GAA Club and county colours

Started by Lone Shark, February 23, 2015, 10:11:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Heshs Umpire

Quote from: AZOffaly on February 25, 2015, 02:46:39 PM
Are portarlington still that Maroon/Green combination? That'd be rare enough too I'd say..
They are indeed. A maroon jersey with a green sash and white shorts.
On the tricolour jersey front, Crettyard wear a green, white and gold jersey and various designs using those colours have been used over the years.
Well I could keep it above
But then it wouldn't be sky anymore

Ciarrai_thuaidh

This is some gas thread!

The maddest jerseys in Kerry football would probably be Duagh I think..a maroon and yellow combination. Not pleasing on the eye, IMO.

Brosna, current AI Junior club champs play in a very distinctive tangerine jersey aswell..I actually like it but some people wouldn't be gone on it.

There are lots of weird hooped combinations in Cork alright..you'd wonder where they came from..but one of the most obvious ones to mention to me, would be Nemo Rangers, who's distinctive Black with Green hoops is a fairly rare combination.

"Better to die on your feet,than live on your knees"...

charlie linkbox

Apparently Cavan's colours are blue and white because back in 1895 they were scheduled to play a challenge match against Monaghan in Clones. However, they were too tight to bring jerseys of their own so Monaghan lent them their away jerseys which were predominantly blue with white trim. Cavan never gave the jerseys back hence their adoption of these colours.

AZOffaly

ha ha derry

The sash on jerseys is a throwback to when the missionaries were organising games in South America or so I was told. A lot of South American soccer teams have them as well.

oneflewoverthecuckoonest

does any gaa  club in Ireland wear brown jerseys or even a combination involving brown?

AZOffaly

I think there's a crowd in Cork that do. They wear it with a combination of colours. I think there might be a crowd in Limerick too.

5 Sams

Quote from: oneflewoverthecuckoonest on December 15, 2015, 04:06:17 PM
does any gaa  club in Ireland wear brown jerseys or even a combination involving brown?

St Mungos  ;) ;)

Saw these boys in Newry last night...v v v good.

The Aristocrat Years

brokencrossbar1

Ye bate me to it 5 Sams!!

While not quite unusual in colour style,  I loved this type of jersey back in the day!!

5 Sams

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on December 15, 2015, 04:39:27 PM

While not quite unusual in colour style,  I loved this type of jersey back in the day!!  What do you mean?? Big ones??

The Aristocrat Years

AZOffaly

Old Dick O'Hara. Legend. And an axe murderer on the field :)

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: AZOffaly on December 15, 2015, 04:44:19 PM
Old Dick O'Hara. Legend. And an axe murderer on the field :)

He looks it alright!

Piss of Sams, I'm big boned!

screenexile

While not quite unusual in colour style,  I loved this type of jersey back in the day!!

Ahead of his time... a 'Tight Fit' jersey before they were even made!!

general_lee

Is it odd that only one club in Armagh adopted the county team colours? Or would that be common enough?

snoopdog

Quote from: screenexile on December 15, 2015, 05:02:45 PM

Ahead of his time... a 'Tight Fit' jersey before they were even made!!
The shorts were beat on back then. Haven't got much loser nowadays either.