Donegal v Tyrone Sun 17 May

Started by tyroneman, April 18, 2015, 07:57:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cuconnacht

Quote from: AhNowRef on May 18, 2015, 02:52:16 PM
Quote from: Put Up That Flag on May 17, 2015, 05:42:12 PM
Woo hoo, great result, justice for the game of gaelic football,  the most cynical and dirtiest team to ever play the game are out, hopefully the media will rightly slate them tomorrow for what they are.

;D ;D  ;D

Are you on your period or what ?
The worrying thing there is if he comes back and says hes not!
If he is cranberry juice they reckon,and just too answer his hope,Kerry,Dublin and Mayo weren't playing yesterday so there  wont be much paperspace towards the cynical dirty stuff and as a  footnote neither contender in the Battle of Ballyboffey is out.

AhNowRef

Quote from: INDIANA on May 18, 2015, 10:31:04 AM
Quote from: tyrone86 on May 18, 2015, 09:22:32 AM
Quote from: INDIANA on May 18, 2015, 09:17:05 AM
Quote from: rrhf on May 18, 2015, 07:04:39 AM
On the girlfriend phone number debate have any of you considered that maybe a man did actually know the guys girlfriend and still stays close.  Playground stuff

Bullshit . And it wasn't just one player. Harte made a significant quote in 2000 where he said sledging was part of the game as far as he's concerned. He has trained his teams accordingly and it's now firmly part of the Tyrone doctrine at development level. Everyone in Ulster copied it and it's now part of the game there.

I've the height of respect for Harte as an individual but I dislike the way he trains his football teams.

On the game itself fundamentally Tyrone don't score enough. And because of that they won't win anything for a while. It's a sad day for the game when a talent like Mc Curry has to play around the middle to get the ball. In modern Gaelic Football the talentless are admired for work rate and intensity and the class acts are reduced to hod carriers.

Utter lies - just because somebody told you that in the pub or Joe Brolly says it doesn't make it true.

No it's not pub talk and the idea that I'd post pub talk is absurd.
And that's the last I'm saying on it. If the Tyrone players in question were put on a lie detector test they'd fail.

So you heard it on the Jeremy Kyle show in the pub ... I rest my case your honour   ::)

p.s. you cant say thats the last thing Im saying on it  .. and then say something else ... thats a bit mad Ted !!

Redhand Santa

It could be funny this weekend after the Cavan Monaghan match. If anything I could see it being a more negative game and could be a few incidents as well.

topcuppla

Did Paddy Heaney give a two page report of the "dust up" at half time, the poor artane boys band were stuck in the middle again, or does he just reserve his drivel for Armagh?

Club Rossa

No,it's just a conspiracy against Armagh.

INDIANA

Quote from: AhNowRef on May 18, 2015, 03:58:14 PM
Quote from: INDIANA on May 18, 2015, 10:31:04 AM
Quote from: tyrone86 on May 18, 2015, 09:22:32 AM
Quote from: INDIANA on May 18, 2015, 09:17:05 AM
Quote from: rrhf on May 18, 2015, 07:04:39 AM
On the girlfriend phone number debate have any of you considered that maybe a man did actually know the guys girlfriend and still stays close.  Playground stuff

Bullshit . And it wasn't just one player. Harte made a significant quote in 2000 where he said sledging was part of the game as far as he's concerned. He has trained his teams accordingly and it's now firmly part of the Tyrone doctrine at development level. Everyone in Ulster copied it and it's now part of the game there.

I've the height of respect for Harte as an individual but I dislike the way he trains his football teams.

On the game itself fundamentally Tyrone don't score enough. And because of that they won't win anything for a while. It's a sad day for the game when a talent like Mc Curry has to play around the middle to get the ball. In modern Gaelic Football the talentless are admired for work rate and intensity and the class acts are reduced to hod carriers.

Utter lies - just because somebody told you that in the pub or Joe Brolly says it doesn't make it true.

No it's not pub talk and the idea that I'd post pub talk is absurd.
And that's the last I'm saying on it. If the Tyrone players in question were put on a lie detector test they'd fail.

So you heard it on the Jeremy Kyle show in the pub ... I rest my case your honour   ::)

p.s. you cant say thats the last thing Im saying on it  .. and then say something else ... thats a bit mad Ted !!

