Brands..

Started by 5 Sams, February 22, 2015, 06:53:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

5 Sams

When it comes to buying stuff (especially food) there are certain brands that I have to buy and I wont compromise on...

Kerrygold Butter
Barry's Tea
Clonakilty Black Pudding
O'Neills Sports wear/polo shirts, etc.

I know other people swear by Toyota cars, Puma King Boots, etc.

Anything else lads?
The Aristocrat Years

DickyRock

Heinz beans, can't be having anything in else

T Fearon

bennydorano

HP brown sauce, there is no acceptable alternative.

5 Sams

Quote from: bennydorano on February 22, 2015, 07:25:33 PM
HP brown sauce, there is no acceptable alternative.

I can live with Chef! But no other ketchup apart from Heinz.
The Aristocrat Years

ardtole

Has to be hp for me. Chef is stinking.

Line Ball

Quote from: ardtole on February 22, 2015, 07:34:35 PM
Has to be hp for me. Chef is stinking.

Have to agree.   Nothing nicer on the handwiches.

thewobbler

I've always been happily brand agnostic. There are brands I prefer but nearly always I'll drop them in a flash if there is a better value option. Hence I wear NB trainers when I usually buy Ascics, drink Costa coffee if it's closer than Starbucks but never if it's further, and have an Alba TV, because it plays the same channels as an LG, but cost half as much.

Like most people I grew up on the taste of Heinz beans and ketchup, and HB sauce, and won't buy anything else - but i reckon this is more tastebud related than brand related: my palate prefers these flavours to competitor flavours. As and when someone provides me with Asda/Tesco own brand beans and I can't really tell the difference, I'll be the first to decamp.

Worrying though I've gained a recent draw - bordering on fetish - for Regina Blitz kitchen roll. I've spent my whole life ignoring marketing to be pulled in by kitchen roll!

muppet

Quote from: thewobbler on February 22, 2015, 08:09:36 PM
I've always been happily brand agnostic. There are brands I prefer but nearly always I'll drop them in a flash if there is a better value option. Hence I wear NB trainers when I usually buy Ascics, drink Costa coffee if it's closer than Starbucks but never if it's further, and have an Alba TV, because it plays the same channels as an LG, but cost half as much.

Like most people I grew up on the taste of Heinz beans and ketchup, and HB sauce, and won't buy anything else - but i reckon this is more tastebud related than brand related: my palate prefers these flavours to competitor flavours. As and when someone provides me with Asda/Tesco own brand beans and I can't really tell the difference, I'll be the first to decamp.

Worrying though I've gained a recent draw - bordering on fetish - for Regina Blitz kitchen roll. I've spent my whole life ignoring marketing to be pulled in by kitchen roll!

The one thing I won't compromise on is quality bog roll!

The thought of putting something called Regina Blitz up me arse makes me shudder.
MWWSI 2017

Hardy

Quote from: muppet on February 22, 2015, 08:18:16 PM
Quote from: thewobbler on February 22, 2015, 08:09:36 PM

The one thing I won't compromise on is quality bog roll!

The thought of putting something called Regina Blitz up me arse makes me shudder.

The thought of putting something called Regina Blitz ANYTHING up me arse makes me shudder.

5 Sams

In fairness Hardy I doubt if he was considering putting any kind of KITCHEN roll up his arse.
The Aristocrat Years

Tony Baloney

Has to be proper Weetabix and Jaffa Cakes and none of your own brand Coke.

thewobbler

Quote from: 5 Sams on February 22, 2015, 08:31:09 PM
In fairness Hardy I doubt if he was considering putting any kind of KITCHEN roll up his arse.

True. But I'd also suggest that it's kind of inevitable should you make constant use of the toilet beside the kitchen, then one day you will forget to check the main bunker's supplies before delivery. The natural response then is to see what's in the reserve bunker. This is when the soft, spongy qualities of Blitz by Regina really come into their own.

:)

beer baron

5 Sams

Quote from: thewobbler on February 22, 2015, 08:36:04 PM
Quote from: 5 Sams on February 22, 2015, 08:31:09 PM

True. But I'd also suggest that it's kind of inevitable should you make constant use of the toilet beside the kitchen, then one day you will forget to check the main bunker's supplies before delivery. The natural response then is to see what's in the reserve bunker. This is when the soft, spongy qualities of Blitz by Regina really come into their own.

:)

Good luck with the toilet beside the kitchen :o Wouldn't get much use on a  Saturday morning in my house!
The Aristocrat Years