Champions league 2015

Started by seafoid, February 17, 2015, 08:31:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syferus

Love Jose. English soccer is so much more entertaining with him back; his response to Carragher and Souness was excellent also. Seems to thrive in a siege mentality too.

Sidney

Quote from: screenexile on March 13, 2015, 12:30:48 AM

Maureen is a horrible b**tard but his record as a manager is second to none. You may not agree with his methods but his record speaks for itself! City are Champions and have a ball of money yet they cant touch Chelsea this year!!
I think you'll find it's second to plenty.

Sidney

Quote from: gallsman on March 13, 2015, 09:00:20 AM
Agreed, Mourinho is a genius but a **** nonetheless. His CL wins with Inter and Porto were fantastic achievements. Regardless of how much Moratti bankrolled Inter, they failed in Europe year after year under Mancini. Their wins at Stamford Bridge and at home to Barca were exceptional. He let himself down at Madrid though, with the whole team turning into a very bay nasty image of him.
With Porto he got poxed lucky against a poor Manchester United team with a wrongly disallowed goal and a dreadful goalkeeping mistake. Then beat the weakest opposition that any Champions League winner has had to beat.

With Inter he got lucky with the ash cloud and a wrongly disallowed goal against Barcelona.

Still quite a few years left before his luck will have evened out.

gallsman

Quote from: Sidney on March 13, 2015, 11:54:48 PM
Quote from: gallsman on March 13, 2015, 09:00:20 AM
Agreed, Mourinho is a genius but a **** nonetheless. His CL wins with Inter and Porto were fantastic achievements. Regardless of how much Moratti bankrolled Inter, they failed in Europe year after year under Mancini. Their wins at Stamford Bridge and at home to Barca were exceptional. He let himself down at Madrid though, with the whole team turning into a very bay nasty image of him.
With Porto he got poxed lucky against a poor Manchester United team with a wrongly disallowed goal and a dreadful goalkeeping mistake. Then beat the weakest opposition that any Champions League winner has had to beat.

With Inter he got lucky with the ash cloud and a wrongly disallowed goal against Barcelona.

Still quite a few years left before his luck will have evened out.

That Monaco team came from behind to put Madrid out and then dumped out Ranieri's Chelsea in '04. More than deserving finalists. Porto still won the bloody thing, a mere year after being Uefa cup winners.

I agree about the ash cloud etc and Bojan's disallowed goal in 2010 but that's hardly Mou's fault. Barca got lucky the year before with the Chelsea match and some think the year after when Pepe got sent off. Every team needs a bit of luck to win all sorts of competitions

Boycey

Barca and Messi in particular seem to have refound their mojo after a lacklustre (by their standards) 18 months or so.

Spellbinding stuff..

gallsman

Quote from: Boycey on March 18, 2015, 08:39:09 PM
Barca and Messi in particular seem to have refound their mojo after a lacklustre (by their standards) 18 months or so.

Spellbinding stuff..

So. Many. Nutmegs.

Messi is absolutely flying at the minute. 10 assists to go with 20 goals this year. What's most impressive though is the sight of him haring back to the edge of his own box to make tackles. Has been doing it in the league too and that hasn't been seen for a few years.

AZOffaly

Yaya Toure looks like Steven Gerrard in that defensive role. They are just strolling past him. This is a turkey shoot.

mouview

Milner looks like a cart horse. Who is this Sanchez playing for Barce' that wee George speaks of?

Boycey

If you were being picky you could say that they look susceptible to conceding a goal or two but the range of their attacking is incredible..

AZOffaly

AZOffaly

screenexile

Should have been 10 only for Joe Hart. As good a goalkeeping performance as I've seen since Ludak Miklosko on the last day of the season in 1995 to win us the league!!

gallsman

Quote from: hardstation on March 18, 2015, 09:29:02 PM
Ok, I'm not watching the game but I read this thread before going to check the score. Was expecting 5-0. Disappointed.

But for a mixture of poor finishing from Neymar and Suarez, Barca could/should realistically have had about 7. Played most of the second half in third gear in fairness.

An Watcher

Toure getting applauded off. Some footballer but a embarrassment tonight. The very least you expect from a professional is effort which he did not give. He wasn't alone either. They'll tank some team at the weekend and all will be forgotten. Joke

Over the Bar

Pep, Ancelotti, Simeone, Klopp and Rodgers are all vastly superior managers and I could name at least another six or seven I'd have before him.

Lol. Might you be a Liverpool fan by any chance?? ;D