19   Ryan Mc Anespie
20   Paudie Mc Kenna
21   Dick Clerkin
22   Gavin Doogan
23   Thomas Kerr
24   Shane Carey
25   Stephen Gollogly
26   Daniel McKenna

Colin Walshe still not named in the subs. I was watching him during the warm up last Sunday and thought he was still a bit gingerly on the turn.. Yet, the lads behind me were saying he's ready to go?

I'd like to see Doogan get some game time. I don't think McAdam offers enough and thought he was well out of his depth last week. I'm not sure if Clerkin has the fitness but he might be a better option either to physically compete with the Dubs in mid-field, for 45-50 mins anyway.

I think all Monaghan fans want to see a performance and the intensity levels we know are achievable by the team, as they were well off the pace last week in my humble opinion.

Looking forward to it all the same; it's not every year you get to a division 1 league semi final in Croker, against the Dubs..

Bingo

Absolutely nothing to gain from playing Walshe at any stage in this game after his injury and lay off.

Cavan game is six weeks away. Let him play a few club games if he is needing fitness closer the time but throwing back into a game V Dublin in Croke Park would be unfair on him.

twohands!!!

Quote from: GrandMasterFlash on April 10, 2015, 04:13:58 PM
Colin Walshe still not named in the subs. I was watching him during the warm up last Sunday and thought he was still a bit gingerly on the turn.. Yet, the lads behind me were saying he's ready to go?

I'd like to see Doogan get some game time. I don't think McAdam offers enough and thought he was well out of his depth last week. I'm not sure if Clerkin has the fitness but he might be a better option either to physically compete with the Dubs in mid-field, for 45-50 mins anyway.

I think all Monaghan fans want to see a performance and the intensity levels we know are achievable by the team, as they were well off the pace last week in my humble opinion.

Looking forward to it all the same; it's not every year you get to a division 1 league semi final in Croker, against the Dubs..

Can't help but think the team naming was a copy and paste job from last week's lineup by whoever was left behind to mind the store while the team went off on the training camp.

As you say a decent performance is the key, especially after last week.

Main Street

Quote from: Johnnybegood on April 08, 2015, 08:19:11 AM
Quote from: Hill16 Blues on April 08, 2015, 12:10:53 AM
Quote from: Maguire01 on April 07, 2015, 10:03:33 AM
Did anyone get a clear view on Dessie Mone's black card? Thought he was on for a free and really surprised when the card was shown. Did he pull his man down with him?

Was sitting right beside it. Mone grabbed Flynn around the neck and pulled him down as Flynn tried to tackle him. Silly thing to do by Mone and certainly free for Dublin. Don't really see how ref awarded black card for it though.
intentional pull down = black card
He was just (intentionally) getting his retaliation in first.

heffo

GrandMasterFlash

Quote from: heffo on April 10, 2015, 10:19:46 PM
How did the Monaghan lads get on in Lanzarote?

Not sure, but the Monaghan team and management were in Portugal and had fierce craic altogether; blocked every night apparently.

Main Street

If we manage to hit a purple patch, scoring  from those many long range shots on goal, over the heads of those 14 or so reluctant Dubs who didn't set themselves out to be in that part of the pitch at all,  that might go a long way to reducing the scoreboard gap.

However we  won't sully the Dubs again by referring to their blanket defence, instead we can refer to it as the inadvertent defence.

Wildweasel74

some laugh if Monaghan beat the dubs in croker the mor, after 2 hammerings Dublin will be going in overconfident, though a weeks heavy training wouldn't have done Monaghan any favours

Johnnybegood

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on April 11, 2015, 11:14:59 PM
some laugh if Monaghan beat the dubs in croker the mor, after 2 hammerings Dublin will be going in overconfident, though a weeks heavy training wouldn't have done Monaghan any favours
hopes and excuses combo?

Zulu

Changes to Monaghan Team: 23 Thomas Kerr for 3 Drew Wylie and 19 Ryan McAnespie for 13 Dermot Malone

Zulu

TEAM NEWS:

david byrne starts for O'Carroll

kevin mc starts for bernard brogan

Maguire01

Quote from: Zulu on April 12, 2015, 03:54:52 PM
Changes to Monaghan Team: 23 Thomas Kerr for 3 Drew Wylie and 19 Ryan McAnespie for 13 Dermot Malone
Those changes don't help our physical presence.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Maguire01 on April 12, 2015, 04:00:38 PM
Quote from: Zulu on April 12, 2015, 03:54:52 PM
Those changes don't help our physical presence.

It's broken :)
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

twohands!!!

Dublin shot 9 from 19 while Monaghan shot 7 from 11 in that half.