The Interesting Northern Ireland Election Candidates Thread

Started by muppet, April 15, 2015, 11:07:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gallsman

David Vance is a **** of the order who pretends he matters. He is nothing more then a loudmouth.

general_lee

Quote from: gallsman on April 16, 2015, 12:50:58 AM
David Vance is a **** of the order who pretends he matters. He is nothing more then a loudmouth.
Absolute cretin. Couldn't love him if ya rared him.

bogball88

Quote from: dec on April 15, 2015, 01:46:09 PM
Quote from: illdecide on April 15, 2015, 01:09:52 PM
Quote from: Shamrock Shore on April 15, 2015, 12:00:30 PM
Any sign of Ian Parsley this time out?

I think he ran in North Down the last time.

I hope not...he's dead

Ian Paisley is dead but Ian Parsley is still alive. https://twitter.com/ianjamesparsley https://ianjamesparsley.wordpress.com/

I see his misses Paula Bradshaw standing for Alliance in South Belfast-former UUP candidate

Nigel White

Quote from: general_lee on April 16, 2015, 08:48:20 AM
Quote from: gallsman on April 16, 2015, 12:50:58 AM
Absolute cretin. Couldn't love him if ya rared him.
Never off the Nolan Show. A male Katie Hopkins

ojonathanrossa

How is he given so much airtime? Obviously to be a cretin and to try and divide opinion but I believe its things like this are part of the BBC govt led agenda.  I'm not saying David Cameron is saying 'Get David Vance on Radio Six Counties' but I think in the name of 'balance' they bring out a controversial mouthpiece like himself to rile and engage trade unionists and working callers into spats of small single issues and in turn satisfying an agenda that allows austerity to become acceptable.

BennyCake

I'm from the Billy Connolly school of thinking...

Don't vote. It only encourages the bastards!

Feckitt

dec

Quote from: ojonathanrossa on April 16, 2015, 09:43:36 AM
How is he given so much airtime? Obviously to be a cretin and to try and divide opinion but I believe its things like this are part of the BBC govt led agenda.  I'm not saying David Cameron is saying 'Get David Vance on Radio Six Counties' but I think in the name of 'balance' they bring out a controversial mouthpiece like himself to rile and engage trade unionists and working callers into spats of small single issues and in turn satisfying an agenda that allows austerity to become acceptable.

Because he is an easy choice. He is a "rent-a-quote" who you can guarantee will spout anti-agreement right wing views on any subject you throw at him.

The bookers can either spend a lot of time trying to arrange for a range of different people to be on a show or just take the easy option of calling someone who will always agree to be on and will always give predictable, inflame the listeners type responses.

T Fearon

Justin Mc Nulty.

Saw David Vance in Tesco Craigavon a few Saturdays ago.A more insignificant individual you could not wish to set eyes on.

Owenmoresider

Quote from: T Fearon on April 16, 2015, 06:31:50 PMSaw David Vance in Tesco Craigavon a few Saturdays ago.A more insignificant individual you could not wish to set eyes on.
said David  :P

Farrandeelin

Off topic I know, but where has Evil Genius gone? Is he standing for election anywhere I wonder?
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

ziggysego

Well Newsnight was interesting tonight... Interesting? Sorry, I meant dull as dishwater.
Testing Accessibility