Donegal v Tyrone Sun 17 May

Started by tyroneman, April 18, 2015, 07:57:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Redhand Santa

Quote from: INDIANA on May 12, 2015, 04:06:32 PM
Watching from behind the couch as Mordor plays Mordor lite. If anyone gets to double figures I will be seriously impressed

Typical crap talk. How many times have these teams in the last 3 years league or championship not reached double figures? What % of their games played would it have been? The media can't talk about the gaa without mentioning blanket defence and negative things - no other sport in the world is dealt with in the same way. An awful lot of it rubbish like the above too.

red hander

Watching from behind the couch as Mordor plays Mordor lite. If anyone gets to double figures I will be seriously impressed

If you hate it so much, why watch it? One thing I can guarantee, though, is that no one will be bitten.

INDIANA

Quote from: Redhand Santa on May 12, 2015, 06:03:42 PM

Typical crap talk. How many times have these teams in the last 3 years league or championship not reached double figures? What % of their games played would it have been? The media can't talk about the gaa without mentioning blanket defence and negative things - no other sport in the world is dealt with in the same way. An awful lot of it rubbish like the above too.

Because that's what defines both teams. They are known for defence and nothing else. That's the reality and it's not media talk either
At least Donegal have something in the way of talented forwards. Unfortunately they don't use them to their best advantage . But Tyrone have little or nothing to offer in terms of forwards in my views

INDIANA

Quote from: red hander on May 12, 2015, 06:08:32 PM

If you hate it so much, why watch it? One thing I can guarantee, though, is that no one will be bitten.

As was proven nobody was bitten there either. There will be plenty of girlfriends phone numbers recited among other things like , systemic fouling , 13 men behind the ball and most of the scores coming from frees. Like death and taxes those things are certainties when Donegal play Tyrone

BluestackBoy

Quote from: INDIANA on May 12, 2015, 06:09:42 PM

Because that's what defines both teams. They are known for defence and nothing else. That's the reality and it's not media talk either
At least Donegal have something in the way of talented forwards. Unfortunately they don't use them to their best advantage . But Tyrone have little or nothing to offer in terms of forwards in my views

Who says it "defines both teams"?  Who says "they are known for defence and nothing else?" The voices in your head?

Just because some teams couldn't defend to save their lives doesn't mean that those who can should be disparaged.

For what shall it profit a man if he gains the whole world & loses his soul.

BluestackBoy

Quote from: INDIANA on May 12, 2015, 06:11:21 PM

As was proven nobody was bitten there either. There will be plenty of girlfriends phone numbers recited among other things like , systemic fouling , 13 men behind the ball and most of the scores coming from frees. Like death and taxes those things are certainties when Donegal play Tyrone

Nothing was "proven" one way or the other.

Like death & taxes one of the certainties in life is that haters will always hate.
For what shall it profit a man if he gains the whole world & loses his soul.

Over the Bar

Would that be much in the same way as spouting complete drivel defines you?

Fear ón Srath Bán

Well, whatever it is, your lot (at all grades) could be doing with a bit of it:

AISF 2014 Dublin 0-17 Donegal 3-14

U21 AISF 2015 Dublin 0-12 Tipperary 0-14

And I doubt very much that cannibalism would be what you need.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

J70

Quote from: BluestackBoy on May 12, 2015, 06:30:50 PM

Nothing was "proven" one way or the other.

Like death & taxes one of the certainties in life is that haters will always hate.

Let it go. If McBrearty had shown up at the hearing and the player's suspension had stood, they'd still be crying conspiracy!

J70

Championship:

2011: Donegal 2-6 Tyrone 0-9
2012: Donegal 0-12 Tyrone 0-10
2013: Donegal 2-10 Tyrone 0-10

League:
2011: Donegal 1-10 Tyrone 0-6
2013: Tyrone 1-13 Donegal 0-12
2015: Donegal 1-13 Tyrone 0-6

INDIANA

Quote from: J70 on May 12, 2015, 06:46:52 PM

Championship:

League:

It doesn't inspire the soul when you review the championship meetings. Our 14's would score more then 2-6 in one half. My instincts were largely right.

Redhand Santa

To be clear I was talking about all league and championship games the 2 teams have played and not just against each other. The proportion would be very low so not sure what Indiana is on about. Even against each other in last 6 meetings at least one team has scored over ten so there is no substance behind his comment.

It probably will be a relatively low scoring on Sunday but unlike the Leinster games it'll be a tough battle filled with big hits, controversy and tension. That's what defines championship for me, can't wait for it.

trileacman

Quote from: INDIANA on May 12, 2015, 07:07:03 PM
Quote from: J70 on May 12, 2015, 06:46:52 PM

Championship:

League:

It doesn't inspire the soul when you review the championship meetings. Our 14's would score more then 2-6 in one half. My instincts were largely right.

You're 14's are shite.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

JoG2

As was proven nobody was bitten there either.

Nothing was proven one way or the other for reasons we all know, but the dogs on the street.......

JoG2

Re the match itself, I'm going for a draw. Think Tyrone will put it up to the Donegal men in a low enought scoring match. They will need an early goal or 2. Donegal to win at Healy