NFL Division 2 final Down V Roscommon 26th April 2015

Started by Dubh driocht, April 06, 2015, 12:46:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

joemamas

Quote from: DuffleKing on April 26, 2015, 03:16:46 PM
Ros are the better team by a considerable margin but they're handlingand distribution under pressure is very poor and costing them a comfortable canter

you realize Down have 14 men

CD

Quote from: sligoman2 on April 26, 2015, 02:45:16 PM
Very poor from both sides and the ref so far.  Hopefully the 2nd half will be a bit more lively
We lived in hope! Very poor standard from both.
Who's a bit of a moaning Michael tonight!

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Throw ball on April 26, 2015, 03:15:30 PM
Never a black card either. He deliberately fouled him but never deliberately pulled him to the ground.
I agree. Not a black card offence that. Yellow card all day long.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Zulu

Much better second half but I didn't think that black card was deserved either, he didn't pull him down and if anything the Down man went to ground. It was a foul but not a black card and too many lads are hitting the turf easily.

BluestackBoy

Never a black card either. He deliberately fouled him but never deliberately pulled him to the ground.

Of course it was a black card.

It was deliberate & he pulled him to the ground.

It was for fouls like these that the black card was introduced.
For what shall it profit a man if he gains the whole world & loses his soul.

Syferus

Quote from: BluestackBoy on April 26, 2015, 03:44:53 PM

Murray's black card was fully deserved.

Pleased with that second half performance. Roll on London. Best wishes to Brian Murtagh.

DuffleKing

Quote from: joemamas on April 26, 2015, 03:29:55 PM
Quote from: DuffleKing on April 26, 2015, 03:16:46 PM
Ros are the better team by a considerable margin but they're handlingand distribution under pressure is very poor and costing them a comfortable canter

you realize Down have 14 men

You think that's a factor in the Roscommon forwards' decision making? Hadn't considered tthat.

blewuporstuffed

He didn't pull him to the ground, he certainly fouled him and the player went to ground but there was no deliberate pull down.
We are slowly morphing into soccer with players hitting the deck at every physical contact.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Zulu

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on April 26, 2015, 03:56:19 PM

He didn't pull him to the ground, he certainly fouled him and the player went to ground but there was no deliberate pull down.
We are slowly morphing into soccer with players hitting the deck at every physical contact.

Agree. The refereeing standards may be questionable but too many players are diving and making tackles worse than they are. In saying that I think refs should be able to recognise when grown men fling themselves to the ground that they are making more of it than necessary.

Rudi

Kilbride got held onto from behind, down no 6 should not have done this as other down man had won the ball. Free in all day, yellow it was not. Ref was poor and gave many decisions against the Rosie's. Ros on the day should have won by 10 plus, down were shocking bad and did not look to bothered.

Put Up That Flag

Quote from: DuffleKing on April 26, 2015, 02:33:32 PM

Ros 15 has holes in his hands. Woeful basics

You do realise you are talking about the one and only Cregger aka the bearded magician.  The greatest player to ever wear the county colours going by Syferus expert commentary down through the years.

Highlander3

Quote from: Rudi on April 26, 2015, 04:37:30 PM
Kilbride got held onto from behind, down no 6 should not have done this as other down man had won the ball. Free in all day, yellow it was not. Ref was poor and gave many decisions against the Rosie's. Ros on the day should have won by 10 plus, down were shocking bad and did not look to bothered.

If just shows how fans view a game differently, me and the other down fans I was with thought the Ref give Roscommon everything for about the first 55 minutes including the crazy sending off. Though at the end when we were beat he started to give us a lot of decisions, but by that time it did not matter.

trileacman

Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

Put Up That Flag

Quote from: Highlander3 on April 26, 2015, 05:43:40 PM
Quote from: Rudi on April 26, 2015, 04:37:30 PM

If just shows how fans view a game differently, me and the other down fans I was with thought the Ref give Roscommon everything for about the first 55 minutes including the crazy sending off. Though at the end when we were beat he started to give us a lot of decisions, but by that time it did not matter.

Ref did favour Roscommon in most calls, sending off was ridiculous

mjg

Quote from: larryin89 on April 26, 2015, 02:54:28 PM
Quote from: Mayo Border on April 26, 2015, 02:49:15 PM
Poor game although Willie Hegarty on Shannonside Radio makes it sound like an all Ireland final. "And he has just kicked a wonderful fisted point". Rossies must wonder why no-one has come to see them in their first game of the year in Croke Park. No harm to give the bus a run out anyway.

Re the Roscommon support , they are a disgrace to that team . I mean where are they, they're in the pubs in ballagh, Boyle and frenchpark talkin about how they're going to bate Mayo.
larryin we all know your not the brightest spark in kilmovee but when your on stolensheep as ballycroy try to remember to shuffle your above sentence about a small bit