GAA General discussion Board

Started by Hereiam, March 25, 2015, 08:27:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

T Fearon

The debates about Clerical Abuse and Gay Marriage were topical and conducted with intellect and politeness for the most part.Amid the relevant individual threads about various soccer threads,and banalities like favourite strap lines from ads etc they were refreshing.

If anything the content is more diverse these days.

AZOffaly

Yeah, the more there is diverse it gets.

I'll get my foot.

BennyCake

Premier Emperor

How about banning religious discussion?

Maguire01

Quote from: Premier Emperor on March 27, 2015, 09:42:07 AM
How about banning religious discussion?
Why? Just avoid the threads you're not interested in. I'm not interested in soccer, so I avoid those threads... and they significantly outnumber those where religion is discussed.

Esmarelda

I'm relatively new to the board although I read it a lot before I first posted.

I find a lot of the debates informative. For example, the same-sex marriage thread was much more informative than any TV debate on the issue that I saw. Ditto the GAA coverage going to Sky Sports.

As I sad on one of my earliest posts, what takes away from the board is people concerned with being right rather than being informed. Also, personal abuse from an anonymous person behind a keyboard is similar to abusing a ref from the stand.

Premier Emperor

Quote from: Esmarelda on March 27, 2015, 10:19:34 AM
Also, personal abuse from an anonymous person behind a keyboard is similar to abusing a ref from the stand.
Abusing refs is an essential part of the GAA.

T Fearon

Like most I suspect, I spend a lot less time on here than I used to. I suppose that is down to the fact that as the years creep by, a certain amount of maturity (yes, even in my case) creeps in, and  things that exercised you in the past seem a lot less important as one gains an ever increasing sense of perspective.

There have been some informative debates recently and these have largely rancour free, which is not a bad thing in my opinion. Although I don't post nearly as often, there wouldn't be a day goes by that I don't dp in here to see what's going on.

ONeill

"Although I don't post nearly as often, there wouldn't be a day goes by that I don't dp"

Hmmm.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

T Fearon

Surely you deduced I inadvertently omitted an i in "dip"

foxcommander

Every second of the day there's a Democrat telling a lie

muppet

Quote from: T Fearon on March 27, 2015, 06:50:31 PM
Surely you deduced I inadvertently omitted an i in "dip"

"dip" is definitely a word I would associate with you.  :D
MWWSI 2017

T Fearon

Learn the correct spelling of definitely.

muppet

Quote from: T Fearon on March 27, 2015, 07:45:11 PM
Learn the correct spelling of definitely.

From the man who can't spell 'dip' and inappropriately uses inverted commas.
MWWSI 2017

Orior

Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians