Donegal v Tyrone Sun 17 May

Started by tyroneman, April 18, 2015, 07:57:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Trap

This IS a problem in Tyrone and if you want further proof go to some of the club championship games over the next two weeks. Hopefully the club referees have had a meeting and made a united decision to apply the rules fully and punish ALL incidents appropriately using yellow, red and black cards.
I saw some footage of the recent Ardboe v Omagh league game and heard a lot of reports and I have to say it is hard to believe that there was not one red card produced.
The rules are there to protect players from physical and mental abuse if referees would only enforce them.
As well as referees the onus is on club officials and club management to ensure that their players wear the jersey respectfully and uphold the reputation of their club.
We can then have fantastic games of tough football.

LeoMc

Quote from: INDIANA on May 22, 2015, 10:44:12 AM

It is systemically engrained in Tyrones football culture. The problem as we saw last Sunday is that it has spread to the rest of Ulster and probably beyond. A low point for the game.

And there you go again, Tyrone started it and infected the rest. FFS. Sledging / verbals have been going on for years in all Counties. Sunday was not even a new low, I have heard of similar references to dead relatives in club matches in other counties going back to early 90's.

DermyTDredi

Quote from: DermyTDredi on May 22, 2015, 10:14:00 AM
Quote from: blewuporstuffed on May 22, 2015, 09:47:23 AM
Quote from: INDIANA on May 22, 2015, 09:43:15 AM
Quote from: DermyTDredi on May 22, 2015, 09:13:10 AM
Quote from: INDIANA on May 22, 2015, 09:05:35 AM
Quote from: DermyTDredi on May 22, 2015, 08:31:34 AM
Lads - take a run through the posts and do a count on the number of times you read "If this is true..."

work out the rest from there

Take a look through the posts and shake your head in shame at your posts above .

You guys run around on the moral high ground until your noses bleed but I hate to disappoint you on this:
- we don't coach this shit in Tyrone
- we don't condone it in Tyrone
- every sport is at their worst
- every county is at their worst

Shake my head in shame at what? at the fact that you are the only perfect GAA fan on this site? That Tyrone are the ONLY county?

FOR f**k SAKE GROW UP - i have yet to see a Tyrone or Ulster GAA Fan celebrate the news headlines this last few days, but if you are telling me that I should believe everything that i read in a newspaper or what i hear on the radio, then I'm not prepared to debate f**k all with someone like you

Minors , u21s and seniors and lower. But it's not organised. My arse it isn't. Now it's systemic in the game especially in Ulster . What's next . How much lower can the game sink
Indianna, how exactly do you think this is 'organised'?
You think we run 'mouthing' sessions up in garvaghy.or therea re courses on sledgeing and opponent?
Serious question,do you really think that is is actually coached?????   :-\

The lad evidently hasn't a clue...its coached at home first, then mass, in the young-fianna, on manoeuvres, THEN primary school, grammar and then the new academy set up

It is systemically engrained in Tyrones football culture. The problem as we saw last Sunday is that it has spread to the rest of Ulster and probably beyond. A low point for the game.

Systematically engrained...can you go about deeper into this, without repeating Joe Brolly? Explain what that might actually look like...ion real life?

Trust me - you really shouldn't believe everything you read in the papers

rrhf

Quote from: LeoMc on May 22, 2015, 11:54:08 AM

Bad mouthing a player or sledging is bad.  Bad mouthing or sledging a county is worse.

And there you go again, Tyrone started it and infected the rest. FFS. Sledging / verbals have been going on for years in all Counties. Sunday was not even a new low, I have heard of similar references to dead relatives in club matches in other counties going back to early 90's.

yellowcard

Much in the same way as the English premiership commentary agenda is set by Sky, the GAA championship commentary is increasingly being set by RTE. Its becoming a bit of a soap opera every year where events other than the football are more talked about. Cynicism, refereeing, blanket defences, schmozzles, basically anything that gives the pundits an opportunity to express their outrage. Paid pundits sitting in RTE armchairs (a lot of whom are hypocrites if their own playing careers are anything to go by) forensically picking out controversial incidents so as to grab the headlines and feed the media hacks their newspaper inches for days on end. Its a bullshit world but its their way of justifying their own occupation as sports commentators/journalists. The players are mere pawns in this frenzy crreated by a media who are hungry for the next 'outrageous' incident.     

