An Mhí vs An Cabhán, An Uaimh, De Domnaigh. 3pm

Started by thejuice, March 31, 2015, 01:11:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

giveballaghback

How would the Cavan Meath be the biggest game in div 2 today leastestslasher, every game is of equal importance today for different reasons or is it that yere counties are just more important than the rest, fairly typical s... from yere part of the country.

Itchy

I'm sure he meant 2nd buggest after the Roscommon game which is not only the biggest game in Div2, but also the mist important game in Ireland today if not the whole world. Sep Blatter might even say the Roscommon game is the most important in the universe today.

macdanger2

Quote from: Itchy on April 05, 2015, 09:01:47 AM
Going to be perfect conditions today. Much has been made of the breffni park pitch playing slowly and the fact Navan is faster surface, if this is true then conditions should suit Cavan who have pace around the pitch. With Argue and Hayes also available we now have the possibility to mix it up in the full forward line too.

Is there such thing as a fast or slow GAA pitch? If there is, then I'm pretty sure I've only played on slow pitches  ;D

Itchy

Quote from: macdanger2 on April 05, 2015, 12:03:55 PM
Quote from: Itchy on April 05, 2015, 09:01:47 AM
Going to be perfect conditions today. Much has been made of the breffni park pitch playing slowly and the fact Navan is faster surface, if this is true then conditions should suit Cavan who have pace around the pitch. With Argue and Hayes also available we now have the possibility to mix it up in the full forward line too.

Is there such thing as a fast or slow GAA pitch? If there is, then I'm pretty sure I've only played on slow pitches  ;D

There was a piece in the Anglo Celt 2 weeks ago. Basically drainage on breffni is poor when local river backs up and some type of grass that kills bounce on the ball. That piece interviewed a few players from past teams who mostly agreed. Whether there us truth in it or not I couldn't say

mylestheslasher

Quote from: giveballaghback on April 05, 2015, 09:49:14 AM
How would the Cavan Meath be the biggest game in div 2 today leastestslasher, every game is of equal importance today for different reasons or is it that yere counties are just more important than the rest, fairly typical s... from yere part of the country.

2nd and 3rd in the table, historical big rivals and both with a very good chance of going up if they win.

Hardy

Keogan out. Also Menton and Wallace. In - Dalton, O'Rourke and Newman.

Hardy

Meath are not playing well "at all at all" - Brendan Cummins.

Cavan 0-4
Meath 0-2
20 mins.

Hardy

Hardy

Hardy

Hardy

Hardy

Hardy

Full time
Meath 0-14
Cavan 0-12

But we have successfully avoided promotion.

thejuice

It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

comeysfield

At game thought the standard was poor enough not sure either team will bother anybody in the championship. But, then it is all on the day ..................  How neither team could finish was a mystery to me