NFL Division 2 final Down V Roscommon 26th April 2015

Started by Dubh driocht, April 06, 2015, 12:46:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jinxy

Look at all the Rossies pretending they don't care.
Fooling no one lads!
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Syferus

Quote from: Jinxy on April 21, 2015, 12:57:10 PM
Look at all the Rossies pretending they don't care.
Fooling no one lads!

There's not much room left for trophies at the front of the bus anyways.

snoopdog

Quote from: SHEEDY on April 19, 2015, 12:39:48 PM
Quote from: Dubh driocht on April 19, 2015, 08:36:25 AM
The defeat to Tyrone will be a tough one for Roscommon and it will indeed be interesting to see how Evans responds. I would start Murtagh if he's fit as he is quality, and caused Down serious problems in Newry, and Smith is also worth his place.
The Down team I would pick is as follows;
Kane
Deserves his place but Cunningham and Gordon both did well and we're well served when Harrison isn't even in the squad
O'Hagan, Howard, Turley
These guys have everything except a bit of height- and we will need this against Kilbride . Collins is cut from the same cloth and while it won't happen, I would love to see Big Dan in a red and black shirt this year.
McArdle, McKernan, McGovern While Benny didn't get as much game-time as the two Burren men, he is still a quality player who I would start. McKernan is almost at his peak and is all-star material if we get a good run. McGovern never less than 7 out of 10 every game.
Turley and Mallon
Pete has more than filled the considerable gap left by King while Mallon's athleticism should curb the influence of the Shines
Maginn, Madine, Carr Maginn is a manager's dream, does everything you ask and has a knack of being in the right place at the right time. Madine is a serious physical presence in a light team and while he might still not be fully fit, he was our main man in the early league games. Carr is top quality and again brings physicality in what will be a physical battle.
Poland, Laverty, O'Hare Mark got better over the campaign, Laverty was consistently excellent and Donal is a prolific scorer especially when the confidence is up.
It's a bit harsh on Devlin and Mc Conville not to start but I would bring both on at some stage, along with the Johnstones and Conor Garvey.

The team I think Jim will pick- subject to availability is;
Kane
O'Hagan Howard D Turley
O'Hanlon McKernan McGovern
P Turley and Devlin
J Johnstone Poland Maginn
McConville Laverty O'Hare.

mccorry has a big decision to make with kevin mckernan. hes got 2 black cards so far, if he gets another in the league final he would miss the derry match.
McKernan should not be in the team or on the bench. Down cant afford to be without him in Celtic Park come 7th June. sunday is nothing more than a glorified friendly.

Dubh driocht

It's a bit more than a glorified friendly but you and Sheedy are right about the McKernan dilemma. We will need him in Celtic Park and he was MoM the first day two years ago. Either straight swop with Garvey or drop Mallon back and bring in Mooney. McKernan will be bustin to play though.I suppose that's why we pay /make reasonable expenses available to managers- to make decisions

PAULD123

This Black card thing will hang over McKernan for the rest of the year won't it? It is a one match suspension if he receives a black card at any stage from now on. But would that be the slate wiped clean?

Rossfan

Many going to this oul game at all?
Got me nice free ticket yesterday from the Season Ticket office so will be attending (as usual).
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Syferus

I'll be taking my usual league final position in the premium seats. Pleb.

Rossfan

I'm proud to be a working man taking my place among the people.
The snobs and the gold Spooner's and other exploiters of the working class can indulge themselves on their iIl gotten gains before it's all taken from ye. :P
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

larryin89

Any Rossie want a couple of freebies for Sunday , PM me.
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

Halfquarter

Watching the Roscommon match on TG4, never knew before today that the subtitles are in English ,a small bit of a help !

BluestackBoy

For what shall it profit a man if he gains the whole world & loses his soul.

Jinxy

If you were any use you'd be playing.

DuffleKing