New Catholic Church/ DUP coalition! Is this they way forward?

Started by T Fearon, February 24, 2015, 05:46:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnneycool

Quote from: deiseach on February 25, 2015, 09:23:59 AM
Bloody hell. Fearon is basically justifying sharia law. I'm amazed that I'm amazed, yet somehow I manage to be amazed.

Religious fundamentalists of all hues have much in common, I'm not amazed at all.

Quote from: T Fearon on February 24, 2015, 06:02:22 PM
How can organisations poles apart with disastrous consequences for decades,now co operating,be anything but good news?

The catholic church by and large abandoned its flock to the murderous work of the state during those times, with the honourable exceptions of a few individuals within the church.

T Fearon

Now you're getting it Hardy.It is a complex conflict of competing rights.

Now if the same malign categorisation applied by the previous poster to "Christian Fundamentalists" had been applied to "Gays" there'd be hell to pay,but alas Christians apparently are fair game for bigots.

Hardy

Nonsense. It's rights versus dogma. Nobody's interfering with your right to believe what you want. You, on the other hand, want the right to prevent other people from making their own life decisions.

deiseach

Quote from: johnneycool on February 25, 2015, 10:56:25 AM
Quote from: deiseach on February 25, 2015, 09:23:59 AM
Bloody hell. Fearon is basically justifying sharia law. I'm amazed that I'm amazed, yet somehow I manage to be amazed.

Religious fundamentalists of all hues have much in common, I'm not amazed at all.

True. But every time I think he can't stoop any lower, he somehow manages it.

T Fearon

Bullshit.I am exercising my right not to facilitate practices I believe to be immoral and sinful and which contradict my religious beliefs.The secular equivalent to this is asking a law abiding citizen to assist with a Bank Robbery

Hardy

That illustrates the problem nicely. Your dogma teaches you that people's private life decisions, which have no impact on your ability to live your life as you please, have the same status as crimes. And that that gives you the right to interfere in those decisions. 

Keyboard Warrior

Quote from: Hardy on February 25, 2015, 11:42:16 AM
That illustrates the problem nicely. Your dogma teaches you that people's private life decisions, which have no impact on your ability to live your life as you please, have the same status as crimes. And that that gives you the right to interfere in those decisions.

Hear, hear.

T Fearon

It does impact on my ability to live my life as I please (part of which is the avoidance of sin or facilitation of same) if Im asked to ice a cake endorsing gay marriage or provide a room in my house for gay sex.Surely you a man of advanced years can grasp this simple and obvious point.

deiseach

I think Ashers will be successful in their defence of the case brought against them by the Equality Commission. You shouldn't be required to create an item which you find offensive, whether it's a gay cake or a GAA cake. What should not be permitted is that you make the gay/GAA cake for one person but refuse to make it for someone else because they're gay or black or a Prod. Same logic applies to running a B&B. If you can't bring yourself to provide the service to someone because they are gay, you need to find another line of work.

T Fearon

Ashers will not provide icing on a cake endorsing gay marriage for anyone.That I believe is their right.Now if they refused to sell a cake to a person or persons just because they are gay,thats an entirely different matter which should attract punishment.

As a person who was ordered out of a shop as a young boy in Portadown while.attempting to buy a comic,when I gabe the name my school is response to a question from the shopkeeper,I can only marvel at the changes Ive seen in my lifetime.

guy crouchback

QuoteAs a person who was ordered out of a shop as a young boy in Portadown while.attempting to buy a comic,when I gabe the name my school is response to a question from the shopkeeper,I can only marvel at the changes Ive seen in my lifetime.

very good!

T Fearon

Bingo

Fearon finds another topic that allows him to argue against everyone else and say some controversial stuff that will get him attention and reactions.  ::)

illdecide

Tony sorry to be the one to break this to you but if this was a boxing match you'd have been knocked out 3-4 pages ago, I have to admire the way you keep carrying on taking the beatings your taking but at least your not going down without a fight...lol :) :) :)
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

T Fearon

How? By the amount of  bigots ganging up on me? It certainly isn't due to any logical coherent argument on their part.In fact the intellectual deficit is frightening on this Board as evidenced by the inability to understand that those who refuse to compromise on deeply held religious beliefs are being neither discriminatory or bigoted.