Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Rossfan

charlieTully

SHEEDY

Quote from: Dubh driocht on April 19, 2015, 08:36:25 AM
The defeat to Tyrone will be a tough one for Roscommon and it will indeed be interesting to see how Evans responds. I would start Murtagh if he's fit as he is quality, and caused Down serious problems in Newry, and Smith is also worth his place.
The Down team I would pick is as follows;
Kane
Deserves his place but Cunningham and Gordon both did well and we're well served when Harrison isn't even in the squad
O'Hagan, Howard, Turley
These guys have everything except a bit of height- and we will need this against Kilbride . Collins is cut from the same cloth and while it won't happen, I would love to see Big Dan in a red and black shirt this year.
McArdle, McKernan, McGovern While Benny didn't get as much game-time as the two Burren men, he is still a quality player who I would start. McKernan is almost at his peak and is all-star material if we get a good run. McGovern never less than 7 out of 10 every game.
Turley and Mallon
Pete has more than filled the considerable gap left by King while Mallon's athleticism should curb the influence of the Shines
Maginn, Madine, Carr Maginn is a manager's dream, does everything you ask and has a knack of being in the right place at the right time. Madine is a serious physical presence in a light team and while he might still not be fully fit, he was our main man in the early league games. Carr is top quality and again brings physicality in what will be a physical battle.
Poland, Laverty, O'Hare Mark got better over the campaign, Laverty was consistently excellent and Donal is a prolific scorer especially when the confidence is up.
It's a bit harsh on Devlin and Mc Conville not to start but I would bring both on at some stage, along with the Johnstones and Conor Garvey.

The team I think Jim will pick- subject to availability is;
Kane
O'Hagan Howard D Turley
O'Hanlon McKernan McGovern
P Turley and Devlin
J Johnstone Poland Maginn
McConville Laverty O'Hare.

mccorry has a big decision to make with kevin mckernan. hes got 2 black cards so far, if he gets another in the league final he would miss the derry match.
nil satis nisi optimum

Mourne Rover

Dubh Driocht is clearly not a fan of Devlin, but, while he has his flaws, his general contribution in the league was solid and he deserves to start the final. While he is not a natural ball winner, and can be careless in possession, he works exceptionally hard, is capable of picking out fine passes, scores regularly from play and is the best free-taker in our squad. Our record from 45s was appalling before his recall, and his total of 1-22 in the seven D2 games was pretty respectable. We do not know yet whether he is a championship footballer but McCorry obviously has strong faith in him.

The decision over McKernan is a tough one, as he is a key figure all over the field. Losing him for the Derry match would be a severe blow, so it is quite possible that he will initially be kept on the bench at Croke Park.

Jinxy

This is now a must win game for the Rossies.
Silverware is silverware.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Rossfan

Quote from: Jinxy on April 19, 2015, 02:32:05 PM
No. It is an unimportant game but always better to win a game than not.
Yes. A shiny cupeen is always nice but who remembers League winners , even Div 1?

seafoid

Quote from: Rossfan on April 20, 2015, 02:03:25 PM
Yes. A shiny cupeen is always nice but who remembers League winners , even Div 1?
http://www.monaghangaa.ie/history/roll-of-honours/

Lar Naparka

Ross, what's the general mood in the county?
Optimistic or not?
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

Syferus

Quote from: Lar Naparka on April 20, 2015, 11:15:52 PM
Ross, what's the general mood in the county?
Optimistic or not?

I don't think we've thought enough about this game enough to be either. Will be nice to get a look at three of our league opponents next season.

Rossfan

Not much thoughts yet as we come down from AI semi final mode.
It's a sort of a day out as a reward for promotion with a cupeen thrown in if ya manage to score more than the opposition.

Down Follower

Quote from: SHEEDY on April 19, 2015, 12:39:48 PM
Quote from: Dubh driocht on April 19, 2015, 08:36:25 AM
The defeat to Tyrone will be a tough one for Roscommon and it will indeed be interesting to see how Evans responds. I would start Murtagh if he's fit as he is quality, and caused Down serious problems in Newry, and Smith is also worth his place.
The Down team I would pick is as follows;
Kane
Deserves his place but Cunningham and Gordon both did well and we're well served when Harrison isn't even in the squad
O'Hagan, Howard, Turley
These guys have everything except a bit of height- and we will need this against Kilbride . Collins is cut from the same cloth and while it won't happen, I would love to see Big Dan in a red and black shirt this year.
McArdle, McKernan, McGovern While Benny didn't get as much game-time as the two Burren men, he is still a quality player who I would start. McKernan is almost at his peak and is all-star material if we get a good run. McGovern never less than 7 out of 10 every game.
Turley and Mallon
Pete has more than filled the considerable gap left by King while Mallon's athleticism should curb the influence of the Shines
Maginn, Madine, Carr Maginn is a manager's dream, does everything you ask and has a knack of being in the right place at the right time. Madine is a serious physical presence in a light team and while he might still not be fully fit, he was our main man in the early league games. Carr is top quality and again brings physicality in what will be a physical battle.
Poland, Laverty, O'Hare Mark got better over the campaign, Laverty was consistently excellent and Donal is a prolific scorer especially when the confidence is up.
It's a bit harsh on Devlin and Mc Conville not to start but I would bring both on at some stage, along with the Johnstones and Conor Garvey.

The team I think Jim will pick- subject to availability is;
Kane
O'Hagan Howard D Turley
O'Hanlon McKernan McGovern
P Turley and Devlin
J Johnstone Poland Maginn
McConville Laverty O'Hare.

mccorry has a big decision to make with kevin mckernan. hes got 2 black cards so far, if he gets another in the league final he would miss the derry match.

Mooney to start?