New Catholic Church/ DUP coalition! Is this they way forward?

Started by T Fearon, February 24, 2015, 05:46:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gallsman

Quote from: T Fearon on February 28, 2015, 06:59:56 PM
Thankfully it will be God that judges me (and everyone else) not the DUP

That's our point - you're fucked regardless.

Oraisteach

If you have to take any sort of a quiz to get in, then Tony's OK, but if you have to book your spot, well then . . . .

michaelg

Quote from: T Fearon on February 28, 2015, 06:59:56 PM
Thankfully it will be God that judges me (and everyone else) not the DUP
Hopefully your judging of others does not throw a spanner in the works.

Oraisteach

Maybe that couple you banned from the B & B for imagined homosexual acts?

T Fearon

The Iceman

QuoteSex is for procreation. Anything goes between a husband and a wife in the bedroom as long as it leads to intercourse and is open to life. You can't be open to life by using contraception. Look up the catechism. The gaaboard is not Catholicanswers.com

QuoteI don't understand the Church's fascination with sex.

Also, if it's all about intercourse being "open to life", why would the Church promote the rhythm method? Whilst there's still a chance of conception, that's actively trying to prevent it, therefore no different in aim to artificial contraception, just less effective (and of no value at all in preventing the spread of diseases).

The Rhythm method is open to life. It also promotes abstinence. NFP is hard work - we practice it and it's a big commitment from the Mrs. It's also open to life as nothing artificial is blocking life. Completely different. Diseases won't be spread any further than the couple as the church isn't promoting NFP outside of marriage....
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

Oraisteach

What, Tony?  Refusing to let them stay at your hostelry does not involve being judgmental.  Sh$t, Mary and Joseph had more luck finding accommodation in Bethlehem than your Poyntzpass guests.  You're putting the mental back in the word "judgmental."

T Fearon

ONeill

Anyone who engages with Anthony in serious debate is equally as deluded.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Oraisteach

Really, Tony? "preventing sin in my house is not being judgmental"!  And how do you intend to sift the sinners from the saintly in in Tony's House of B & B (Bondage and Buggery")?  Since we're all sinners, gay and straight, you'd have to put up a sign "Poyntz 'They Shall Not' Pass, and simply have to close up shop.  Every potential visitor would have to pass a judgment test about whether they would, with certainty, commit sin.  And don't give two spits of butterfly's piddle about 'Let he who is without sin cast the first stone.'

Anyway, talking about not passing, do you happen to know what radio is covering the Armagh vs. Limerick game? 

T Fearon

Accommodating sinners is totally different from facilitating their actual sin.

Maguire01

What if a heterosexual married couple in your B&B were using contraception? Is it better or worse to be facilitating that?

thebigfella

Quote from: Maguire01 on March 01, 2015, 12:34:21 PM
What if a heterosexual married couple in your B&B were using contraception? Is it better or worse to be facilitating that?

Only if they got the Johnnies from the machine in the bogs

muppet

Quote from: T Fearon on February 28, 2015, 10:03:54 PM
That's not being judgemental.

;D ;D ;D ;D

You impose a sanction on the gay couple based on your religious beliefs, so yes it certainly is being judgemental.
MWWSI 2017