Tyrone v Kerry The Easter Relegator, how the mighty have fallen..

Started by rrhf, March 29, 2015, 05:20:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ONeill

Mickey has a knack of reacting well to bad days.

When were Kerry last not in the top division?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Seamus

Quote from: ONeill on March 29, 2015, 11:03:21 PM
Mickey has a knack of reacting well to bad days.

When were Kerry last not in the top division?

2002, also Gooch's senior debut.
"I wish I could inspire the same confidence in the truth which is so readily accorded to lies".

Archie Mitchell

Am I right in saying if Tyrone win by 2 points or more means Kerry are relegated? What if it is a 1 point victory for Tyrone and point difference is level between the 2?

J70

Quote from: Archie Mitchell on March 29, 2015, 11:56:22 PM
Am I right in saying if Tyrone win by 2 points or more means Kerry are relegated? What if it is a 1 point victory for Tyrone and point difference is level between the 2?

Barring an outlandish result in the Mayo v Donegal game, yes, 2 point Tyrone win relegates Kerry.

Fuzzman

Have I missed something or why are so many of ye saying MAYBE this is Mickey's last year?
I thought his term is up this year and I can't see him being offered a new contract.
I'm not being harsh or disrespectful but is that not the current view or are we not allowed to actually say it?

I have not seen/read any of the game yesterday but I have been impressed how well Mickey has them playing against Dublin and Cork. I think we've been the third best team in Ulster for a few years now and I really can't see that changing this year. I do however expect a good run in the qualifiers and if we fan avoid Cork/Kerry then a quarterfinal place.
Sadly I think Kerry will beat us in this game unless we really raise our game

blanketattack

Quote from: Archie Mitchell on March 29, 2015, 11:56:22 PM

Kerry's points difference is 3 better than Tyrone's hence 1 pt Tyrone win keeps Kerry ahead, 2 pt win puts Tyrone ahead.

If Donegal and Mayo draw, 1 pt win will be enough for Tyrone to stay up

AZOffaly

Quote from: Fuzzman on March 30, 2015, 09:09:57 AM
Have I missed something or why are so many of ye saying MAYBE this is Mickey's last year?
I thought his term is up this year and I can't see him being offered a new contract.
I'm not being harsh or disrespectful but is that not the current view or are we not allowed to actually say it?

I have not seen/read any of the game yesterday but I have been impressed how well Mickey has them playing against Dublin and Cork. I think we've been the third best team in Ulster for a few years now and I really can't see that changing this year. I do however expect a good run in the qualifiers and if we fan avoid Cork/Kerry then a quarterfinal place.

Offered a new contract? Ye have contracts?

I think this is Mickey's last year with Tyrone. Be funny if he went and took over Derry or something and led them to a title.

50fiftyball

I hope Mickey can get the boys together to muster up every ounce of football/energy the have in them to give it a good rattle.

Going to be a tasty clash, Kerry undoubtedly the better footballing team, although we've never seen Tyrone try to play good football in this campaign yet.

I really do fear the Donaghy tactic against our defence though, feel Ronan McNamee would struggle against the long ball in from Moran and the likes.

LeoMc

Maybe they will offer him a new contract.
Maybe he will have a good year
Maybe there will be not better applicants when the time comes.

yellowcard

So in effect you are saying you think that youse will sack Harte at the end of the season? A triple All Ireland winning manager. That would indicate that youse believe that Tyrone are underachieving. How about the fact that the players simply are not there any more.

illdecide

Yellowcard I've been saying that for a while now (not winding up this time), If Tyrone supporters think by sacking Micky and bring in another manager will turn things around for them then they're crazy...Tyrone were a great team and won 3 All Irelands with a top manager but the quality of player is just not there compared to the players you have had. You'll just have to re-build like the rest of us...deal with it.

Sacking Micky will actually weaken you further (my opinion)
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

stew

Quote from: illdecide on March 30, 2015, 03:42:16 PM
Yellowcard I've been saying that for a while now (not winding up this time), If Tyrone supporters think by sacking Micky and bring in another manager will turn things around for them then they're crazy...Tyrone were a great team and won 3 All Irelands with a top manager but the quality of player is just not there compared to the players you have had. You'll just have to re-build like the rest of us...deal with it.

100% agree, that would be madness!

Sadly I think Tyrone will keep him.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Maguire01

Quote from: illdecide on March 30, 2015, 03:42:16 PM

Surely there comes a time when the need to freshen things up though?

rrhf

If Tyrone manage to stay up it will be a very decent spring. If they manage to bate done gal in may. The managerial debate should be filed under not for the foreseeable. 

Fuzzman

Well said rrhf. I shouldn't have brought it up on this thread.
His current term ends this year though so it's hardly sacking.

Yeah Donaghy would love to send us down I think.
Justy would probably pick him up.