Donegal v Tyrone Sun 17 May

Started by tyroneman, April 18, 2015, 07:57:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoG2

Quote from: INDIANA on May 18, 2015, 08:48:09 PM
Quote from: StGallsGAA on May 18, 2015, 08:38:47 PM
As a matter of interest Indiana have you ever played club football and if so for whom?   Or are you just like 98% of other Dublin fans?

St Vincents and I've played at the highest level of the game. I know a little bit about the game.

And Pat Spillane has a bag full of AI medals and all-stars...

tonto1888

INDIANA

Quote from: JoG2 on May 18, 2015, 08:58:12 PM
As a matter of interest Indiana have you ever played club football and if so for whom?   Or are you just like 98% of other Dublin fans?

St Vincents and I've played at the highest level of the game. I know a little bit about the game.

True but he's never trained teams for any lengthy period of time so he's a bit out of touch- however you have to respect to some degree a player with a medal haul like that

naka

Quote from: AZOffaly on May 18, 2015, 02:49:50 PM
redhanddefender? Is that not a bit of a contentious name?

he definitely wasn't living in the 6 counties during the 70s and 80s with that name

An Watcher

Really enjoyed yesterday's game and a very encouraging performance. The atmosphere in the ground took me back to the rivalry with armagh in the noughties. Plenty of banter. Now I know that Tyrones support might not be the most popular around the country but what about donegals? From women shrieking cmon Donegal to booing of the Tyrone team. Some fella behind me giving off about Tyrone not playing football as Donegal have every player in their own half! Again I know Tyrone fans are no angels but my god

giveballaghback

So the annual spitting sledging pulling and dragging cheating Ulster championship has started, we saw the curtain go up yesterday in the style we expected, a true ulster classic, but all is forgiven because their were several good scores and about five minutes of good football, but us freestaters dont understand the good people of ulster.
Why dont ye just go out and play football as everyone knows ye can, play whatever system ye want but leave out the thuggery and stop bringing the game we all love into disrepute. Show a bit of respect for our game and above all show some respect for one another and for yereselves.

An Watcher

Haha bringing the game into disrepute. What two Ulster teams were involved in that all Ireland in the 90s when there was a mass brawl?

Rossfan

I hope you were a leading player Ballagh as otherwise it seems you're not entitled to comment on this whole subject.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Orior

Quote from: yellowcard on May 17, 2015, 09:56:59 PM
Quote from: Orior on May 17, 2015, 09:48:43 PM
I'd forgotten how much I detested Tyrone until I saw Philip Jordan on the TV.

His newspaper articles are quite good but it's very hard to give him any credit as he will only ever be remembered for one incident.

Marsden was totally cleared. But Jordan never spoke to Diarmuid and never apologised. I guess that's the Tyrone way.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Whitnail

Quote from: giveballaghback on May 18, 2015, 10:05:50 PM
So the annual spitting sledging pulling and dragging cheating Ulster championship has started, we saw the curtain go up yesterday in the style we expected, a true ulster classic, but all is forgiven because their were several good scores and about five minutes of good football, but us freestaters dont understand the good people of ulster.
Why dont ye just go out and play football as everyone knows ye can, play whatever system ye want but leave out the thuggery and stop bringing the game we all love into disrepute. Show a bit of respect for our game and above all show some respect for one another and for yereselves.

Hmm , think you might have overcooked this just a bit , a bit too sanctimonious to take seriously tbf

world peace 'n'all that

omaghjoe

Quote from: INDIANA on May 18, 2015, 09:29:41 PM
Quote from: JoG2 on May 18, 2015, 08:58:12 PM

True but he's never trained teams for any lengthy period of time so he's a bit out of touch- however you have to respect to some degree a player with a medal haul like that

I'm impressed.. What year did you play Railway Cup?

Whishtup

Saw a clip of a tasty brawl today in the Nenagh v Toomevara North Tipp Hurling championship-players, fans, even kids involved.  Couldn't believe it-a melee, in Tipperary, in the Republic, in hurling!  Surely not?!?!!  Cue 'It's all Tyrone's fault...'

BennyHarp

Quote from: Whishtup on May 18, 2015, 10:44:45 PM
Saw a clip of a tasty brawl today in the Nenagh v Toomevara North Tipp Hurling championship-players, fans, even kids involved.  Couldn't believe it-a melee, in Tipperary, in the Republic, in hurling!  Surely not?!?!!  Cue 'It's all Tyrone's fault...'

Yep, the legacy of the u21 final
That was never a square ball!!

The Bearded One

Get the papers good and early in the morning guys, there should be some interesting comments in them!
It is what it is. Presumably.

twohands!!!

Quote from: The Bearded One on May 18, 2015, 11:22:16 PM
Get the papers good and early in the morning guys, there should be some interesting comments in them!

Quotehttps://pbs.twimg.com/media/CFUiWGZWgAA91Oe.jpg