Dublin v Tyrone 7th March 2015 7pm - 20 years ago since 1995 AI final Rivalry

Started by Fuzzman, February 27, 2015, 03:54:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

twohands!!!

Quote from: JoG2 on March 07, 2015, 08:06:38 PM
Surely Dublin know that they have to be patient in front of the 15 man defence, work a wee opening and buy a free? The pot shots from around the 45 ain't working

Really doesn't look like it.

CD

Said it before and I'll say it again - a fit Justy McMahon is some player!
Who's a bit of a moaning Michael tonight!

GJL

Threw that one away I doubt. 3 points up at 68 minutes and ends up a draw!

maigheo

Definatly a point thrown away for Tyrone and for me Mattie Donnelly clearly man of the match

twohands!!!

Well it got a bit exciting in the end but the fact that Dublin got anything out of that has to fall into the day-light robbery category, even though it was under lights.

Dublin looked like a side that had never even heard of a blanket defence, nevermind actually played against it. Definitely not in form at the moment and they can't be looking forward to what looks like a very tricky away game to Mayo next weekend.

Tyrone will be absolutely sickened by that result especially with the number of efforts dropped short and put wide, especially given how well and how disciplined their defending was throughout. However as against that I reckon they had 23 attempts for points in play and only scored 5 of them. Almost impossible to win a game with that sort of shooting display.

Can't help wonder if all the chopping and changing with the Dub and all the squad players is stopping them from getting any sort of settled consistency as a team.

Good result for Mayo, Cork, Kerry and Donegal in terms of getting a semi-final spot

Lamh Dhearg Alba

A better Tyrone performance tonight I thought and should have won by a few, disappointing to only get the point in the end. Good to see Donnelly performing so well further up the field and hopefully he stays there.

twohands!!!

Gavin a bit of a snarky bollox there in the post-match interview  ;D

"Would you be surprised if I told you that the free count was 26 6 against you?"
"No I have those stats myself"

Over the Bar

omagh_gael

Disappointed not to take both points there. You love it when those pot shots off the post fall in your favour but it's a real sickener when they go against you! All we are interested in is staying in division1 so hopefully our superior score difference against the likes of Monaghan and Derry will be worth a point itself.

McCurry had a nightmare this evening but he's been our main man recently so no problem there. Thought, once again, that young McNulty showed up well, very hard stopped when he gets a gallop up.

rrhf

Gotta try mickey on Neill in goals.  Well done mic key harte and the lads.  We shall overcome.

stibhan

If a team with a decent free taker and good scoring forwards plays against Dublin mimicking that system they will be finished.

Tyrone lack both, sadly.

bennydorano

squire_in_navy_slacks

Hard luck to the Tyrone buckos tonight ye deserved to win, very well organised and well drilled, Dublin were horrid, it was like the Donegal game/semi last year were we ran into alleys............................. Bring back Gilroy and Mickey Whelan  :D

squire_in_navy_slacks

Mattie Donnelly is some operator, a mistake putting him in at ff with about 15 / 20 to go I thought

rrhf

Aye we did, Ye dont take yer chances in Croke Park ye rarely win.  How many was there tonight?  Felt big Mc Nulty was outstanding and destroyed Bastick.