Kerry v Dublin

Started by twohands!!!, February 28, 2015, 10:56:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BennyCake

Quote from: Zulu on March 01, 2015, 04:02:06 PM
Quote from: BennyCake on March 01, 2015, 03:51:52 PM
Quote from: Zulu on March 01, 2015, 03:34:58 PM
Why was Fitzsimmons sent off? Scrappy enough game in the second half but good pace and intensity to it and enjoyable enough.

Dirty fcuker should get 3 months for that.

Nonsense Benny.

Running at a player at that speed and force on the blind side. Disgusting. 3 months.

Zulu

Ah give me a break, 3 months???? No strike, just a push. A yellow at best.

twohands!!!

Quote from: Zulu on March 01, 2015, 04:06:53 PM
It wasn't in front of the ref and unfortunately there's been far more cowardly things done a football field. But if we ignore all that none of what you said is a red unless pushing hard is a red, is it?

He ran across the ref's eyeline while the ref was busy with Maher & Brogan.

"Contributing to a melee" is technically a red card so as such I'd imagine that's what the ref will put down on his report as opposed to striking.

fearsiuil

Quote from: Zulu on March 01, 2015, 04:13:07 PM
Ah give me a break, 3 months???? No strike, just a push. A yellow at best.

Ran from distance and hit Fionn Fitzgerald as he was blindsided with both hands high. Did you see it? Shemozzle had stopped and he did this. Had to go IMO.

Zulu

But if a red is contributing top a melee and he was consistent then there was at least 10 reds in the game. The lineman told the ref about it so he didn't see it.

Lots of players ran from a distance and yes he was a bit high and was with two hands but it wasn't to the head and it wasn't a strike. It was a hard push to the top of the chest. Not a red IMO.

maigheo

A red all  day long and it was the linesman who was looking directly at the incident.

Zulu

You're right it was the linesman who saw it, now what did he see that was a red in your opinion?

fearsiuil

Quote from: Zulu on March 01, 2015, 04:32:06 PM
You're right it was the linesman who saw it, now what did he see that was a red in your opinion?

I suppose the agression involved would be deliberate dangerous play. Very foolish from Fitzsimons.

maigheo

First of all Fitzsimons hands were very close to the kerry mans head and it might have looked like he struck him on the chin and if nothing else it was extremely dangerous play.Has to be a red every time

Zulu

Not for me, but I can see how someone could interpret it like that though I find it interesting that some are saying a definite red while only able to speculate what the red might come under. I wouldn't have a problem with Fitzsimmons if I was Gavin and I don't think the real Jim Gavin will either. Anyway I suppose this could go around for a lap or two so I'll leave it there. No red for me and no harm not to be bullied by Kerry at home from a Dublin POV. Both teams will be happy enough I'd imagine.

fearsiuil

Not being bullied by Kerry and standig up etc. is all fine but Fitzsimons showed a lack of smarts by running at Fionn Fitzgerald when everyone else had calmed down and the referee was booking the instigators. I'd say Galvin would not be impressed with Fitzsimons, he showed a lack of judgement and caused his team to go down to 14.

Sidney

The Fitzsimons incident was a deserved red but it doesn't merit any more than the minimum suspension. And Bryan Sheehan might well have been sent off for an elbow over on the sideline in the second half. He should count himself lucky that the ref chose to completely ignore it.

Dublin had little idea how to play with that wind in the second half and Kerry kept the ball very well. Deserved winners.

bennydorano

Hate to see that type of effort from Fitzsimons, probably a rush of blood to be fair,  but I always associate it with classic cowardism that you see in far too many club games, normally where some wee bollix punches someone from behind & legs it.

JUst retired

If it happened in an Armagh / Tyrone game people by now would be calling for jail sentences. But it was Dublin and Kerry,sure we all know nobody done anything. RTE ignored it and so will the GAA. Move on folks.

imtommygunn

Yeah but the key place that highlights these things is bbc ni so not quite gaa's fault...