Maigh Eo v Dun na nGall, Pairc Mhic Eil, 5ú Aibrean @ 1500

Started by macdanger2, March 30, 2015, 09:43:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Farrandeelin

It would be a bad sign to lose your last 3 league games regardless of the venues.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

moysider

True, but the only alarming performance was Dublin. That was inexcusable.
People make excuses for us beating Kerry and Monaghan but we played very well in those matches. The Tyrone game wasn t great but it was tactics that did for us and not effort. Has also to be remembered that we ve been trying things and unsettled so overall our position isn t too bad if we can beat Donegal.

The latest is that Seamie and Diarmuid O Connor are doubtful for Sunday, while Barrett, Cunniffe and Cillian defo ruled out.
T'would have been nice to see Tom and Seamie get a run together before championship.

Nihilist

Quote from: moysider on March 31, 2015, 06:21:52 PM

True, but the only alarming performance was Dublin. That was inexcusable.
People make excuses for us beating Kerry and Monaghan but we played very well in those matches. The Tyrone game wasn t great but it was tactics that did for us and not effort. Has also to be remembered that we ve been trying things and unsettled so overall our position isn t too bad if we can beat Donegal.

The latest is that Seamie and Diarmuid O Connor are doubtful for Sunday, while Barrett, Cunniffe and Cillian defo ruled out.
T'would have been nice to see Tom and Seamie get a run together before championship.

They could if we beat Donegal....

Nihilist

Quote from: twohands!!! on March 31, 2015, 05:09:53 PM

Seriously though I would be very shocked if Mayo didnt win.
Of course I have been wrong before, but I think it would be a very bad sign of Mayo if the only home game they won out of 4 in the league was the Monaghan self-explosion.

So you're putting your house and personal reputation on Mayo for this one. We're currently 4/7 so if you have a half decent place you should get a nice shed outta it.

twohands!!!

Quote from: Nihilist on March 31, 2015, 06:35:32 PM
Quote from: twohands!!! on March 31, 2015, 05:09:53 PM

Seriously though I would be very shocked if Mayo didnt win.
Of course I have been wrong before, but I think it would be a very bad sign of Mayo if the only home game they won out of 4 in the league was the Monaghan self-explosion.

So you're putting your house and personal reputation on Mayo for this one. We're currently 4/7 so if you have a half decent place you should get a nice shed outta it.

Not putting the house on it but my put the shed.....so I would probably end up with a nice sized dog kennel??

Nihilist

I think Donegal will be very tough to beat. That result last Sunday was indicative of it. People say Tyrone are rubbish etc. or are on the way out. But that's simply not giving enough credit to Donegal.

Now maybe they won't take Sunday as seriously but I'm pretty sure they are not going out to deliberately throw the game. There's a good bit of competition up there now for places on that team so fellas will be going out to impress.

larryin89

Chrikey  you'd have to fancy us to do the business here. A murphyless Donegal is a limited Donegal.
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

Nihilist

Quote from: larryin89 on April 01, 2015, 10:54:59 PM
Chrikey  you'd have to fancy us to do the business here. A murphyless Donegal is a limited Donegal.

Well so far we beat a Kerry team minus Donaghy and only back a week from holidays. Also we beat Monaghan who had 2 men stupidly sent off and we beat Derry who everyone else has also beaten. In the middle of that we got out smarted at home by Tyrone, annihilated by Dublin at home and were unlucky away against a Cork team missing key players and already qualified for the semis.
I know Div1 is tough but overall it's not exactly what you could call a convincing campaign.

Farrandeelin

macdanger started the Dublin and Cork threads. If we lose this, we know who to blame ;)
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

moysider

Quote from: Nihilist on April 01, 2015, 11:21:06 PM
Quote from: larryin89 on April 01, 2015, 10:54:59 PM
[/quote author]

Ah lads, ye are both wrong  ;D

Gallagher a doubt as well for Donegal. But even missing both they are far from limited. Then there is another angle. Both Mayo and Donegal know they have to get walloped to be relegated. Unlikely either will let that happen. I know I m risking a batin here from Donegals but think it more likely that, under the circumstances, Mayo would be more likely to cut loose a bit, if we were let.But that is unlikely to happen.  I expect Donegal to play it real tight tbh. That will give them a good chance to win the game and if they dont win it will mean they are not dragged into the relegation pit.

