All Ireland Minor Championship 2015

Started by twohands!!!, April 13, 2015, 10:25:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

screenexile

Huge result for Derry. We're no bad team but I thought given previous results we would put up a show but get beaten. Fair play to all involved we've probably had better teams the last 5 years but this team has performed. Cavan a big ask again the nest day but beating Donegal wasmhuge!!

Well done to management and players alike!

ck

Quote from: rrhf on June 28, 2015, 12:42:08 AM
Quote from: ck on June 27, 2015, 10:42:07 PM
Quote from: ck on June 26, 2015, 10:33:10 PM
Sligo kick off their year tomorrow against Leitrim. They are 10/11 to win.

At the moment my money for All-Ireland is between Cavan, Kerry, Dublin and Sligo.

Maybe a few of ye will listen to me now lads. Loads of you jumping on the Donegal bandwagon without even haven seen them. It's amazing how hype can take legs of its own. I saw them play Sligo a few weeks back and they were far from impressive and had money on Derry today at 7/2!
Four teams quoted above still key to September.
Bundle of eejits ruined a very good team.

Do you care to elaborate or is this just some ignorant statement?

rodney trotter

At the moment my money for All-Ireland is between Cavan, Kerry, Dublin and Sligo.

Maybe a few of ye will listen to me now lads. Loads of you jumping on the Donegal bandwagon without even haven seen them. It's amazing how hype can take legs of its own. I saw them play Sligo a few weeks back and they were far from impressive and had money on Derry today at 7/2!

Sligo last won Connacht Minor in 1968. They have a lot to prove yet.

BluestackBoy

Quote from: ck on June 28, 2015, 08:59:04 AM

For what shall it profit a man if he gains the whole world & loses his soul.

BluestackBoy

Quote from: BluestackBoy on June 28, 2015, 10:12:28 AM
Quote from: ck on June 28, 2015, 08:59:04 AM

Congratulations to Derry on a great win for them, their delight at the end of the game was wonderful to see & I hope they go on to big things from here.

Donegal showed all the signs of a team who thought the game would just come to them as opposed to them having to go out & win it.

It was only in the last 10 minutes that they showed what they are capable of & in the end a missed penalty cost them dear.

A valuable lesson.

tippabu

tippabu

Kildare 3-16 Dublin 3-13.

.big weekend with 2 of the fancied teams going out

INDIANA

Quote from: tippabu on June 28, 2015, 01:30:41 PM

No chance. Said ages ago Dublin wouldn't win Leinster. That result is no surprise

BluestackBoy

Quote from: INDIANA on June 28, 2015, 01:36:56 PM

No chance. Said ages ago Dublin wouldn't win Leinster. That result is no surprise

What is going on in Dublin if that result is "no surprise".

There can surely be no shortage of good players so was it a management problem?

Captain Obvious

CK who we are meant to listen too mentioned Dublin as All Ireland contenders he didn't mention Kildare...

ck

Leinster is exceptionally difficult to predict this year. Both Sligo and Derry beat Dublin in recent weeks in challenge games. Instead of that promoting these two teams it may now hint at things being even more unpredictable. Out of Derry, Cavan, Longford and Kildare all 4 are in AI quarter final and will make semi. Intriguing cship this year

Donnellys Hollow

Pleasantly surprised with that result. I was at the Leinster league final in Hawkfield and Dublin looked a small bit ahead of us then. Kildare have come a long way since the Louth match.

Three Leinster Finals in a row should bode well for the future. Should be a good final against Longford. The game between the two sides in Pearse Park last year was a cracker.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

INDIANA

Quote from: BluestackBoy on June 28, 2015, 01:58:10 PM

What is going on in Dublin if that result is "no surprise".

There can surely be no shortage of good players so was it a management problem?

Any county can only field 15 players. That Kildare team has been very good since u14. I tipped them to win Leinster at least a few months back. 28/1 only goes to prove the Bookies haven't a clue about this grade of football.

In house issues? possibly. The u14-u16 management with this team were kicked out for Paddy Christie to bring his own team on board. His ballymun minor side which he trains had 12 on the panel. to be fair they did win the AI Feile and are the best side in Dublin for that agegroup. He'll be hammered for it but in reality we were beaten by a better side. End of story

Farrandeelin

Meanwhile in the other Connacht semi, Mayo will be hoping to do 3 in a row over Galway.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

nrico2006

Is Conor Glass the Derry captain?  He could cap off some underage career if he ends up winning the All Ireland.  Is he underage next year?
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'