The official Eng-er-land thread

Started by T Fearon, March 27, 2015, 10:03:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deiseach

Good idea to corral all references to over-hyped tarts who will invariably let down their delusional fan base into one thread.

seafoid

Quote from: T Fearon on March 28, 2015, 08:40:56 AM
Hoddle had an outstanding career,England weren't exactly brilliant in his era,but the Spurs revival in the early 80s was largely attributable to him and Ardiles.

Seafoid Spurs posted outstanding financial results yesterday,are still regular Champions league places contenders and when the new stadium is built the increased revenue will further enhance the club.Harry will not be going anywhere anytime soon.
Tony

Just look at the system. Berbatov, Carrick,  Modric, Bale . Spurs is a feeder team. So is Liverpool  ;)

beer baron

Some would say United are a feeder club too if they were trying to stir the pot. Ronaldo, Pogba,Pique.

T Fearon

Would any player opt for any club in England currently,ahead of Barcelona, Real Madrid,assuming the same money was offered? I doubt it

beer baron

Quote from: T Fearon on March 28, 2015, 11:40:19 AM
Would any player opt for any club in England currently,ahead of Barcelona, Real Madrid,assuming the same money was offered? I doubt it

Maybe some would pick Chelsea. The Mourinho factor and a generally young side with improvement to come. Other than that I'd be surprised.

GJL

Quote from: deiseach on March 28, 2015, 08:54:29 AM
Good idea to corral all references to over-hyped tarts who will invariably let down their delusional fan base into one thread.

Sounds like the Liverpool thread!  :P

ONeill

England always seem to steamroll their qualification groups and then churn out horrible tournament performances.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

T Fearon

Just like Arsenal when they go into Champions League knockout stages  ;D

Jell 0 Biafra

Quote from: ONeill on March 28, 2015, 01:16:50 PM
England always seem to steamroll their qualification groups and then churn out horrible tournament performances.

A common problem for middling teams, with the gulf in quality between qualifying and finals.

deiseach

Quote from: GJL on March 28, 2015, 11:58:21 AM
Quote from: deiseach on March 28, 2015, 08:54:29 AM

Sounds like the Liverpool thread!  :P

Harsh but fair ;)

lynchbhoy

Ok it was only Lithuania- but looking at the england team - jeez there must be better english players than baines, delph, sterling...

I always liked carrick but he is going to be too old in next tournament.

I'm wondering if the English fa take their long term cohesive playing strategies from the Derry county board.
I just don't know why england are always so feckin bad. Hodgson doing a decent job in games but it looks like the media are picking his squads for him.

T Fearon

Andros Townsend! He's (also) one of our own!

Maroon Manc

Wellbeck has as many England caps as Carrick

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

T Fearon

Are you regressing? Hoddle hasn't played for England since the late 80s