Well so far we beat a Kerry team minus Donaghy and only back a week from holidays. Also we beat Monaghan who had 2 men stupidly sent off and we beat Derry who everyone else has also beaten. In the middle of that we got out smarted at home by Tyrone, at home and were unlucky away against a Cork team missing key players and already qualified for the semis.
I know Div1 is tough but overall it's not exactly what you could call a convincing campaign.

unlucky away against a Cork team missing key players and already qualified for the semis.

Who were they missing again?
We were the team missing players. We were missing Barrett, Cunniffe, Seamie and Cillian!
Before last Sunday we ve also been missing Tom Parsons since about 2009 :o

Honestly Nihalist, you re wrecking my head, undermining the efforts of a team that has been wrecking my head forever ;D

[Well so far we beat a Kerry team minus Donaghy and only back a week from holidays.[/b]

Brilliant - they ve the year long for going on holidays. What excuse did they have for losing to Monaghan last weekend? Great away win for Mayo.

Also we beat Monaghan who had 2 men stupidly sent off

They weren t stupidly sent off. They thought we were a soft touch and started acting the man. When they were outplayed they lost it. They should have finished with 12. For some reason the ref and his officials did not seemed to mind being verbally abused by these boys.

got out smarted at home by Tyrone,

Very true, but Pateen had never come across a defensive side before so .... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

annihilated by Dublin

We were a disgrace.

cuconnacht

Quote from: Farrandeelin on April 01, 2015, 11:38:38 PM
macdanger started the Dublin and Cork threads. If we lose this, we know who to blame ;)
Too true,too true.And he took job himself inspite of the fact there were many other candidates,accordin to some much more qualified and experiened for the position.We are watchin! "Judges"? ;D ;D ;D

macdanger2

Quote from: cuconnacht on April 02, 2015, 01:58:05 PM
Too true,too true.And he took job himself inspite of the fact there were many other candidates,accordin to some much more qualified and experiened for the position.We are watchin! "Judges"? ;D ;D ;D

Jesus, the knives are out before we've been beat at all. You can be sure I won't be getting the credit if we send Donegal back to the hills emptyhanded  ;D

Lar Naparka

Quote from: macdanger2 on April 02, 2015, 02:42:30 PM
Quote from: cuconnacht on April 02, 2015, 01:58:05 PM

Jesus, the knives are out before we've been beat at all. You can be sure I won't be getting the credit if we send Donegal back to the hills emptyhanded  ;D

Nah, I'm never confident of any game unless Farr starts the thread and predicts a ten-point hiding at the very least. Then and only then will I breathe a bit easier. ;D
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

twohands!!!

Both Ryan McHugh and Hugh McFadden played the full game in Donegal's U21 game last night. Eoin McHugh and Darach O'Connor alsp featured but they haven't been as important as the other two in terms of the senior team.
The Ulster U21 final is on next Wednesday so it will be interesting to see how much the U21s will be involved Sunday.

cuconnacht

Quote from: twohands!!! on April 02, 2015, 05:06:48 PM
Both Ryan McHugh and Hugh McFadden played the full game in Donegal's U21 game last night. Eoin McHugh and Darach O'Connor alsp featured but they haven't been as important as the other two in terms of the senior team.
The Ulster U21 final is on next Wednesday so it will be interesting to see how much the U21s will be involved Sunday.
Not a hope in hells chance of any of them toggin out sunday.To all intents and purposes its a dead rubber,theres no ten point plus turnover here,nothing much to gain for either side and lot to risk if they decide "lets go donnybrook".Ye have an ulster title focus and we don't need to add to our already numerous walkin wounded list.