Price of Razor Blades

Started by john mcgill, April 21, 2007, 11:06:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

john mcgill

I've just paid £11.45 for 8 Mach 3 Turbo blades in Boots.  The Fusion ones were nearly £2 a blade.  Bloody rip off. I'd grow a beard but I don't teach Geography anymore and the cord trousers are used for gardening. I need to shave every work day at least.  Anyone know of any shop that has reasonable prices?  End of rant.

heganboy

There was a great thread on the old board about shaving, and following advice given I have reverted to the old school double edged safety blades, and cream and a brush. My face and my pocket have been enjoying the 5 month break! No intention of buying any more rip off fusion 15 blade crap with their new radioactive micro gel bundled in ever again.
Old school stylee!
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

Hardy

Bizarre behaviour and just a temporary fad in the annals of anthropology. Future generations will marvel at this era, when some weird compulsion drove men to scrape all the naturally-growing hair off their faces every day. Just their faces, for some reason. Nowhere else. What's that about?

The Iceman

I bought a packet of Mach 3 and it had a voucher for £2 off Fusion blades so I think Gillette are trying to get us all to buy the Fusion and ditch the Mach 3's.
Cheap blades? Do they even exist?

I know I bought a box of 8 in America for something like $4 so they are a lot cheaper elsewhere.

I have just grown a beard - beats spending a crap load of money.

Beards are not just for Geography teachers - who gives a crap what it looks like.
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

dublinfella

Quote from: heganboy on April 21, 2007, 12:08:39 PM
There was a great thread on the old board about shaving, and following advice given I have reverted to the old school double edged safety blades, and cream and a brush. My face and my pocket have been enjoying the 5 month break! No intention of buying any more rip off fusion 15 blade crap with their new radioactive micro gel bundled in ever again.
Old school stylee!

interestigly a mate of mine was recommending the brush and blade approach to me recently.

where do you get the blades?

amallon

You can get the fusion blades on ebay a bit cheaper than in the shops. 
Disclaimer: I am responsible for MY comments only.  I don't own this site.

ardal

Quote from: dublinfella on April 21, 2007, 10:33:25 PM
Quote from: heganboy on April 21, 2007, 12:08:39 PM
Old school stylee!

interestigly a mate of mine was recommending the brush and blade approach to me recently.

where do you get the blades?

Went down the same road myself, it's definitely a far better job. I think I last paid about €2 for 10 new wilkinson sword double edged blades. Because they come in a small packet they are't as obvious as the likes of the fusion blades etc, but as far as I'm aware they're still in most supermarkets

realredhandfan

I like the neanderthal meath mans approach.

charlie stubbs

theres a fella i no from portadown that helped to design the mac3 if u need any advice

john mcgill

there's me complaining about the price of blades and then I found this site for a free razor
http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=424262

Gabriel_Hurl

Just paid $27.99 for 8 Schick Quattro Power Blades

dublinfella

Quote from: john mcgill on April 24, 2007, 09:48:56 PM
there's me complaining about the price of blades and then I found this site for a free razor
http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=424262

doesnt seem to work for us free staters....

Star Spangler

The UK and Ireland are unusual in Europe for the high use of shaving foam in a can and disposable razors.  In other parts of Europe - particularly Italy and France - the majority of men use the old fashioned blades and razors.  And they all use shaving brushes and soap.

ONeill

QuoteCheap blades? Do they even exist?

I have a couple of cousins who don't charge that much.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

realredhandfan

Are they still on the go from after school days?  ;)