Donegal v Tyrone Sun 17 May

Started by tyroneman, April 18, 2015, 07:57:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Whishtup

Quote from: BennyHarp on May 18, 2015, 11:14:15 PM
Quote from: Whishtup on May 18, 2015, 10:44:45 PM
Saw a clip of a tasty brawl today in the Nenagh v Toomevara North Tipp Hurling championship-players, fans, even kids involved.  Couldn't believe it-a melee, in Tipperary, in the Republic, in hurling!  Surely not?!?!!  Cue 'It's all Tyrone's fault...'

Yep, the legacy of the u21 final

Update: Woman injured as player fired helmet into crowd.  Where would ye see it?

AZOffaly

Not sure of the relevance. Because there was a row in a tipp hurling match that excuses the abuse that goes on in inter county football?

Wildweasel74

Ah, could be worse, Paul Donnelly could be running round throwing boots into the crowd!!

tyroneman

Quote from: Jinxy on May 19, 2015, 11:55:01 AM
Other than Dublin a few years back, I can't think of any southern teams that engage in blatant sledging.
It's more of an Ulster thing.

You should read Paul Galvins book so.....even Limerick were at it

BennyHarp

Quote from: giveballaghback on May 19, 2015, 01:57:22 PM
This a noedie thing and the blame lies fairly at yere door for the current state of our game. On all teams over the decades there have been dirty players and mouthpieces, when it was one or two on a team refs could deal with it, but now is has become a culture, it is undoubtedly being encouraged and coached by team management among the northern counties, that is plain to see from the actions on the field.
There were 4 other championship matches last weekend, has there been one  issue from any of the other games, these were all matches with intense rivalry, Longford-Offaly is a long running saga but they showed respect for one another played football to the best of their ability and won or took their defeat in a manly manner, maybe the nordies could follow suit or are their games bigger and more important so thuggery etc is justified. Your actions on the field reflect your society, yes I said at the outset that every county has their hard men or mouthpieces but in most counties it is the exception rather than the rule, but when your county encourages thuggery and makes excuses after well.......

You're some craic. Giving out about Tyrone players being mouthpieces and yet nearly every one of your posts are full of vitriolic bile. I wonder do your posts reflect your society and upbringing.
That was never a square ball!!

BennyHarp

Quote from: Footie_mad on May 19, 2015, 10:01:48 AM
I am actually embarrassed by Sean. After the game Murphy was interviewed about what went on and dismissed it saying it was nothing. It is not the first time our captain has ran to the papers - Mickey Harte should put a ban on him talking. The reason why I am embarrassed as that on Sunday after Murphy took a freekick Cavanagh ran up to him and started clapping in his face which is why Murphy ran at him - double standards here Mr Cavanagh. Please say other Tyrone supports feel the same and make sure that people know this isn't the views of us.
I though Sunday's game was excellent, a real Championship match! It wasn't the lack-lustre low scoring match must people predicted.

To be fair, Sean didn't go running to the papers about this. He was attending a press event launch of the SuperValu Kits for Kids and naturally was asked about the game and he gave a fairly reasonable answer and was in no way pointing fingers or whinging. His interview on Newstalk was in a similar vein.
That was never a square ball!!

Jinxy

Quote from: longballin on May 19, 2015, 02:52:04 PM
is that Billy Sheehan boy still playing?.. total mouth..

That's true in fairness.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Rodman

Quote from: giveballaghback on May 19, 2015, 01:57:22 PM
This a noedie thing and the blame lies fairly at yere door for the current state of our game. On all teams over the decades there have been dirty players and mouthpieces, when it was one or two on a team refs could deal with it, but now is has become a culture, it is undoubtedly being encouraged and coached by team management among the northern counties, that is plain to see from the actions on the field.
There were 4 other championship matches last weekend, has there been one  issue from any of the other games, these were all matches with intense rivalry, Longford-Offaly is a long running saga but they showed respect for one another played football to the best of their ability and won or took their defeat in a manly manner, maybe the nordies could follow suit or are their games bigger and more important so thuggery etc is justified. Your actions on the field reflect your society, yes I said at the outset that every county has their hard men or mouthpieces but in most counties it is the exception rather than the rule, but when your county encourages thuggery and makes excuses after well.......