Its a fact. Sledging is part of the doctrine of playing football now. It's a sad state of affairs for the game at large.

INDIANA

Quote from: rrhf on May 18, 2015, 03:34:45 PM
Ye know fcuk all about football.

Maybe but Tyrone are only a reasonable outfit at present. You need another 5/6 players like Peter Harte realistically before you'll worry the top 3 in Croke Park. You're never going to win anything with Darren Mc Curry playing at midfield.

You just don't score enough and I didn't see any obvious plan how to go about it. Donegal had a plan to get shooters between the two banks of Tyrone defenders by getting runners from deep traversing across the pitch and hitting the space between the two banks at precisely the right time. As much as I despise Rory Gallagher , the guy can coach and he had his homework done.

That finish for the goal yesterday by Mc Curry was absolutely sublime - it's a terrible shame to see him wasted around the middle. You played to keep the score down and you lost. Fortune favours the brave most of the time.

BennyHarp

Another thread on a Tyrone game dominated by the ramblings of an obsessive Dub. You'd nearly think there was no interest in the Leinster championship! Just out of interest Indiana, how many posts have you made in the Offaly v Longford thread!
That was never a square ball!!

The Bearded One

Is there a hierarchy of sledging? 

Which is off bounds or are all of these fair game? Sister/mother/girlfriend/ex-girlfriend/boyfriend?  What determines if a county is more or less guilty than another?
It is what it is. Presumably.

J70

Quote from: INDIANA on May 18, 2015, 07:11:06 PM

Maybe but Tyrone are only a reasonable outfit at present. You need another 5/6 players like Peter Harte realistically before you'll worry the top 3 in Croke Park. You're never going to win anything with Darren Mc Curry playing at midfield.

You just don't score enough and I didn't see any obvious plan how to go about it. Donegal had a plan to get shooters between the two banks of Tyrone defenders by getting runners from deep traversing across the pitch and hitting the space between the two banks at precisely the right time. As much as I despise Rory Gallagher , the guy can coach and he had his homework done.

That finish for the goal yesterday by Mc Curry was absolutely sublime - it's a terrible shame to see him wasted around the middle. You played to keep the score down and you lost. Fortune favours the brave most of the time.

Given that you've highlighted it a number of times on the board, why do you despise Rory Gallagher.

A strong word. An emotional word.

INDIANA

Quote from: J70 on May 18, 2015, 07:33:38 PM
Quote from: INDIANA on May 18, 2015, 07:11:06 PM

Given that you've highlighted it a number of times on the board, why do you despise Rory Gallagher.

A strong word. An emotional word.

His antics on the line against Dublin have to be seen to be believed. Small man syndrome one can only guess.

Whitnail

They say familiarity breeds contempt. There might be a begrudging ounce of respect between both county's players but that's marginal . Their sick of the sight of each other & due to the draw & the qualifer system, Ulster teams have to keep facing each other , alot of times having to play each other twice in a championship summer or not facing a team from another province until maybe the semi finals.
Were sick of tyrone, sick of monaghan, getting quite sick of derry and most likley in the near future sick of armagh with all these counties also being sick of us.
For some reason I cant help feeling that we will play tyrone again this summer & be drawn against them in next year's preliminary round again as well. No wonder there's alot of this sledging & negativity!

Counties from other provinces just dont end up playing each other with the same frequency and it's why the Ulster championship is actually worth something in the end.

Anyway tyrone never once rolled over but there's just too much handpassing in that team , they started kicking it in in the last 5 mins but by then it was too late. Wheras for us I thought we kicked to decent effect yesterday and its something I want to see more of .

StGallsGAA

As a matter of interest Indiana have you ever played club football and if so for whom?   Or are you just like 98% of other Dublin fans?

BennyHarp

Quote from: StGallsGAA on May 18, 2015, 08:38:47 PM
As a matter of interest Indiana have you ever played club football and if so for whom?   Or are you just like 98% of other Dublin fans?

Don't get him started on his All Ireland medals!
That was never a square ball!!

INDIANA

Quote from: StGallsGAA on May 18, 2015, 08:38:47 PM

St Vincents and I've played at the highest level of the game. I know a little bit about the game.