Div 2 Final: Meath Vs Roscommon

Started by thejuice, April 21, 2007, 09:56:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jinxy

Quote from: Cllr Willie Power on April 26, 2007, 10:18:32 PM
It'll be interesting to see if Maughan can win that elusive national title - in Croker and against Meath. Memories eh?  ;)

Ros seem to have a few injury problems though while Meath are full strength(?) so I presume they are favourites. Any word on the odds? Here's hoping for a good game but I think I speak for most Mayo people when I say that we wouldn't know who to support.  :P

Roscommon are definitely favourites for this one.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Ryano

Quote from: Jinxy on April 26, 2007, 11:46:49 PM
It'll be interesting to see if Maughan can win that elusive national title - in Croker and against Meath. Memories eh?  ;)

Ros seem to have a few injury problems though while Meath are full strength(?) so I presume they are favourites. Any word on the odds? Here's hoping for a good game but I think I speak for most Mayo people when I say that we wouldn't know who to support.  :P

Don't know about that one Jinxy. Meath hammered us off the field in Navan 8 months ago in the Tommy Murphy cup. We are without our most influential player in Shaq O'Neill and John Nolan our first choice centre half is out with a chest infection. His two replacements John Woggie Nolan (yes there are two of them) and Darragh Donnelly are also both out. Hardly makes us favourites to beat a Meath team who dismissed Monaghan (who also beat us well at the start of the league this year) without the likes of Geraghty and a few other first choice players even starting.

Hardy

I beg your pardon! Tommy Murphy Cup? Meath? Not that I remember. Maybe yiz were battered about WITH the Tommy Murphy cup and you're misremembering?

Just to stay on topic - it won't be worth our whiles turning up. Roscommon are rightly massive favourites for this one.

Jinxy

Quote from: Ryano on April 27, 2007, 08:59:19 AM

Don't know about that one Jinxy. Meath hammered us off the field in Navan 8 months ago in the Tommy Murphy cup. We are without our most influential player in Shaq O'Neill and John Nolan our first choice centre half is out with a chest infection. His two replacements John Woggie Nolan (yes there are two of them) and Darragh Donnelly are also both out. Hardly makes us favourites to beat a Meath team who dismissed Monaghan (who also beat us well at the start of the league this year) without the likes of Geraghty and a few other first choice players even starting.

Who'd have thunk there were 2 Woggie Nolans in the world. ???

P.S. Roscommon are favourites (no comebacks!)

Tatler Jack

It was in the qualifiers Ryano that the Royals walloped us. Think an apology to all in Meath is due from you to suggest they would ever be in the TM cup.

I see Paddy Power has Meath favourites at 4/7. I see no reason to diasgree with him. It will be a bit of experience for our lads and I hope the Cavan economy benefits. We benefitted from theor big spending when they played Mayo in the qualifiers couple of years ago - heard some publicans retired on the back of it.

jaykay

Quote from: Jinxy on April 27, 2007, 09:34:43 AM
Quote from: Ryano on April 27, 2007, 08:59:19 AM

Who'd have thunk there were 2 Woggie Nolans in the world. ???

P.S. Roscommon are favourites (no comebacks!)

Only 1 John "Woggy" Nolan, he plays for Ros Gaels, the other John Nolan plays for Western Gaels.
Re: Favourites.  Check out Sky Blues post
http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=65.75

Jinxy

Look, Roscommon are favourites. You needn't present evidence to the contrary as I'll just ignore it (fingers in ears "la,la,la,la,la, I am not listening") ;D

Ryano

Quote from: Tatler Jack on April 27, 2007, 11:00:47 AM
It was in the qualifiers Ryano that the Royals walloped us. Think an apology to all in Meath is due from you to suggest they would ever be in the TM cup.

My apologies to all the royals. I was thinking ahead of ye being in the Tommy murphy cup this year. ;)

Quote from: Tatler Jack on April 27, 2007, 11:00:47 AM
I see Paddy Power has Meath favourites at 4/7. I see no reason to diasgree with him. It will be a bit of experience for our lads and I hope the Cavan economy benefits. We benefitted from their big spending when they played Mayo in the qualifiers couple of years ago - heard some publicans retired on the back of it.

You mean went bankrupt on the back of it.  ;D

Jinxy

God help us if we ever end up in the Tommy Cooper cup. :o

thejuice

Well Gerathy is fit to start on Sunday, no team announced yet, We have a good chance of winning, the way people are talking its as if we got into the final by accident. We beat everyone without playing brilliant (exception Cavan & Wexford).

In fact we were brutal in every game if you were to believe all you read yet here we are in a final. We can win this game if we for once play to our best.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Redgreenery

I'm surprised that Roscommon are favourites to be honest, to me i'd say Meath will take it!

thejuice

Seamus O'Niell was training during the week, and may play some part in todays game.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Tatler Jack

Meath 8-4 ahead at half time. Seem to be well on top in the middle third of the field

mayo51

ros 0.7 meath 1.10  oneill  came on in first half

Tatler Jack