Irish First

Started by Keepthefaith93, March 05, 2015, 12:45:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stall the Bailer

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on March 07, 2015, 07:13:26 AM
Quote from: Stall the Bailer on March 06, 2015, 10:30:00 AM
Quote from: Eamonnca1 on March 06, 2015, 03:12:57 AM
Quote from: charlieTully on March 06, 2015, 12:30:37 AM
Why is religion forced on kids at GCSE level. my son picking his now and it's mandatory?

Wouldn't have a problem with that if it were an actual course on world religions and the philosophies behind them. Problem with the GCSE curriculum I got pushed into doing was it was all about the taig church, and all other belief systems were either misrepresented or given lip service. I'd prefer it if RE were replaced by a broader subject called philosophy which would include some of the stuff now studied in RE, but put in a clearer context.
Strange that, a religious school teaching religion. What next Irish people wanting things Irish?

If religious schools want to brainwash the children they can knock themselves out. But don't use taxpayers' money to do it, and there's no way any state-funded institution should be in the hands of a church.
All tax payers now have no belief in religion?  ::)

Eamonnca1

Quote from: Stall the Bailer on March 07, 2015, 07:59:56 AM

No, Stall. It's not true that all taxpayers have no belief in religion. Who would ever suggest such a thing and why?

Stall the Bailer

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on March 08, 2015, 02:26:21 AM
Quote from: Stall the Bailer on March 07, 2015, 07:59:56 AM

No, Stall. It's not true that all taxpayers have no belief in religion. Who would ever suggest such a thing and why?
You said tax payers money shouldn't be used for religious education. Why should non-religious people have more right than religious people where their taxes are spent?