Donegal v Tyrone Sun 17 May

Started by tyroneman, April 18, 2015, 07:57:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fuzzman

Good summary Flag man. We are probably the dirtiest, most cynical team to have ever played the game. We are the Meath of the 21st century. That's why we are so feared and have won the last 5 Ulsters.

Do yourself a wee favour and click on your own profile and read your last 10 posts and see what image you are painting of yourself.
A truly well balanced, well ROUNDED individual who can step back and give all sides of an argument in such a unbiased manner that nobody knows where you come from.
Irish Info will soon be knocking on your door with job offers. Keep up the good work. I look forward to reading your well researched posts every day.

Esmarelda

How has Niall McKenna's season been so far Tyrone people?

50fiftyball

I thought in the McKenna cup final v Cavan he was very sharp and direct with a great turn of pace, any time he turned his man and headed straight for goal he looked dangerous, am I thinking of a different McKenna cup game or is this the same night he scored the goal?

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: 50fiftyball on May 06, 2015, 11:39:46 AM
I thought in the McKenna cup final v Cavan he was very sharp and direct with a great turn of pace, any time he turned his man and headed straight for goal he looked dangerous, am I thinking of a different McKenna cup game or is this the same night he scored the goal?

Has he played for Donaghmore so far in the league?
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

BluestackBoy

Quote from: Tyrone_redhand on May 06, 2015, 02:13:54 AM
It's annoying the way tyrone get tarred with the same brush when it comes to Donegal's defence. I've been watching Tyrone for years and there is no way we are as negative.

My God, things have come to a sad state of affairs when Tyrone are seen as an attractive option ahead of us ;D ;D ;D
For what shall it profit a man if he gains the whole world & loses his soul.

Put Up That Flag

Quote from: Fuzzman on May 06, 2015, 09:58:56 AM
Good summary Flag man. We are probably the dirtiest, most cynical team to have ever played the game. We are the Meath of the 21st century.

Fair play,  at least you are admitting it, except I think your statement is unfair on Meath, they never held a candle to ye in terms of dirty, cynical play or general execution of the dark arts, no one can compete with ye on that level.

C'mon Donegal

BluestackBoy

Quote from: Put Up That Flag on May 06, 2015, 01:19:47 PM
Quote from: Fuzzman on May 06, 2015, 09:58:56 AM
Good summary Flag man. We are probably the dirtiest, most cynical team to have ever played the game. We are the Meath of the 21st century.

Fair play,  at least you are admitting it, except I think your statement is unfair on Meath, they never held a candle to ye in terms of dirty, cynical play or general execution of the dark arts, no one can compete with ye on that level.

C'mon Donegal

We in Donegal are taking exception to Tyrone getting the accolade of being the most cynical.

Neil McGee in particular is most upset & has vowed to set the record straight.
For what shall it profit a man if he gains the whole world & loses his soul.

Fuzzman

Was at the audience with Pat Kenny last night for his new chat show on UTV Ireland. He had Mickey Harte as his guest with an open interview lasting an hour.
Mickey then came back out when recording finished to answer questions from the floor.
Let's just say I'm going to this game now as Mickey seems to have something up his sleeve with a lot to prove in what he says "people say this is my last year."

Is big Sean back playing for moy?

Walter White

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on May 06, 2015, 12:13:48 PM
Quote from: 50fiftyball on May 06, 2015, 11:39:46 AM

Has he played for Donaghmore so far in the league?

McKenna has played both games. Scored 1-4 against Errigal operating from full forward.

Fuzzman, Sean Cavanagh returned to action against Dungannon last Sunday. Heavily strapped leg and seemed to lack a bit of match fitness but still had enough to help Moy come away with a massive 2pts.

LeoMc

Quote from: Fuzzman on May 07, 2015, 10:54:02 PM
Was at the audience with Pat Kenny last night for his new chat show on UTV Ireland. He had Mickey Harte as his guest with an open interview lasting an hour.
Mickey then came back out when recording finished to answer questions from the floor.
Let's just say I'm going to this game now as Mickey seems to have something up his sleeve with a lot to prove in what he says "people say this is my last year."

If he can motivate the dressing room the way motivated you we will walk it. ;D

J70

What can he possibly do different?

15 behind the ball instead of 13?

It's already going to be defensive.

Have youse found a Donaghy - type to throw up front?

JoG2

Quote from: J70 on May 08, 2015, 02:13:53 PM

What can he possibly do different?

15 behind the ball instead of 13?

It's already going to be defensive.

Have youse found a Donaghy - type to throw up front?

they have already adopted this, along with not contesting kick outs allowing the 3 full forwards to get back into defence. It stings the eyes

Redhand Santa

Based on the league game its hard to see Tyrone winning this game. Donegal looked to be so much stronger and everyone seemed comfortable in what they were doing. Murphy is capable on scoring any free within 55 yards and they have a very experienced team and are very physically imposing. Added to the fact they have beaten us so often in recent years and they're definitely strong favourites.

That's not to say we don't have a chance. We've often seen teams being hammered by another in the league only to turn it round come championship. I can think of numerous examples in recent years. The one worrying thing with that though is the league game was so important for both teams survival prospects so you'd have to imagine both were going flat out for it.

During the league game though we didn't seem to match Donegal's intensity at all for whatver reason. We didn't look up for it and played a very slow build up game which made it so easy for Donegal. The wind also worked against us that day from memory. How much of our slow play and lack of intensity was down to Donegal is hard to know.

People will say a qualifier run would be good for the team but I have to say I really think at this stage we need a big championship scalp, its been too long. A loss here would really dent confidence whereas a win could have the county and team buzzing again. I hope we go out with a real high intensity and get stuck into Donegal. Break forward in numbers and try to get a lead up. I'd be brave in selection and go with something like this:

Morgan
McCarron
Joe (Only if fit which I've no idea. If he is he's the only man with the power to compete with Murphy)
McNamee
Brennan
McRory
Justy
Colm
McShane
McNabb
Donnelly
Harte
McCurry
Sean
McKenna

McAliskey and Bradley to come of the bench and offer some scoring power when game opens up. Clarke also a good option from the bench around half back or midfield.

Redhand Santa

Can anyone confirm if any new u21s have been involved since their all ireland win? The likes of McGeary, Hampsey and Meyler could be good squad options now if brought in and worth substitute appearances. McNulty has been involved before and injuries hampered his involvement, hard to see him accepting any call up at this stage anyway. He seems to be in good form at the moment.

nrico2006

What about Lee Brennan in corner forward?  Can't see it though, Harte is too fond of his regulars and likes safety first.  Is McShane big enough for midfield?  Half forward the more likely place for him if he got a chance.  The heartbeat of that u-21 team was McGeary, great energy raiding from half back and would be a great addition to the team.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'