Munster SFC Championship

Started by Dinny Breen, April 23, 2007, 09:27:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Now that the league is over who is going to win it?

Limerick
Kerry
Cork
Waterford
Tipperary
Clare

AZOffaly

Kerry Mike

As i can't vote for Kerry I am going for the Langers to win Munster again, and hopefully once they get a look at Croke Park the dose of the shits they usually get in August will return. There are many in the Kingdom who were pissed with Billy Morgans cynical comments last year so am looking forward to a clash with the langers if it happens this year.

As for us I am reasonably happy with the league form, we were not that far away from Donegal and Mayo even if we were not fully flying so we have room for improvement, once the pressure increases in championship time we should see the real Kerry.

I dont think there is too much to be read into any rumours, I have always felt that any training spats and a bit of skelping will do them no harm at this time of the year and if that includes any club rivalies so be it. Pat O'Shea will pick any Crokes player I believe on merit, there is much more that Crokes vanity to play for this year. To win back to back All Irelands is the goal and O'Shea has to be able to see that or he wont be in the job long.

The only players making the team will be Gooch and Brosnan and Brosnan will have ot fight for his inclusion, Cremin will not get a championship run unless Murphy is injured. Same goes for Kieran O'Leary, decent panel player but will not nail down a corner spot.

The captaincy is not an issue this year, if there is no South Kerry man on the team Darragh O'Se is the preferred South Kerry nomination to take over and its South Kerry's call, not managements. Crokes after getting the vice captaincy and one of their men to share lifting Sam last year will not get a similar generous offer this year given the reports after the county final last year, and I'd say there were few tears in South Kerry at their loss to Crossmaglen.

Limerick could be the real dark horses of the province, Mickey Ned got some good results in the league but there need more consistancy.

Speaking of consistancy the Langers went from the Brilliant to the useless and back again in the league and will need to to discover another scoring forward or two to progress. The big Cussen will be an option at full forward to win ball but he does not have the footballing skills yet to match and if they get Canty back at full back and Nicky Knees Murphy at midfield they will have a big strong spine that has the potential to damage most teams. I can see them winning Munster but does it matter if they cant convert that to All Ireland success.
2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

Mike Sheehy

QuoteUp North We always like to expose anything which might not be as it should be.

Yes, we have heard of the less well endowed flashers up North.

armaghniac

QuoteLike Armagh did last year?

In the second half of that game Kerry played the best football they had in years, showing that whatever difficulties they had were behind them. Had they been playing as they had against Cork, Armagh would have won the AI.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Mike Sheehy

QuoteIn the second half of that game Kerry played the best football they had in years, showing that whatever difficulties they had were behind them. Had they been playing as they had against Cork, Armagh would have won the AI.

or, maybe, just maybe, Cork were actually a better side than Armagh last year and, hence, provided a tougher challenge. Did that possibility even enter your head ?

armaghniac

Quoteor, maybe, just maybe, Cork were actually a better side than Armagh last year and, hence, provided a tougher challenge. Did that possibility even enter your head ?

yes, it entered my head, but I rejected it.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B