Div 2 Final: Meath Vs Roscommon

Started by thejuice, April 21, 2007, 09:56:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thejuice

Might as well start this thread now.

The Royals Vs The Rossies

Anyone know the venue/Date?

Cant see them using croke park again. Mullingar might be the best place for it.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Tatler Jack

A week ago Division 4 looked more likely for Ros and Div 3 for Meath. A week is a long time in football!

Shamrock Shore

My money would be Breffni or Longford next Sunday.

Judging from what I saw this evening neither side are going to be around come the business end of the championship.

armaghniac

QuoteCant see them using croke park again. Mullingar might be the best place for it.

Cavan would seem to have the capacity for this.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Hardy

I thought the arrangenment was that the Div. 2 final was the curtain-raiser for the Div. 1 final in Croke Park?

thejuice

Yea, but due to delay of fixtures in Div 2A, they're played on seperate dates. Donegal Mayo is tomorrow.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Tatler Jack

QuoteJudging from what I saw this evening neither side are going to be around come the business end of the championship.

Probable true SS but I always feel you write off Meath at your peril!! Felt they were unlucky last year against Laois. In the case of Roscommon they are very much building a team and promotion to Div 2 is progress – reaching the Div 2 final is a bonus. Game v Sligo in championship is very much 50/50 and winners are in Connacht final. That is as much as we can expect this year.

Shamrock Shore

Hardy

Sorry to 'surprise text' you with the half time score. Funny looks when you rang cos i was, eh, otherwise occupied in the Gents.

Or is that too much information?  :-[

Hardy

Not at all - I appreciated it. Didn't know your surroundings!

Juice - sorry about the mental aberration - forgot the Div 1 final was tomorrow. Portlaoise would suit me nicely.

thejuice

Portlaoise is a pain, i remember the nightmare of the traffic coming back from when we beat westmeath in 2002. took forever to get home.

Onlooker

Interesting that the runners up in Divisions 2A and 2B each beat the winners of the other section to qualify for the final.

Farrandeelin

I'd have preferred if the Div 2 final had gone ahead as planned today as a curtain-raiser to the Div 1 final. The fixture involving Leitrim and London had no impact on the top 4 placings and they could have played that game today as well, imo.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

BallyhaiseMan

i was impressed with the Rossies last night,a Big Mobile team,with a good full forward line and Midfield.Also Impressed with Meath as well,That is some spine of a team with,Fay,Moyles,Ward,Crawford and Reily, all over or around 6'2.
It should be a good game

thejuice

Colm Coyle has a 8 week sideline ban for telling a referee what he thought of him. Apparently it is from the Wexford game. He'll miss the Kildare game on May 20th.

thejuice

According to John Maughen, the game is being played in Clones Next weekend