Pub Quiz Questions That Can't Be Answered By Googling?

Started by ONeill, February 19, 2015, 10:53:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

muppet

Quote from: deiseach on February 20, 2015, 03:01:06 PM
Bollix is as bollix does ;)

Google won't help with this question:

Who has multiple personalities here, and who are they?  :D
MWWSI 2017

AZOffaly

ONeill

Was it first time they lost when Rush scored first or first time they lost when he scored? I'd suggest the former.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

deiseach

Quote from: ONeill on February 20, 2015, 03:20:07 PM
Was it first time they lost when Rush scored first or first time they lost when he scored? I'd suggest the former.

First time they lost when he scored first, last, or somewhere in the middle.

AZOffaly

Nope, the latter. It was an unbelievable record. Everytime he scored, Liverpool won, until that day.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2007/apr/07/newsstory.sport10 I actually remember that Norwich defeat as well, that's when the League more or less went across Stanley Park.

muppet

Quote from: AZOffaly on February 20, 2015, 03:19:29 PM
Answer O'Neill, and he is everyone.

Woah!

Then he is omnipotent?

This actually answers the threads here on everything from the religious threads to the Larry Reilly one.

.....it is all beginning to make sense.......
MWWSI 2017

ONeill

That is remarkable regarding Rush. What song made his twin sister famous?

deiseach

Quote from: ONeill on February 20, 2015, 03:25:43 PM
That is remarkable regarding Rush. What song made his twin sister famous?

The Power of Love. Yes, Holly Johnson is Ian Rush's twin sister. You won't find that on Google!

ONeill

magpie seanie

Quote from: AZOffaly on February 20, 2015, 03:21:53 PM
Nope, the latter. It was an unbelievable record. Everytime he scored, Liverpool won, until that day.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2007/apr/07/newsstory.sport10 I actually remember that Norwich defeat as well, that's when the League more or less went across Stanley Park.

Well they didn't lose anyway.

Another amazing record was that he didn't score against United (who were distinctly average for most of his career) until about 1990 if I remember correctly (and when it came it was a cracker, volley from right hand side of the box - bit of a hit and hope job  :P ).

muppet

Quote from: magpie seanie on February 20, 2015, 04:01:50 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on February 20, 2015, 03:21:53 PM

Well they didn't lose anyway.

Another amazing record was that he didn't score against United (who were distinctly average for most of his career) until about 1990 if I remember correctly (and when it came it was a cracker, volley from right hand side of the box - bit of a hit and hope job  :P ).

That is explained by this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYWO9LiotEs
MWWSI 2017

deiseach

His first goal against Man Utd was in the 2-0 win that handed the title to Leeds.

Billys Boots

Quote from: deiseach on February 20, 2015, 04:32:34 PM

His first goal against Man Utd was in the 2-0 win that handed the title to Leeds.

In fairness (to Leeds) they'd already won by beating Sheffield Utd earlier in the day.  As well as earning enough points over the season to win the title.  :P
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

ballinaman

3 players who have scored hat tricks in the premier league who have the FIRST letter of their Christian name the same as the LAST letter of their surname.

eg. William Willow

Drove me mental today. Enjoy

Tony Baloney

Quote from: ballinaman on February 20, 2015, 08:45:45 PM
3 players who have scored hat tricks in the premier league who have the FIRST letter of their Christian name the same as the LAST letter of their surname.

eg. William Willow

Drove me mental today. Enjoy
Robbie Fowler