Clare vs Armagh. NFL March 15, Cusack Park

Started by Oraisteach, March 15, 2015, 01:46:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JP

Should never have tuned in.... its all going wrong since I did!!

Oraisteach

Oraisteach

Oraisteach

Oraisteach

armaghniac

Cross men to the rescue. Goal!
That should be enough.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Oraisteach

Oraisteach

Oraisteach

Clare 1-11. Armagh 3-11. FT.   A lucky enough escape after a second half collapse--not exactly inspiring--didn't show much poise under pressure

Sandy Hill

"Stercus accidit"

Oraisteach

Thinking the same myself, Sandy--surprised it didn't happen earlier, so maybe Finn's in better control these days--got it, of course, for a professional/cynical foul near the end, so not catastrophic

Throw ball

On the face of it you would think this was a dirty game with one red and 5 black cards - Armagh got 3. However, bar one pushing and shoving between a couple of players there was nothing in it. Murray unlucky to get a second yellow as his tackle took the ball but accidentally caught the man. No idea how Rafferty got a black - thought it was a yellow card offence but was on other side of field. No idea why Mallon or first Clare black were for. Finn was very disciplined today and his card could easily have been a free out for charging. Findon showed better discipline too. Clare are no fools but Armagh should never have let them back into it. As Armagh won I feel I can say referee had bad day at the office.

naka

Would agree throwball
Thought referee very poor
Tkernan was man of the match,
Enjoyable game but Armagh let Clare back into it.
Ethan Rafferty was having a good game but needs to calm down a little

mackers

Quote from: Throw ball on March 15, 2015, 10:39:02 PM
On the face of it you would think this was a dirty game with one red and 5 black cards - Armagh got 3. However, bar one pushing and shoving between a couple of players there was nothing in it. Murray unlucky to get a second yellow as his tackle took the ball but accidentally caught the man. No idea how Rafferty got a black - thought it was a yellow card offence but was on other side of field. No idea why Mallon or first Clare black were for. Finn was very disciplined today and his card could easily have been a free out for charging. Findon showed better discipline too. Clare are no fools but Armagh should never have let them back into it. As Armagh won I feel I can say referee had bad day at the office.
I'd agree with all of this. I thought the turning point was when Clare moved their no8 (who was excellent) into FF. Aaron Findon followed him in and Armagh struggled to get a ball in the midfield. Harold did well when he replaced Carragher and turned the tide of possession back in our favour, he also scored an excellent point at an important time. Referee was shockingly poor and Mickey Murray's second yellow wasn't even a free. Ethan Rafferty was excellent but has to learn to keep the head.
Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.

Throw ball

Quote from: mackers on March 16, 2015, 01:02:27 PM
Quote from: Throw ball on March 15, 2015, 10:39:02 PM
I'd agree with all of this. I thought the turning point was when Clare moved their no8 (who was excellent) into FF. Aaron Findon followed him in and Armagh struggled to get a ball in the midfield. Harold did well when he replaced Carragher and turned the tide of possession back in our favour, he also scored an excellent point at an important time. Referee was shockingly poor and Mickey Murray's second yellow wasn't even a free. Ethan Rafferty was excellent but has to learn to keep the head.

Agree completely on this. At least Rafferty got a rest for under 21's!