Donegal v Tyrone Sun 17 May

Started by tyroneman, April 18, 2015, 07:57:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BennyHarp

Plenty of positives for Tyrone from that. Regroup and head around Ireland blooding new players along the way. Good hard proper game of football.

Edit: it was the refs fault
That was never a square ball!!

Wildweasel74

probably be a another 100page we could have won thread, don't know why that clonoe lad ain't in nets all the time, way better proper keeper than the other lad. Seriously though was there not talk of mouthing been a black card offence or that just mouthing at the ref, 10 men could go with all the slabbering. that game probably should seen 4 black card, a good tight game but you not seen that that shit the day go on down south.

Oraisteach

Dismal doldrums of a second half.  Murphy virtually invisible, except for the three times he wasn't.  Strangely found myself pulling for Tyrone.  Not exactly enthralled with the idea of meeting this Donegal outfit on June 14.  They did nothing remarkable, but their glacier power and persistence would wear anyone down. 

Puckoon

No excuses lads. Great to take it to the wire after the opening 10 minutes. Although it followed a predictable formula once Donegal got their noses in front. Martin Carney a pure ballox shouldn't be allowed near a microphone.

Peter Harte playing deeper in the second half lost some of the momentum but Donegal are a well drilled machine.

Few interesting decisions from McQuillan both ways but the deciding factor was Donegal
Are better right now.

INDIANA

Quote from: Newbridge Exile on May 17, 2015, 05:46:45 PM
Serious verbals whole way through,  McGee  brothers to the fore as usual,

I'd have to agree they were a disgrace today as was Mc Mahon Jnr for Tyrone

CD

Anyone with an issue with the intensity has obviously never seen an Ulster Championship game before. Some very sensitive soccer boys on this thread. Enjoyed the first half, second was a bit limp as Donegal drifted all 15 behind the ball and Tyrone just didn't have the players inside to get into space and win 50/50s. The Magees are the most effective lads at what they do in the country. The way Donegal break at speed and are clinical in taking their chances is unbelievable.

the big talking point for me is how poor the refereeing was throughout. I think Donegal got the worst of his dithering.
Who's a bit of a moaning Michael tonight!

The Aristocrat

Quote from: straightred on May 17, 2015, 05:42:00 PM
Quote from: The Aristocrat on May 17, 2015, 05:38:14 PM
Disgusting behaviour from both teams, no sportsmanship whatsoever, bad for the game.

if you're apportioning blame then its 80:20 against Donegal imo. Horrible team with their non stop yapping and running after the ref etc. They've a tough road in ulster ahead of them and please god someone catches them out

Come on, both of them at it. Watch it back.

larryin89

First half was actually decent then all hell breaks loose before they reach the tunnel and the verbal diaraeha starts for the whole second half. I'm not kiddin ya something very wrong with the attitude of some of the teams in Ulster . No need for it at all . I ask you a serious question , if Donegal didn't engage in the verbal stuff and the constant niggling would they have lost the game?
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

Put Up That Flag

Any day Tyrone lose is a great day, an absolute disgrace to gaelic football

From the Bunker

There will not be a better game in any of the other 3 Provinces this year! It may not what you necessarily want to see, but it is a sight better than the hidings you'll see in the other provinces!

Milltown Row2

Best team won on the day, Tyrone had chances to nick a draw or maybe win it but always felt Donegal had that bit of extra gear
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

INDIANA

Quote from: From the Bunker on May 17, 2015, 05:54:14 PM
There will not be a better game in any of the other 3 Provinces this year! It may not what you necessarily want to see, but it is a sight better than the hidings you'll see in the other provinces!

The second half was dreadful. There will be better games. When both teams want to play football they can. But when they make no effort like the second half it's like watching paint dry

larryin89

Quote from: From the Bunker on May 17, 2015, 05:54:14 PM

I really hope you're wrong or else we are looking at a poor championship , second half today was rubbish . Don't let high level of intensity from both the pitch and stands fool you into thinking it means there was quality football on display .

Cork v Kerry , Galway v Mayo will both be better quality games.
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

yellowcard

Colm 'manliness' O'Rourke looked totally pissed off with Brolly there.

brokencrossbar1

Very cynical second half by both teams. Think McQuillan got the sending offs right in that both should have gone but Cavanagh should have had a second yellow as opposed to a black card. The most annoying think about the whole thing is I reckon if both teams focused on football instead of this whole 'Ulster championship' mentality thing then they are actually two very talented teams. Too much testosterone involved this days, I wonder if teams are overdosing on whey protein or something like that?  Donegal to beat Armagh by 8 next time out