Derry U16 Championship x 2
Derry U14 Championship x 2
Derry Feile x 1

SCHOOL
Hogan Cup x 1
MacRory Cup x 2
Rannafast x 1
Dalton x 1

There may be more at school level. He has another year at St Pats Maghera this year and currently Hawthorn have him over back and forth for training prior to his expected moved to the AFL in 2016.

In fairness Mark O'Connor's CV isn't bad either:
4 Munster colleges
2 Munster minor
2 Hogan Cup
1 All-Ireland Minor

Dinny Breen

They are young men, leave the dick swinging out. Just let them enjoy their football.
#newbridgeornowhere

nrico2006

Quote from: twohands!!! on August 05, 2015, 04:13:17 PM
Quote from: nrico2006 on August 05, 2015, 11:51:26 AM
I am also under the assumption that Glass is away to the AFL very soon, wasn't he the youngest Irish recruit yet with teams after him when he was 15 and him going over to one at 16.

Any danger he might miss the semi-final or the final?
Would be a serious blow to Derry's chances. [and also my chances of backing Derry to beat Kerry]

I thought he was going this autumn but I think it won#t be for another year if he still has upper 6th to do.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

ck

Quote from: Dinny Breen on August 05, 2015, 04:42:50 PM
They are young men, leave the dick swinging out. Just let them enjoy their football.

Agree! How many minors are highly rated and you hardly hear tell of them by the time they're 21. It's cos of all this hype like above. So what if they've won a host of medals. It just means they were part of good teams

Dinny, while I have you - what are Kildare minors like? I reliably heard earlier in the year that they were decent but not great, and leinster was to be wide open. Their results have been impressive.

Samjohnson

How have Tipperary developed to be successful in underage football ? And do ye think these teams will filter through to impact the seniors?

Dinny Breen

Yea I think that was probably a fair comment coming into the year, they had done well as development squad winning plenty of blitzs but wouldn't have been rated as highly as the 2010 and 2013 squads. They lost the Leinster League final to Dublin back in March by 5 points so the expectation was that Dublin were a little bit ahead of us. In the lead up to Louth game, there was falling outs and preparation was hampered by school runs in particular Rathangan's run to win the AI 'C'. Our best inside forward Jimmy Hyland who plays with Rathangan wasn't selected, had missed a lot training and had play the AI final the previous week kicking 7 points and picking up the motm award. Our manager Brendan Hackett felt he needed minding and didn't select him, I respect that however we lost a game we were expected to win and he was pillared for it. There is a back-door in Leinster and the next 2 games were the making of this team, they won 2 very very tight games away to Laois first and then Offaly in the battle of Tullamore, that was probably Offaly's best minor side in nearly 10 years so it was a super win. You can imagine the confidence gained from winning those 2 games away against 2 massive rivals it has just ignited this team, they beat Dublin comfortably in the semi-final and Longford in the final. They play a real high tempo game with early low foot passed into the front three with the midfielders and half-forwards coming in support. They were leading by 10 points at one stage against Cavan, switched off and lost momentum but the mental fortitude gained from the Laois and Offaly means they won't give up and the fought bravely and doggedly to eventually hold of the tide.

Croke Park suits them, we have a big rangy middle 8 and pace inside and on the flanks. Hyland minor again next year is probably out standout player but I like Feeley in the middles of the park, a really really good midfielder.
#newbridgeornowhere

twohands!!!

I am also under the assumption that Glass is away to the AFL very soon, wasn't he the youngest Irish recruit yet with teams after him when he was 15 and him going over to one at 16.

Would be a serious blow to Derry's chances. [and also my chances of backing Derry to beat Kerry]

Quoting myself here but Derry are 7/2 to win the minor outright and I fancy a piece of that (but only as long as Glass isn't flying out before the final) so can anyone confirm he will be around?

magpie seanie

Why would you use medal won to compare players? All that means is they were on good teams.

blanketattack

Quote from: magpie seanie on August 06, 2015, 03:21:32 PM
Why would you use medal won to compare players? All that means is they were on good teams.

How many crap players do you know with 7 or 8 All-Ireland medals?

Rossfan

Quote from: blanketattack on August 06, 2015, 05:22:34 PM

How many great players do you know who have NO All Ireland medals?
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

blanketattack

Quote from: Rossfan on August 06, 2015, 05:32:39 PM

<.1% of players with no all Ireland medals were great players.
100% of players with 7 or 8 All-Ireland medals were very good if not great players.

Syferus

Quote from: blanketattack on August 06, 2015, 06:06:31 PM

100% of players with 7 or 8 All-Ireland medals were very good if not great players.

Pointless arse pulled stats abound.

blanketattack

Quote from: Syferus on August 06, 2015, 06:07:51 PM
Quote from: blanketattack on August 06, 2015, 06:06:31 PM

Pointless arse pulled stats abound.

Which player with 7 or 8 All Ireland medals don't you rate do?

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: Dinny Breen on August 06, 2015, 12:14:50 PM
Croke Park suits them, we have a big rangy middle 8 and pace inside and on the flanks. Hyland minor again next year is probably out standout player but I like Feeley in the middles of the park, a really really good midfielder.

It would be a pity for Kildare if we lose him to the UK like the brother.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

ck

Quote from: twohands!!! on August 06, 2015, 01:22:42 PM

Quoting myself here but Derry are 7/2 to win the minor outright and I fancy a piece of that (but only as long as Glass isn't flying out before the final) so can anyone confirm he will be around?

You could be right but I think they are 7/2 for a reason. Kerry will beat them. Kerry Kildare final