Gaa takes over Mayo debt

Started by giveballaghback, February 23, 2015, 09:29:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

macdanger2

Quote from: Lone Shark on March 02, 2015, 10:10:40 AM
Quote from: macdanger2 on February 28, 2015, 08:24:25 AM
Designating one ground as the venue for Connacht finals would give a massive advantage to whichever county it was

And designating three grounds gives a massive advantage to those three counties over the others. Yet no one is arguing that there should be Connacht finals in Carrick, Sligo or Ruislip. That's not an argument to hold Connacht Finals in the Hyde, it's an argument to hold Connacht finals everywhere.

I wasn't advocating having three grounds - if I had my way, I wouldn't let the Rossies develop a roll of film nevermind the Hyde  ;D

As it stands, there are two suitable grounds so it's home/away when it's Mayo v Galway and a neutral ground when it's any other combination so no county has an unfair home advantage. Having only one ground would change that.

Another option would be to hold all Connacht finals in Limerick, sure it isn't that far away anyway

I accept your point though that there isn't need for two (not to mention three) 25k grounds in Connacht but assigning only one will certainly give an advantage to whatever county is chosen. It's probably something that should be look at by the GAA centrally and 4-10 grounds should be chosen across the country for development for provincial and qualifier use. Chances are most of these would be around the midlands for geography reasons

giveballaghback

Well lads Padraic Duffy has given the go ahead for the redevelopment of the Hyde according to a statement released by Ros cb this morning,  it says the work will be completed for the 2017 season, we could not be at home if we qualified for this years Connacht final anyway so the most we will miss would be the 2016 if any at all.

larryin89

Quote from: giveballaghback on March 02, 2015, 07:18:32 PM
Well lads Padraic Duffy has given the go ahead for the redevelopment of the Hyde according to a statement released by Ros cb this morning,  it says the work will be completed for the 2017 season, we could not be at home if we qualified for this years Connacht final anyway so the most we will miss would be the 2016 if any at all.

Maybe duffy could be a bit more specific in what he is actually indicating in his statement , is the hyde going to be the clones of connacht ?
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

muppet

Quote from: larryin89 on March 02, 2015, 07:52:01 PM
Quote from: giveballaghback on March 02, 2015, 07:18:32 PM

Maybe duffy could be a bit more specific in what he is actually indicating in his statement , is the hyde going to be the clones of connacht ?

Not going to happen.

They should develop Bekan into the Provincial Ground.  ;D
MWWSI 2017

Syferus

Shrewdness

Was it Padraig Duffy who said that Croke Park are impressed with the way the Hyde Park ownership issue was resolved?. He said that Hyde Park will get it's dues from Croke Park when Hyde Park complete in 2017.

Blowitupref

Connacht school semi finals was played in Connacht centre of excellence last Saturday a tweet from Connacht tribune journalist where the games was played in atrocious weather conditions.
Centre of excellence me hole! No stand, no dugouts, no shelter. Not even a HT mug of tae. And extra-time.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Syferus

Quote from: Blowitupref on March 02, 2015, 08:47:31 PM
Connacht school semi finals was played in Connacht centre of excellence last Saturday a tweet from Connacht tribune journalist where the games was played in atrocious weather conditions.
Centre of excellence me hole! No stand, no dugouts, no shelter. Not even a HT mug of tae. And extra-time.

Plenty of tea and refreshments when the Ted Webb is on during the summer, in fairness to JP and company. Methinks the journo is a little too used to the easy life. No need for stands at the CoE either.

Apart from the one pitch that is completely uneven it's a grand facility and in a good spot to service as much of Connacht as one centre could possibly do.

giveballaghback

I agree syf a fine facility in a handy place for all connacht counties, a credit to all concerned.

Mike Sheehy

When one thinks of Hyde park one does not think of Connacht.The Hyde is far too midlandish and , dare I say it, left-footerish.

This conundrum requires more stone walls, rebel songs,  and windswept coastal vistas which Roscommon, for all its virtues, will never provide.

Rossfan

Etc is "leftfooterish"? Protestant??
Or do you mean unique and distinguished like Ros people?
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Mike Sheehy

Quote from: Rossfan on March 02, 2015, 11:05:47 PM
I mean,like,  it is not quite "Connacht" , like I said. Roscommon is the midlands. A mouthy version of Longford so to speak.

Syferus

Don't feed the poor lad. He's been hungry ever since the Tyrone lads wised up to his game.

Mike Sheehy

Quote from: Syferus on March 02, 2015, 11:50:46 PM

Don't feed the poor lad. He's been hungry ever since the Tyrone lads wised up to his game.

I've always had more time for the Longford lads. Decent county. None of the delusional Roscommon airs and graces.

Why is that I wonder ?