Tyrone v Kerry The Easter Relegator, how the mighty have fallen..

Started by rrhf, March 29, 2015, 05:20:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BennyHarp

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on April 03, 2015, 03:49:37 AM
I think Kerry circa 2002-2008 had better players than Tyrone. Seamus Moynihan, Darragh O'Se, Mike FranK Russell...etc I honestly cant think of any players on the Tyrone side that were their equal.Tyrone won mainly because of the system they played to.

What do you think  Ciarrai_thuaidh ? which players would you trade ?

Mike Frank Russell wouldn't have gotten within an asses roar of the Tyrone full forward line in 2005. I certainly wouldn't have been giving up Stephen O'Neill, Peter Canavan or Mugsy for him. Tyrone won mainly because firstly, they had better players. Secondly, that Kerry team had balls the size of peanuts when the pressure was cranked up in big games. And thirdly 3 different Kerry managers and the players didn't have the intelligence to work out Tyrone's tactics over a 5-6 year period. That's the reality Mikey boy!
That was never a square ball!!

ose 14

when you look at both teams you have to say like the cork game when the fat is in the fire the only player we can bring on to change a game is ronan o neill, the rest are as weak a squad as ive ever seen. the kerry bench by the other hand wow(minus o donohue and the geaneys) that will be the difference in this game unfortunately. mickey harte cannot be blamed for the paucity of talent currently within the county, there are very few not in the panel. dropping down next year into div 2 whilst unwelcome will not be a disaster. winning u21s on wed night is more important than beating kerry on sunday in my humble view. i think we are three years away from challenging again and harte is the right man for the job to get us to that point. however what devlin brings to the party is beyond me and as yet peter donnelly has not proved the revolutionary he was touted as. tyrone still dont have the upper body strength required as evidenced by last sunday or are they able to transition from all out defence to supporting the attack for 70 mins despite undergoing the most stringent and intensive fitness training allegedly that they have ever done (now 6 months)??????.

rrhf

Great to see the Gooch back and the galvinator too. Looking forward to this.. get behind mix key and the lads for 1 last push.  If we go to 2 it's because we deserve it.

nrico2006

Quote from: ose 14 on April 03, 2015, 07:20:16 AM
when you look at both teams you have to say like the cork game when the fat is in the fire the only player we can bring on to change a game is ronan o neill, the rest are as weak a squad as ive ever seen. the kerry bench by the other hand wow(minus o donohue and the geaneys) that will be the difference in this game unfortunately. mickey harte cannot be blamed for the paucity of talent currently within the county, there are very few not in the panel. dropping down next year into div 2 whilst unwelcome will not be a disaster. winning u21s on wed night is more important than beating kerry on sunday in my humble view. i think we are three years away from challenging again and harte is the right man for the job to get us to that point. however what devlin brings to the party is beyond me and as yet peter donnelly has not proved the revolutionary he was touted as. tyrone still dont have the upper body strength required as evidenced by last sunday or are they able to transition from all out defence to supporting the attack for 70 mins despite undergoing the most stringent and intensive fitness training allegedly that they have ever done (now 6 months)??????.

I don't think you are going to see the benefit of Peter Donnelly's work for a while yet, the man has only been in the post a lock of months.  I don't think Harte is the right man though, but I do agree with you that the u-21s is important.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Up The Middle

Tyrone have been 3 years away from challanging for this past 6 years. Seriously, you are going to blame Peter Donnelly, imo you wont notice the benefis of his work for maybe another year. Everyone is too blame only Mickey. When exactly will Mickey have questions to answer for the teams performances over this past number of years. He is the one who comes up with the gameplans i assume. Is horse not a trainer, fitness doesnt look like the problem, its a total lack of tactical awareness in the big games, constantly out thought over this past few years and i dont see it being any different this season.
I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany.

Man Marker

The naivety in this post just goes to show, if needed that any imbecile can make a contribution. The reason why Tyrone are physically behind Donegal is because our manager fell asleep at the wheel, and whilst counties like Donegal were implementing modern S & C training plans, our manager hadn't a clue about it, and what's worst hadn't the modesty to acknowledge he didn't know. Queue, a number of years latter when it became so obvious, even the dogs on the street could see that physically we were been out muscled. Also if you knew anything about S&C development, it takes times time, unless of course your advocating that our players take steroids, Are you ? But in your absolute ignorance, blame Donnelly. On a side note, big week for Tyrone football, a massive week infact, well our manager hasn't been at one training session this week. I have no idea why, nor do I need to know. I am going to conclude there is a very good reason for it, as I wouldn't for one minute question his commitment.

clarshack

Quote from: BennyHarp on April 03, 2015, 06:52:34 AM
I think Kerry circa 2002-2008 had better players than Tyrone. Seamus Moynihan, Darragh O'Se, Mike FranK Russell...etc I honestly cant think of any players on the Tyrone side that were their equal.Tyrone won mainly because of the system they played to.

What do you think  Ciarrai_thuaidh ? which players would you trade ?

Mike Frank Russell wouldn't have gotten within an asses roar of the Tyrone full forward line in 2005. I certainly wouldn't have been giving up Stephen O'Neill, Peter Canavan or Mugsy for him. Tyrone won mainly because firstly, they had better players. Secondly, that Kerry team had balls the size of peanuts when the pressure was cranked up in big games. And thirdly 3 different Kerry managers and the players didn't have the intelligence to work out Tyrone's tactics over a 5-6 year period. That's the reality Mikey boy!

in 2003 and 2005 tyrone had better players all round, however in 2008 from positions 8-15 only enda mcginley, brian dooher & sean cavanagh would have made the kerry team imo, yet tyrone still won as the whole was greater than the sum of its parts that particular year.

Mikhailov

Peter Donnelly is only in the door so how anyone can blame his work is beyond belief. It will take minimum 2 years to see full benefits but IMO it is obvious from the U'21 performances in last 2 games that he is having a positive effect. They look strong, have upper body strength, well conditioned and able to take and give hits for 60 minutes allied with a strong running game so there is clear evidence that Donnelly is doing good work. However, we have been that far behind the big teams in this area at senior level that he has a lot of ground to make up and it will take a few seasons to get there. We have been poor for 5 seasons now so ultimately the blame lies with MH, no one else!!!. No apparent game plan, chopping and changing from attacking to defending style of play with no end results. Yes, we need to have Plan A and Plan B and possibly Plan C but we seem to jump from one to the other and still no positive impact - players seem lost, short of ideas and most importantly and worryingly show a lack of interest and desire which are basic requirements. Sunday will tell a tale and I hope sincerely we come out the right side of the result or it could be a short summer

cuconnacht

Quote from: Aaron Boone on March 29, 2015, 07:01:12 PM
Has to be on TG4's radar.
Setanta had the rights to the league again this year but nothing listed for sunday .Gaa beo have as you predicted  a live game and a defferred1 but of course don't say which ones!Given theres only one show in town this weekend , youd imagine its TY v KY ,can any one confirm this;also anthing of the Ulster under21being shown ala bbc2ni etc,(cant get their listins atall)looks a good game as well.

Tubberman

Quote from: cuconnacht on April 03, 2015, 09:47:34 AM
Setanta had the rights to the league again this year but nothing listed for sunday .Gaa beo have as you predicted  a live game and a defferred1 but of course don't say which ones!Given theres only one show in town this weekend , youd imagine its TY v KY ,can any one confirm this;also anthing of the Ulster under21being shown ala bbc2ni etc,(cant get their listins atall)looks a good game as well.

I think I saw on twitter that the TG4 live game is Maigh Eo v Dún na nGall
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

ose 14

re p donnelly im not blaming him just questioning the hubris and hullabaloo that surrounds him, what im saying is hes training a county team ffs. all fit to start with majority of them u25 and hes progressed them about 0.1 of an inch. no pace anywhere and no strength you tell me, hes been in place 6 months, collective training started on the ist of october whispers abound they had programmes before that. not impressed especially when its a  paid post. donegal pushed us about like ragdolls. do you lads see any difference in terms of conditioning i dont. any muppet could condition an u 21 team feel mr donnelly seriously over hyped interesting that terry hyland wasnt screaming to keep him. jobs for the boys doesent mean best man for the job. we have been seriously leggy in the second half of every game this season which is surprising with all this training going on. specificity or quantity.

StephenC

Quote from: Tubberman on April 03, 2015, 09:52:04 AM
Quote from: cuconnacht on April 03, 2015, 09:47:34 AM

I think I saw on twitter that the TG4 live game is Maigh Eo v Dún na nGall

Thought I saw that it was the deferred game??

Maguire01

Even if that was true (and it isn't), it's totally irrelevant. Football is a team sport. It's about the sum of the parts.

rrhf

Man marker can you consider removing the last part of your post. Thanks

Ciarrai_thuaidh

Quote from: Man Marker on April 03, 2015, 09:36:14 AM

The naivety in this post just goes to show, if needed that any imbecile can make a contribution. The reason why Tyrone are physically behind Donegal is because our manager fell asleep at the wheel, and whilst counties like Donegal were implementing modern S & C training plans, our manager hadn't a clue about it, and what's worst hadn't the modesty to acknowledge he didn't know. Queue, a number of years latter when it became so obvious, even the dogs on the street could see that physically we were been out muscled. Also if you knew anything about S&C development, it takes times time, unless of course your advocating that our players take steroids, Are you ? But in your absolute ignorance, blame Donnelly. On a side note, big week for Tyrone football, a massive week infact, well our manager hasn't been at one training session this week. I have no idea why, nor do I need to know. I am going to conclude there is a very good reason for it, as I wouldn't for one minute question his commitment.

Hasn't been at training..at all?? What's the story there?
"Better to die on your feet,than live on your knees"...