Tyrone v Kerry The Easter Relegator, how the mighty have fallen..

Started by rrhf, March 29, 2015, 05:20:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: heganboy on April 05, 2015, 04:32:41 PM
Anyone else think the ref has been absolutely brutal today?
Terrible.
So inconsistent. Surely Morans late body check on colm cavanagh was a black card as well?not to mention the constant blocking of the runner he let them away with.
Aside from that he give a few dubious calls in both directions.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

heganboy

That was not an enjoyable watch by any means. Kerry's handling of the ball was poor by any standard. Kerry's taking down of the runner went unpunished the whole game. The flopping by both teams was horrible. The number of times fouls and cards were given on a no foul flop made for a very frustrating neutral observer. (Inasmuch as an Armagh man watching Tyrone can be neutral) you couldn't even say the ref was biased one way or another, just that he was very poor.
Also a question when did the number of steps rise to 15, and when did it become legal to lift the ball straight off the ground?
Brutal watching

Hopefully donegal and Mayo can save the day

Tyrone had the winning of that game and will not be happy with that result at all
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

Main Street

It was a ding dong, end to end game in the last 20 minutes, dare I say, even exciting. Not much in it at the end, maybe Tyrone paying a price for the ineffectual (all at sea) defending against Donaghy's aerial ability.

Aaron Boone

Kerry held the ball very well last 10 mins and the points from Maher/ Donaghy crucial. Tyrone go down drawing 3 games and beating Mayo.

Carmen Stateside

Division 2 for Tyrone.  But thats ok because they played decent for last 20 mins today.  ;D

twohands!!!

Quote from: Carmen Stateside on April 05, 2015, 05:01:51 PM
Division 2 for Tyrone.  But thats ok because they played decent for last 20 mins today.  ;D

Divison 2 next year - Tyrone, Derry, Fermanagh, Armagh, Cavan, Galway, Meath and Laois

Carmen Stateside

hopefully they play like they did in last 20 mins. Division 3 just around the corner

twohands!!!

Quote from: Carmen Stateside on April 05, 2015, 05:05:34 PM
hopefully they play like they did in last 20 mins. Division 3 just around the corner

Can see Division 2 being very similar to this year with lots of tight games in there.

theticklemister

God14

Can anyone tell me what's the story with Mickey O'Neill? Is he injured or what? I was suprised to see Jonny Curran back in nets today. However he had a good game.

Tyrone have the bare bones of a very good side, but definitely a few players short. Very little to come from the bench. We will need to keep all out best players fit.
Good spirited performance today, but the manner of the defeats to Monaghan and Donegal still haunts us. Still lack a killer instinct, and the dropped points v Dublin and Cork is what has relegated us.

tyroneman

Mystified as to why mcCurry pointed with us needing a goal. Crazy decision making.

Could at least have lobbed it into the square.

Conallach

Surprised by a couple of the comments above, I thought this was a really entertaining game. Some excellent scores kicked, plenty of excitement and tough play. Really enjoyed it.

Relegation's no disaster, Tyrone showed real signs of life today and this match will bring them on a lot, and was great preparation for the summer.

Lyne looks good for Kerry in the half-backs.

redzone

Quote from: Carmen Stateside on April 05, 2015, 05:05:34 PM
Bit lost by that comment. Want to explain

omagh_gael

Quote from: tyroneman on April 05, 2015, 06:48:33 PM
Mystified as to why mcCurry pointed with us needing a goal. Crazy decision making.

Could at least have lobbed it into the square.

We were a point down at that stage, so needed to score 4 to stay up. I am thinking McCurry took the easy point thinking about one last chance for goal afterwards.

Two evenly matched teams today, Kerry were ruthless when presented with a goal chance, we were toothless in front of goal. You'd have hoped for better with the two most experienced men on the park at the end of the move. Ah well, focus on Ballybofey now.

Well done Kerry.

An Watcher

Just seen the goal which was a bit fortuitous after such a fantastic block. Ah well div two it is