Quickest GAA Sendings off

Started by Shamrock Shore, March 23, 2015, 07:57:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shamrock Shore

Having looked at the, ahem, other code, yesterday what is the quickest sending off you can recall?

Of course we will all have some mad schoolboy or Junior B yarns so let's restrict it to senior club or inter county.

Paudie should have been sent off in 1985 for clocking Joe McNally before the ball was thrown in (facts may be wrong here) but that's beside the point.
Tadgh Kennelly too and there are too many Ciaran Whelan storys to recount but they all escaped censure.

My own recall is a Longford sub in a league match in mid-90s against Kildare, giving a lad a wee thump on the way to his position and then getting sent off straight away. Lasted about 20 seconds.

So - remind me of the GAA Hall of Shame...................

Shrewdness

Leitrim referee, Seamus Prior, disgracefully sent off Roscommon substitute, Jason Neary, in the 1998 Connacht Final against Galway in Tuam. He was only on a few minutes (if even that), when he hit Ja Fallon with a good shoulder and got his marching orders. Other decisions against us made it the worst performance of so called refereeing i've ever seen.

rrhf

Canavan went quick as the referee lost the head v Armagh ulster final replay.

Club Rossa

Tyrone's Colm Donaghy came on as a sub at the Athletic Grounds in the championship against Armagh and was sent off so quickly that as he was making his way to the dugout they were only announcing the substitution over the tannoys.

moysider

Richie Feeney didn t last long in 2014 club final. Black card but still when you re off you re off.

larryin89

Quote from: Shrewdness on March 23, 2015, 08:17:37 PM
Leitrim referee, Seamus Prior, disgracefully sent off Roscommon substitute, Jason Neary, in the 1998 Connacht Final against Galway in Tuam. He was only on a few minutes (if even that), when he hit Ja Fallon with a good shoulder and got his marching orders. Other decisions against us made it the worst performance of so called refereeing i've ever seen.

Where in roscommon was he from, went to school with a Jason neary , this lad was balinameen if I remember rightly.
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

Itchy

Ulster semi Cavan v Armagh, Pearse McKenna got straight red for punching Francie Bellew, Francie went down like a big girl. I'm guessing that was within 40s if throw in.

Ciarrai_thuaidh

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on March 23, 2015, 07:57:52 PM
Having looked at the, ahem, other code, yesterday what is the quickest sending off you can recall?

Of course we will all have some mad schoolboy or Junior B yarns so let's restrict it to senior club or inter county.

Paudie should have been sent off in 1985 for clocking Joe McNally before the ball was thrown in (facts may be wrong here) but that's beside the point.
Tadgh Kennelly too and there are too many Ciaran Whelan storys to recount but they all escaped censure.

My own recall is a Longford sub in a league match in mid-90s against Kildare, giving a lad a wee thump on the way to his position and then getting sent off straight away. Lasted about 20 seconds.

So - remind me of the GAA Hall of Shame...................

Facts are indeed wrong in that case..it was McNally who started that by decking P.O when going to shake hands before the game. He got his ressponse during the anthem!
"Better to die on your feet,than live on your knees"...

Rossfan

A day and a ref the wrongs of which will live long in infamy. Every time I'm reminded of it I long for the day they frack Laythrum off tthe planet >:(
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

commonman

Quote from: larryin89 on March 23, 2015, 09:42:45 PM

Where in roscommon was he from, went to school with a Jason neary , this lad was balinameen if I remember rightly.

yes that's the same man alright - went on to win an all ireland junior medal with Roscommon in 2000, I don't think he ever played senior again though.

Shamrock Shore

Quoteit was McNally who started that by decking P.O when going to shake hands before the game

Did McNally not sledge Paudie by asking him did he come up by bus or train and call him a monkey man?

Paudie decked him and asked him, as he lay on the ground, if it was a bus or train that hit him.

I never heard of McNally drawing the fist.

muppet

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on March 23, 2015, 11:44:25 PM
Quoteit was McNally who started that by decking P.O when going to shake hands before the game

Did McNally not sledge Paudie by asking him did he come up by bus or train and call him a monkey man?

Paudie decked him and asked him, as he lay on the ground, if it was a bus or train that hit him.

I never heard of McNally drawing the fist.

Didn't Joe score two goals or was it the year after? Paudi couldn't have been marking him that day as he only ever conceded a point.
MWWSI 2017

mjg

Quote from: larryin89 on March 23, 2015, 09:42:45 PM
thats him lasted ninety seconds

TT
thats him lasted ninety seconds

rrhf

Is this turning into an anti Armagh thread? Three examples of knavery on their part so far.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Rossfan on March 23, 2015, 11:03:38 PM
A day and a ref the wrongs of which will live long in infamy. Every time I'm reminded of it I long for the day they crackLaythrum off tthe planet >:(
Jays Rossfan that's Leitrim and ourselves ;). Who'll be next?
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.