You really do talk nonsense. So Mickey Hartes training sessions consist of him teaching how to sledge people?. Catch yourself on.   Every team at every level in every county gets involved in verbals now and again. All teams have their mouth pieces. Maybe Northern teams do it more, maybe not, who knows for sure. What we do know for sure is that you haven't a clue and obviously haven't played the game much.

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Jinxy

Quote from: Keyser soze on May 19, 2015, 03:18:59 PM
Quote from: Jinxy on May 19, 2015, 11:55:01 AM
Other than Dublin a few years back, I can't think of any southern teams that engage in blatant sledging.
It's more of an Ulster thing.

Well Meath were at it in the 90's, calling people orange bastids and the like, so there's one for you.

Calling who orange bastards?
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: BennyHarp on May 19, 2015, 09:58:58 PM
I am actually embarrassed by Sean. After the game Murphy was interviewed about what went on and dismissed it saying it was nothing. It is not the first time our captain has ran to the papers - Mickey Harte should put a ban on him talking. The reason why I am embarrassed as that on Sunday after Murphy took a freekick Cavanagh ran up to him and started clapping in his face which is why Murphy ran at him - double standards here Mr Cavanagh. Please say other Tyrone supports feel the same and make sure that people know this isn't the views of us.
I though Sunday's game was excellent, a real Championship match! It wasn't the lack-lustre low scoring match must people predicted.

To be fair, Sean didn't go running to the papers about this. He was attending a press event launch of the SuperValu Kits for Kids and naturally was asked about the game and he gave a fairly reasonable answer and was in no way pointing fingers or whinging. His interview on Newstalk was in a similar vein.
Ach come off it. It probably was supposed to be even-handed but he was going out of his way to make sure that, through repeated allusions to McCarron, he was primarily laying the bulk of the blame at the door of Donegal. He could try leading by example for starters.

trueblue1234

Quote from: Tony Baloney on May 19, 2015, 11:30:27 PM

Ach come off it. It probably was supposed to be even-handed but he was going out of his way to make sure that, through repeated allusions to McCarron, he was primarily laying the bulk of the blame at the door of Donegal. He could try leading by example for starters.

Let's be honest, there's nothing Cavanagh could have said that you wouldn't have come on to whinge about Tony.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

Tony Baloney

Quote from: trueblue1234 on May 19, 2015, 11:44:48 PM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on May 19, 2015, 11:30:27 PM

Let's be honest, there's nothing Cavanagh could have said that you wouldn't have come on to whinge about Tony.
I would of course give him due credit if he didn't prevaricate.  ;)

Fear ón Srath Bán

Good job this one wasn't live on the box... then again it wasn't an Ulster fixture, so the usual observations wouldn't apply, no doubt.

Glancy slams Galway cynicism

Kevin Walsh's charges committed 42 fouls during the course of the game - more than Tyrone and Donegal combined! - and former Leitrim attacker Glancy was not impressed by their cynicism...
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Whishtup

Quote from: AZOffaly on May 19, 2015, 08:34:05 PM
Not sure of the relevance. Because there was a row in a tipp hurling match that excuses the abuse that goes on in inter county football?

Is that not part of the problem that we accept all manner of blackguarding at local level and then expect them to behave on the big stage?  Does it matter if it's hurling or football?  Does it matter what county it takes place in?

Your response displays the great conflict in reportage.  A pretty nasty field fight involving players and fans where a fan was hit on the head by a flying helmet thrown into the crowd can be called a 'row' and forgot about for evermore.  You could guarantee if that happened in Tyrone, there would be video footage, a 100+ page thread, Joe Duffy called and novenas said around the country.

It's all about perception and I think it was pitiful to see Ciaran Whelan target Justin McMahon for staying close to his man on Sunday when there was some great tough defending all over the field by both teams.  The Sunday Game were trying their best to throw a negative slant on what was an exciting, full-blooded contest.  You sit down to watch some sport and get bombarded by moany, whingy conversations about what's right and wrong-God we need a new Mícheál Ó Muircheartaigh fast! 

The result of this lazy, trashy reporting style is that you have poor unfortunate sods like 'Give Ballagh Back' who take it to heart and get lost in some kind of anti-Tyrone fantasy.

Fighting, sledging, cynicism happen all over the country in GAA, Rugby (even international) and soccer, always has done and anybody who disagrees is a fool.