Roscommon v Galway div.2

Started by giveballaghback, March 23, 2015, 07:48:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shrewdness

Best team won, fair play to Galway. Brutally bad display from Roscommon. All the old, bad habits were there on display today with some key players completely anonymous (ie Cathal Cregg). Make no mistake, based on that performance, this Roscommon team has no business being in Division 1 next year. Might not be what my fellow countymen want to hear, but that's my view.

Syferus

Brutal performance but we have to chase promotion next week regardless. anything else really isn't an option.

The Black Mamba

Agree Shrewdness. That 2nd half especially was abysmal, no urgency like we didn't want to win at all.

GalwayBayBoy

May as well stick up the Galway team (and scorers) as it was only named before throw-in.

Manus Breathnach
Johnny Duane
Finian Hanley
Cathal Sweeney
Gary O'Donnell
Gareth Bradshaw
Johnny Heaney
Fiontain O'Curraoin
Paul Conroy (0-2)
Sean Denvir (0-1)
Damien Comer (1-3)
Peadar Og O'Griofa (0-6)
Gary Sice (0-1)
Patrick Sweeney (0-1)
Micheal Lundy

Syferus

We need to sort out Comer on Saturday or we're fùcked.

Shrewdness

Was sitting beside a man at the match who was listening to the radio commentary. He told me that Donie Shine Senior said at half time that Donie Junior tore a quad muscle last Friday while practising his free taking.

seafoid

An u21 win would be the icing on th'oul cake

giveballaghback

That game today tells us exactly where we are, no midfield and over the 6 league games we have played I would say the midfield stats would make poor bedtime reading for all Rossies, that said we have huge problems with our ball retention and ball handling, turnovers are just too easy and I just wonder how smoothly our passing drills go in training because they sure are shit in real time and today is not the first time this year out retention has been poor it is a very worrying development, I wont mention players they will know themselves but some of our main players were just completely off today, this was at best a very mediocre Galway team we were playing today and we did not put enough pressure on them when they had possession, both team and management will know what they have to do, can they do it? I dont think so, we are just not good enough..........YET.

cornetto

ThanksThis might be the most interesting game for us in this year's league. We may be light favourites but the usual pattern of inconsistency in D2 this year points to a Galway win. If we can find the form from the Down and Kildare games we'll be in a good place. I can't lie and say it isn't an enticing idea to be able to push Galway towards D3 after all the near (and far) misses over the years.

sorry to disappoint you you this week syferus, maybe kildare will do it for you next week!  come on w/meath

Rossfan

When I saw us farting about hand passing with a gale behind us I just knew it was going to be one of those days.
Galway did their best for us - an own point by their goalie, a handy goal for us, the penalty save etc. But we were totally putrid in the 2nd half.
Frighteningly we can still go up.
Hand passing gasūníns will never beat men playing football.
O'Malley only one to emerge with credit. Defence bad, midfield....what midfield forwards poor enough but if enough quick ball was hit in to them in the first we might have scored enough to win.
Cathal Cregg dire.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Syferus

Quote from: cornetto on March 29, 2015, 06:12:20 PM
ThanksThis might be the most interesting game for us in this year's league. We may be light favourites but the usual pattern of inconsistency in D2 this year points to a Galway win. If we can find the form from the Down and Kildare games we'll be in a good place. I can't lie and say it isn't an enticing idea to be able to push Galway towards D3 after all the near (and far) misses over the years.

sorry to disappoint you you this week syferus, maybe kildare will do it for you next week!  come on w/meath

Biteen early to be getting cocky ladeen.

gibbs32

Why was comer allowed play when he was sent off twice in u21 and senior.how was that allowed?

Maroon Manc

Quote from: gibbs32 on March 29, 2015, 06:37:17 PM
Why was comer allowed play when he was sent off twice in u21 and senior.how was that allowed?

Black card in 21 and 2nd yellow in the league game.

GalwayBayBoy

Did Liam Silke get motm on the radio? Did he come on for someone or start the game? He wasn't in the official team I got.

gibbs32

Is 2nd yellow not serve as one match?im not sure how cccc dish out suspensions but by my reckoning he should have  fair play galway. Think we will b seeing them again in connaught final