Maigh Eo v Dun na nGall, Pairc Mhic Eil, 5ú Aibrean @ 1500

Started by macdanger2, March 30, 2015, 09:43:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

From the Bunker

Quote from: BluestackBoy on April 05, 2015, 06:00:36 PM
Quote from: Zulu on April 05, 2015, 05:39:35 PM
Quote from: J70 on April 05, 2015, 04:05:24 PM
MAyo 0-9 Donegal 1-5

McBrearty goal disallowed for a push. Mayo take lead and have scored last 5 points.

Very soft, nothing in it that I could see anyway.

Me neither.

Ah, its was a push.  But 9  out of 10 times it would be got away with.

twohands!!!

Very little love or even like between Mayo and Donegal anyway

twohands!!!

The defending for the Donegal goal was super-chronic by Mayo.

BluestackBoy

Quote from: twohands!!! on April 05, 2015, 06:05:40 PM
Aye, very niggly game, does away with the notion that Donegal are useless without Murphy. Neil Gallagher didn't play either.
For what shall it profit a man if he gains the whole world & loses his soul.

Zulu

Mayo really should have won that game when they were a point up with 2 minutes left and two very decent chances to break up the field for scores.

joemamas

Just finished watching deferred coverage.
Sick.
will hold off any any individual comments till I cool down

twohands!!!

Quote from: BluestackBoy on April 05, 2015, 06:10:11 PM
Aye, very niggly game, does away with the notion that Donegal are useless without Murphy. Neil Gallagher didn't play either.

McBrearty and MacNiallias in particular stepped up in Murphy's absence - they got 1-6 out of Donegal's 1-9

Donegal really missed Gallagher around the middle of the park.

Whitnail

Put all the youngsters on against cork , I think some of the lads looked completely spent in that 2nd half & I'm not sure what good a potential league final would do them .

McNialias & Mcglynn were good , as was I think Aiden o'shea for Mayo, man's a bloody tank.

BluestackBoy

Quote from: twohands!!! on April 05, 2015, 06:30:10 PM
Quote from: BluestackBoy on April 05, 2015, 06:10:11 PM

McBrearty and MacNiallias in particular stepped up in Murphy's absence - they got 1-6 out of Donegal's 1-9

Donegal really missed Gallagher around the middle of the park.

McBrearty & McNiallis have been playing well all year, if Mark McHugh can get his form back we will be in good shape.

From the Bunker

Ah, Division One status maintained. Out of the knock-out part of the League and that's no harm either. Donegal lucky to get enough time from the referee to get the equaliser. But in fairness to Donegal they stuck at it and got it! Another win lost at the death, getting to be a bit of a habit. Would not get over worried about anything today. A lot of good and a lot of bad. I doubt Kerry teams in the past got over excited about such thing happening to them in the league?

ballinaman

No game for 11 weeks now or something.
Lack of killer instinct is getting ridiculous.
Either fall over the line or get done 9 times out of 10.

BluestackBoy

Quote from: From the Bunker on April 05, 2015, 06:44:11 PM
Ah, Division One status maintained. Out of the knock-out part of the League and that's no harm either. Donegal lucky to get enough time from the referee to get the equaliser. But in fairness to Donegal they stuck at it and got it! Another win lost at the death, getting to be a bit of a habit. Would not get over worried about anything today. A lot of good and a lot of bad. I doubt Kerry teams in the past got over excited about such thing happening to them in the league?

Agreed bunker, I didn't see us getting anything out of this game with the championship against Tyrone only 6 weeks away.

Still, now that we are here, I'm looking forward to next Sunday.

Conallach

Quite a bad tempered wee match, probably could have been better officiated but sure that's how it goes.

Draw was a fair result really, I don't think either team will be too worked up about it. Mayo were ok, little bit wasteful, but I'm sure that having Cillian O'Connor back will help with that.

Moran, McGlynn, MacNiallais, Both Ó Sé's and McBrearty were really good.

I've no real interest in seeing Donegal go much further, would prefer if Rory sent a few of the lads needing game time out next week against Cork, the like of Thompson, O'Connor, or Eoin McHugh.

BluestackBoy

Quote from: Conallach on April 05, 2015, 06:51:01 PM
Quite a bad tempered wee match, probably could have been better officiated but sure that's how it goes.

Draw was a fair result really, I don't think either team will be too worked up about it. Mayo were ok, little bit wasteful, but I'm sure that having Cillian O'Connor back will help with that.

I've no real interest in seeing Donegal go much further, would prefer if Rory sent a few of the lads needing game time out next week against Cork, the like of Thompson, O'Connor, or Eoin McHugh.

I hear what you're saying but I don't think there is much point in going to Croke Park to lose either.

Two games in Croke Park against top quality opposition might be as good a way to prepare for Tyrone as anything else.

StephenC

Quote from: BluestackBoy on April 05, 2015, 06:57:31 PM
Quote from: Conallach on April 05, 2015, 06:51:01 PM

I hear what you're saying but I don't think there is much point in going to Croke Park to lose either.

Two games in Croke Park against top quality opposition might be as good a way to prepare for Tyrone as anything else.

Ha. 2 games? Don't we have to win the first one? :D

Extremely disappointed that the U21s were played the whole game. They have a huge game coming up and the way tackles were flying around at the end, could easily have picked up injuries.

Some of our decision making was terrible - taking the ball into contact (Karl! Sort it out) and getting pinned at the sideline. If Mayo had a left footed free-taker or had the eyes in, we would have been beaten comfortably.

Great crowd at it and lovely weather.