serious amount of quoting going on here

LeoMc

Quote from: tippabu on May 22, 2015, 07:23:56 PM

Me or Dermy?

Serious amount of quoting going on here
You are right about that.

JoG2

Me or Dermy?

dermy, but you've just added yourself.  You talk about evidence?  Ask any man outside of your county who leads the charge on sledging and you'll always get the same answer. But if youse want to continue arguing that the earth is flat, knock yourselves out

omaghjoe

Quote from: JoG2 on May 22, 2015, 10:00:05 PM

Me or Dermy?

dermy, but you've just added yourself.  You talk about evidence?  Ask any man outside of your county who leads the charge on sledging and you'll always get the same answer. But if youse want to continue arguing that the earth is flat, knock yourselves out

The earth has fairly conclusively proved to be round supported by evidence

If you went around the world in 1500 asking people that if the earth was flat they would have said flat.

Just because people say it is the case does not make it so.

Now back to the point you said you had seen evidence of systemically ingrained in Tyrone's football culture. I am interested in how this done, you have said you have seen evidence of how it its done? What exactly have you seen? I promise I will take you at your word but you have to tell me what you've seen

BennyHarp

I just hope a man in a position like Declan Bonner absolutely got his facts right before filling up space in his newspaper column. If he hasn't and has hung a 17 year old out to dry in public then I hope he is dealt with in the strongest possible way.

From the Irish Independent.....

The Tyrone County Board has refuted 'in the strongest possible terms" that any of their players were involved in an alleged sledging incident during a minor game with Donegal last weekend.

The statement comes after Donegal manager Declan Bonner told The Donegal News that one of his players, Micheal Carroll (17) was taunted by two opposition players in relation to his father's death from cancer.
The accusation prompted outrage in GAA circles but the claims have been completely denied.
But in a statement, Tyrone GAA said: "Due to persistent allegations circulating in the media, some of which have been attributed to the Donegal Minor football manager, regarding verbal abuse during the Tyrone v Donegal Ulster Minor Football Championship match, Coiste Contae Thir Eoghain has conducted an investigation, involving its management and players.
"As a result of the investigation undertaken it would refute in the strongest possible terms that a comment was made by any of its players to a Donegal player regarding the death of his father in 2014. Tyrone GAA in no way condone 'sledging' and the managers and coaches of all our county teams, from Acadamh Thir Eoghain to Senior, actively discourage this practice.
"Tyrone GAA congratulates both Donegal teams on their victories on Sunday in Ballybofey, wishing them well in the remainder of their 2015 campaigns and would express our deepest sympathies to the player on his loss."
That was never a square ball!!

Darby

In Kerry a few years back, one of their minors viciously assaulted two people in two separate incidents on the same night out. The county board and the management defended this player to a hilt. He ended up having to pay a massive sum to the two men in question. County boards will always defend their own. They are not to be trusted in any county.

screenexile

Quote from: omaghjoe on May 22, 2015, 10:35:19 PM

Me or Dermy?

If you went around the world in 1500 asking people that if the earth was flat they would have said flat.

Now back to the point you said you had seen evidence of systemically ingrained in Tyrone's football culture. I am interested in how this done, you have said you have seen evidence of how it its done? What exactly have you seen? I promise I will take you at your word but you have to tell me what you've seen

I would have thought that witnessing 3 separate teams wearing Tyrone jerseys consistently sledge their direct opponents in the last 3 weeks that it was fairly self evident for all to see that there is a consistency to this type of behaviour in that particular county!!

Gabriel_Hurl

Jaysus Loopy 1995 was 20 years ago. Let it go already. Holding a grudge that long can't be good for you.

J70

Me or Dermy?

Speaking of evidence, you were referring earlier to "concrete evidence" that it is coached in Donegal...?

omaghjoe

Quote from: J70 on May 23, 2015, 01:18:51 AM

Me or Dermy?

Speaking of evidence, you were referring earlier to "concrete evidence" that it is coached in Donegal...?

Kevin Cassidy's book its all in there

omaghjoe

Quote from: screenexile on May 23, 2015, 12:38:25 AM
Quote from: omaghjoe on May 22, 2015, 10:35:19 PM

Me or Dermy?

I would have thought that witnessing 3 separate teams wearing Tyrone jerseys consistently sledge their direct opponents in the last 3 weeks that it was fairly self evident for all to see that there is a consistency to this type of behaviour in that particular county!!

So consistency in behaviour you could maybe argue however what you said was "systemically ingrained in Tyrone's football culture."

So do you have any evidence for this system which ingrains it in Tyrone's football culture?

Or

Did the nice sounding turn of phrase coupled with your hatred of Tyrone entice you into agreeing to something that you hadn't really thought about what it actually meant?

J70

Quote from: omaghjoe on May 23, 2015, 03:18:06 AM
Quote from: J70 on May 23, 2015, 01:18:51 AM

Me or Dermy?

Kevin Cassidy's book its all in there

Nothing in there about coaching it. At worst you could say McGuinness gave it tacit approval, like many other managers. According to the book, McGuinness was approached about it, and went away and came up with the wrist band stuff.

That and getting the team to say "not today" when Tyrone started with THEIR talking in that 2011 fame.

Of course, the GAA should address it so that managers CAN'T give it tacit approval.