Donegal v Tyrone Sun 17 May

Started by tyroneman, April 18, 2015, 07:57:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

phpearse

What a great test for Tyrone! Probably everything going against them going into the game. A wet day with the grass not cut yet after winter. McQuillan referring and letting Donegal and Murphy away with everything. It's the place where men stand up and be counted. Handy playing football on a sunny day in Croke Park but these are the games where you test yourself. This will be brutal stuff but as long as Tyrone put it up to Donegal they won't be too far away at the end of the day. Take every chance they can get and hopefully the ref has a good game. Anything can happen. Donegal aren't that much better than Tyrone.

An Watcher

This game feels like the 80s and 90s when you didn't really know what sort of championship Tyrone would have. All-irelands seemed a million miles away but there was always hope and fight. Totally spoiled with the noughties but coming in with no real expectation reminds me of them earlier days. Yes Donegal will be tough but with some fight you never know how things could go. Up the red hands

Fuzzman

I've a feeling nobody wants to have a stab at naming Mickeys team. I suspect it will be similar to the last few league games with a half forward line made up of defenders. Where Mattie and Sean plays will be very important. McCurry needs to be shooting a lot more and not be so far down the pitch but then again he will struggle with the lack of space and time on the ball.
I thought Petey had a good league but again where do u play him or do positions really matter any more.

tiempo

Quote from: Fuzzman on May 13, 2015, 10:24:44 PM
I've a feeling nobody wants to have a stab at naming Mickeys team. I suspect it will be similar to the last few league games with a half forward line made up of defenders. Where Mattie and Sean plays will be very important. McCurry needs to be shooting a lot more and not be so far down the pitch but then again he will struggle with the lack of space and time on the ball.
I thought Petey had a good league but again where do u play him or do positions really matter any more.

Asking someone to do the impossible, name the team Mickey will pick, well here goes: (asterisk denotes nailed on starter in that position)

1.Morgan*
2.McCrory*
3.McNamee*
4.McCarron* (if eligible)
5.McNabb
6.Justy
7.Petey*
8.Colm*
9.McNulty*
10.McCann
11.Donnelly
12.Joe
13.McCurry*
14.Big Sean*
15.McShane

Redhand Santa

Based on the league and injury news you'd have to guess something like this will be named:
Oneill
Mccarron
Mcnamee
Mcrory
Mcnabb
Justy
Harte
Colm
Mcnulty
T McCann
Donnelly
R McKenna
Mccurry
Sean
Mcshane

But I think there will be one or two surprises come Sunday. Few key positional changes and wouldn't rule out at least one shock starter. Not sure McKenna or mcnulty have done enough in recent games to earn a start. The bench will be interesting to see who has been brought in.

Redhand Santa

McCann would also be lucky to start based on end of league. He could push to half forward and start Niall McKenna in corner who he liked there pre injury. I'm assuming he'll hold Mcaliskey for second half when it might open up a little.

ONeill

Tyrone are going to win this. Donegal are over the hill but no one knows it yet. McCurry and the Young Guns will burn them up, with Donegal's corner backs spinning. Murphy frustrated and red carded.

There will be a new dawn on Sunday.

Unfortunately Armagh will win the quarter final and go on to lose to Monaghan in the Ulster final. Monaghan will reach the All-Ireland semi but lose to a back-door inspired Mayo who capitulate to Dublin in the final.

2015 will be lauded as the best championship in decades and Brolly will take the credit.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

tiempo

Quote from: Redhand Santa on May 13, 2015, 11:05:56 PM
McCann would also be lucky to start based on end of league. He could push to half forward and start Niall McKenna in corner who he liked there pre injury. I'm assuming he'll hold Mcaliskey for second half when it might open up a little.

Niall McKenna will not get a sniff, I said back in Feb he is in the squad to fulfill in house training games, got an early go in the mckenna cup and league and that will be his chance for the year, mccann will play plenty, he is one of those mickey is trying to bring on and develop but doesn't seem to have told the lad exactly what his job is, he will start but get taken off

Fuzzman

ONeill ease of the wine man. Its a school night
I think McKenna could suit this game.

rrhf

Quote from: Redhand Santa on May 13, 2015, 10:48:07 PM
Based on the league and injury news you'd have to guess something like this will be named:
Oneill
Mccarron
Mcnamee
Mcrory
Mcnabb
Justy
Harte
Colm
Mcnulty
T McCann
Donnelly
R McKenna
Mccurry
Sean
Mcshane

But I think there will be one or two surprises come Sunday. Few key positional changes and wouldn't rule out at least one shock starter. Not sure McKenna or mcnulty have done enough in recent games to earn a start. The bench will be interesting to see who has been brought in.
Haven't seen the in house games so cant comment.  That team could be close enough.  Injury doubts surround S Cavanagh, and Morgan and Im not sure how fit N Mc Kenna is at all.  With Mc Shane the new kid on the block it could be interesting.    Injury doubts also surround the mysterious Glenties man who tried to climb up a tree in Garvaghey to watch the training only to find out it was a windmill..

ONeill

I'm telling ye. Jimmy got out at the right time. The McGees will rage against the dying of the light but like Tyrone V Dublin in 2011 tears will streak down the faces of connoisseurs of old fashioned corner back play as the beast is slain by upstarts with a lot to learn. Tyrone by 4.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

omaghjoe

Feckit I'm with you O'Neill, I believe we will win.

I dont "think" we are going to win as such because thought implies logic and logic says we should we smothered to death in attack.... again! And Donegal's efficiency upfront is frightening.

However I believe we will win, not hope..... belief. We are gonna do it! I dunno how, but I believe we will find a way.

C'mon Tyrone!

rrhf

Madmen seen in the hills above Drumqueen.  Please do not approach...
On a serious note...  If Donegal batter us Ill never shop in Bundoran again.. Fcuk em.

Fuzzman

Mickey announces his team tomorrow night after training to the Club Tyrone gathering.
I hear Morgan is out so will be interesting what will be our kickout strategy.
Interesting how Dublin kicked so many first have scores last year outside the blanket wall but don't know have we the players to do that.

Is Justy the man to mark Murphy or who will when's he plays at FF.

rrhf

All the best to Mickey O Neill, then - a great opportunity for him. 
With no free taker maybe Donegal will cut the grass.  It dashes their plan A though.  Supposedly for Plan B  they were thinking of bringing the sidlelines into an oblong shape. I hope Durkin has been practicing the kickouts, Big Sean will be waiting for the wee hop.