AZOffaly

yellowcard, undoubtedly the RTE luders have generated campaigns in the past, 'puke football' was the prime example, but this is a bit more than that. We have current and former players, and people involved in teams, complaining about what is going on and saying it has to stop.  Don't throw the message away because some of the messangers are knobs.

http://www.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-games/gaelic-football/peter-canavan-i-never-witnessed-the-sledging-like-last-week-referees-have-a-responsibility-to-intervene-31244417.html

JoG2

Quote from: DermyTDredi on May 22, 2015, 12:32:46 PM
Lads - take a run through the posts and do a count on the number of times you read "If this is true..."

Take a look through the posts and shake your head in shame at your posts above .

You guys run around on the moral high ground until your noses bleed but I hate to disappoint you on this:

Shake my head in shame at what? at the fact that you are the only perfect GAA fan on this site? That Tyrone are the ONLY county?

FOR f**k SAKE GROW UP - i have yet to see a Tyrone or Ulster GAA Fan celebrate the news headlines this last few days, but if you are telling me that I should believe everything that i read in a newspaper or what i hear on the radio, then I'm not prepared to debate f**k all with someone like you

Minors , u21s and seniors and lower. But it's not organised. My arse it isn't. Now it's systemic in the game especially in Ulster . What's next . How much lower can the game sink
You think we run 'mouthing' sessions up in garvaghy.or therea re courses on sledgeing and opponent?

The lad evidently hasn't a clue...its coached at home first, then mass, in the young-fianna, on manoeuvres, THEN primary school, grammar and then the new academy set up

Systematically engrained...can you go about deeper into this, without repeating Joe Brolly? Explain what that might actually look like...ion real life?

I wouldn't agree with all of what Indiana says, disagree with a lot actually, and indeed will have a wee smile when Dublin are put to the sword in this years championship, but he is correct when he says "It is systemically ingrained in Tyrone's football culture", has been all through the Harte regime.

tyroneboi

Interesting . . .

"Teamtalk has this afternoon learned that the sledging allegations that have been made by Donegal minor football manager Declan Bonner are not believed to be true.  In an article in the Irish Star the Donegal man has slammed a Tyrone player for mocking Michael Carroll about the death of his father Francie.

Teamtalk has this afternoon been told by one prominent Donegal official that this is "definitely not the case".  Our source went on to say that "the situation has gotten way out of control.  It has been fuelled by both radio and newspaper coverage but our investigation suggests that the claim has no foundation".

The Tyrone player at the centre of the allegation has received a large number of threatening messages via social media and his club has informed Teamtalk that they are seeking a meeting with the Tyrone County Board to address the issue with Donegal immediately.

Declan Bonner is a man under pressure to deliver an All Ireland Minor title to Donegal this season and it will be interesting to see how responds to this latest development."

omaghjoe

Quote from: JoG2 on May 22, 2015, 02:34:43 PM

I wouldn't agree with all of what Indiana says, disagree with a lot actually, and indeed will have a wee smile when Dublin are put to the sword in this years championship, but he is correct when he says "It is systemically ingrained in Tyrone's football culture", has been all through the Harte regime.

Despite the fact that all the evidence points to the contary

JoG2

Quote from: omaghjoe on May 22, 2015, 04:16:44 PM

what are you blathering about? The evidence I use is my own set of eyeballs

DermyTDredi

Quote from: JoG2 on May 22, 2015, 04:23:04 PM

I have eyeballs? Thats not proof of anything other than you can see....doesnt mean that you actually understand what it is you are looking at

omaghjoe

Tell us more about these systems that you have seen that ingrain it into Tyrone football culture.
Have you seen spreadsheets and flowcharts of these systems?

DermyTDredi

Quote from: omaghjoe on May 22, 2015, 04:27:50 PM

Tell us more about these systems that you have seen that ingrain it into Tyrone football culture.
Have you seen spreadsheets and flowcharts of these systems?

Joe i wouldn't even humour this lad....

Walter Cronc

Omagh Joe sure your club were at it constantly in the Ulster club final.

DermyTDredi

Quote from: Walter Cronc on May 22, 2015, 04:33:12 PM
Omagh Joe sure your club were at it constantly in the Ulster club final.

Was at an Eoghan Rua and Kilrea game in the championship a few years ago - and there was absolutely no sledging at all. By ANY of the McGoldricks. At all